DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Laptops

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    XT1080

Laptops

My wifes Acer 5336-2524 is seeming sluggish. i just did a factory reset on it. and she told e it seems even slower.
    and now yesterday the fan stopped working consistently.

replace the fan?
    go for a new laptop?
    the two laptops i'm looking into
    Sony Vaio VPCEH32FX

ASUS N55SF-EH71

sistently.
    So looking for thoughts. I dont know how old her laptop is. but i dont think shes taken the best care of it >.>

idk looking for advice.
    I'm on these forums all the time for my bionic and looking at the news.
    "A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    The fan on most laptops is tied to a thermometer on one or more chips, such as the microprocessor. If it is now factory reset, it is likely working less stressfully and so isn't heating up as much, meaning it doesn't need cooling constantly. The fan will come on when it needs it, and can even slow down to a quieter speed if need be. Don't worry about the fan unless the device starts heating up and the fan doesn't come on at all. Then you need to power off because you have a problem.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    First do a disk clean up then delete Nortons or McAfee anti-virus (if you have it) and any unneeded Acer bloatware and old programs (There is plenty of that). Download and run (in this order) a good anti-virus (Avast or AVG), Malwarebytes, CCleaner, Free Window Registry Repair. All programs are free and can be found on Cnet.com. After all that run defrag a few times. All of this is free. If it doesn't work, then get a new computer. But you have nothing to lose.

Last week I started looking for a used laptop because my desktop is starting to die. My sis-in-law had one she stopped using because it was running too slow. She gave it to me and I thanked her. She said "Don't thank me yet, you might hate me after you try to use this laptop". It was slow, very slow. It's an Acer Aspire. I did everything I told you to do and now I'm typing this post on it. It runs great, it just had a lot of junk on it. It had no viruses but it had 15 spyware/malware issues, tons of bloat, over 1000 registry errors and was three years behind in windows updates because it sat in a closet for that long.

Let me know how you make out. Hopefully this will help.

EDIT: Also check out what is running at start up. That will slow your computer down. Adding some more ram will help a lot too.
    Last edited by LoudRam; 07-21-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    Droid does...Apple bites

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    XT1080
    we just did the reset and later that day it did the super hot no fan. did a restart still same problem.

i'll work on the lap top tonight.
    and she just said teh dreaded words... she wants to save up and get, a mac
    "A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    What do you mean by "reset?" Are you formatting and reinstalling your OS?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    XT1080
    no i hit alt f10 on boot and it said "factory reset" i didnt have to put any codes or anything for windows or microsoft. the program ran for about 20 minutes and it was like we opened the lap top up for the first time again.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Samsung galaxy note 2
    Download speedfan and see how hot your laptop is getting. My hp laptops fan worked but it still wasn't sufficient my laptop was hitting 205 watching youtube

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Links