DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cable vs Dish TV vs Direct TV

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    1Gen Moto Droid
    [QUOTE=UrbanBounca;1850859]I'll take that man-card. :P

LOL, funny commercials - but I do watched NFL but not enough free time on Sunday. I watched mostly college but on Sunday there are enough NFL games, between the locally broadcast & SNF (Also MNF).
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    1Gen Moto Droid
    Sometimes today I'm going to call Cox and see if they will throw HD upgrade for no additional charge. I've seen both Directv & Dish offer promotional period so I do have doubts how much they will increase or if there is any cap on the increase. Have seen offered for both satelite offered promotional price for 1 yr.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by soops View Post
    Sometimes today I'm going to call Cox and see if they will throw HD upgrade for no additional charge. I've seen both Directv & Dish offer promotional period so I do have doubts how much they will increase or if there is any cap on the increase. Have seen offered for both satelite offered promotional price for 1 yr.
    I should have posted earlier that this is what I did! I called Time warner complaining saying I was thinking of switching to direct tv & if they could do anything to keep me. The first girl I spoke with was rude & wouldn't do anything. So I filed a complaint email which I never thought would get read. 4 days later I get a call from a ERY nice woman from Time Warner! She said she was sorry for what happened and if I was willing she might be able to work something out. She asked me what I used my TV for & then offered me All the Premium channels (I already was getting HBO) for only $5 more per month for one year and lowered my RoadRunner by $10. Plus she marked my account & gave me her extension so I can call her when my year so she or whomever will be in her position at that time can see what they can offer me at that time! She was very nice & talked to me for almost an hour. I really never expected to see a corporate rep willing to work so hard to keep a customer. I didn't expect anything for free but I'd say she gave me a pretty good deal. So now I get HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, Encore, The Movie Channel and all the extras that go with them!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    I cannot say anything about Directvís deals, but since I work for DISH Network, I know that DISH is offering HD programming free for life, and an everyday price guarantee until 2013 so there will not be any unexpected price leaps. It is true you can have one receiver that will control 2 TVís independently, but from my own experience, I have never had any kind of lag because TV2 actually uses an UHF remote. I also live in Colorado and even through the worst snowstorms, we have never lost our picture for more than a couple of minutes, and this was attributed to our dish being covered in snow. Being that you are in AZ, you would have no worries of losing signal due to inclement weather. Hope this helps clarify a few things
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    1Gen Moto Droid

Staying w/Cox

Yesterday I ended up calling up cox - account retention dept. Told them I'm paying way more than dish/directv and yet the only HD channels I get are the local broadcasts, and that is only when I have to manually switch using splitter. The rep said I can replace my standard cable box with their HD box which lets me receive more HD channels and I get to save about $13/mo less. Got it connected last night & I'm happy. Not sure if it's common but every now & then the tv freezes up. Other than that no complain.
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soops View Post
    Yesterday I ended up calling up cox - account retention dept. Told them I'm paying way more than dish/directv and yet the only HD channels I get are the local broadcasts, and that is only when I have to manually switch using splitter. The rep said I can replace my standard cable box with their HD box which lets me receive more HD channels and I get to save about $13/mo less. Got it connected last night & I'm happy. Not sure if it's common but every now & then the tv freezes up. Other than that no complain.
    I can say that my Dish doesn't ever freeze with HD.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I have Cox and I love it, my brother has DirecTV and loves it, my cousin has dish and cries every night, dish seems to be losing either just fox sports or fox in general, either way its no good

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    FOX and DISH Network came to a long-term agreement last year, so they are not in a position to lose any of those channels at the moment.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Ozone
    I've had cable and Internet through my cable provider now for almost two years of service. I like cable better because it is underground and the weather won't affect if we have bad weather. I've tried satellite TV before in the past, and every time that it rains or snows, it messes up. And that's the main reason why I don't like it. I've tried both dish network and direct TV, and they both are the same. I mean, their packages are awesome the fact that you get more channels for the price that I am paying for on cable. But I still won't go to satellite TV.

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using DroidForums
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    Dish lies about their price freezes. It was supposed to be 150 channels for $26 for the first year, then go to $30 something the second year. It went to $35 within a couple months and now its at $45. Everytime I have called, they refer to the contract to a small clause that says they can do whatever the hell they want and don't have to honor agreements.

X
    -Brad
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links