DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Eclipse 2.2.2 .906

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    techdigital
    Phone
    Droid 3 XT862
    Once adb is working you will be responsible for the only port of any eclipse with working adb im suprised more havent inquired about it, without adb your hands are tied in so many areas

Sent from my Toshiba THRiVE AT105 via Tapatalk
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    This is the first ROM I've tried with the D3, and I certainly like it a whole lot better than stock. I was having freezeups with 1.2, so I've been running 1.1 without issue....well, except for one - battery life seems to be less than desirable. For example, last night I went to bed with just wifi turned on, and woke up to 46% battery left.

A couple questions to this effect:
    1. I saw the post that Eclipse 3.0 is coming soon. Any expectation that it has improved battery life, or is this purely due to the overclocking?
    2. Whether I wait for 3.0, or go to the current non overclocked version, can I use Titanium to backup/restore all my settings/apps? It took me a few days on and off to reconfigure and install everything, and I'd prefer not to do that all again.

Thanks in advance for any advice..
  3. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    826 times
    Twitter
    guidot42
    Phone
    i605/i9250/i515/XT862/A855
    Premium Member
    3.0 is out. Battery life is better but its not going to be "as good as" stock because more mhz = more voltage.

You can try to use SetCPU or another program of that sort to keep it turned down on screen off and such.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

1.Need to Flash a ROM? - Flashing ROM - Best Practices
    2.How-To Setup a ROM/MOD/Theme Thread with prefix - Setup ROM/MOD/Theme Thread
    3.Guidelines of Conduct on Droidforums.net - Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by crackface View Post
    This is the first ROM I've tried with the D3, and I certainly like it a whole lot better than stock. I was having freezeups with 1.2, so I've been running 1.1 without issue....well, except for one - battery life seems to be less than desirable. For example, last night I went to bed with just wifi turned on, and woke up to 46% battery left.

A couple questions to this effect:
    1. I saw the post that Eclipse 3.0 is coming soon. Any expectation that it has improved battery life, or is this purely due to the overclocking?
    2. Whether I wait for 3.0, or go to the current non overclocked version, can I use Titanium to backup/restore all my settings/apps? It took me a few days on and off to reconfigure and install everything, and I'd prefer not to do that all again.

Thanks in advance for any advice..
    I'm running 3.0 overclocked to 1.2 at the moment. I get 6 to7 hours with heavy use. Meaning that I get that by hardly ever putting my phone down. I've let my phone sit for nearly 11 hours and had 70% battery left before I plugged it up to charge. That was with medium to light use. With data and WiFi enabled. I too sometimes reboot if I do too many things too quickly, but it doesn't bother me. Yet. I'm going to flash the non-overclocked version later on. The overclocked, as guidot explained, is the reason you're experiencing a short battery life. The 1.1 will have slightly to significantly better battery life, depending on your use, and the non-oc will have better than the 1.1 oc, again depending on your use.

I would go ahead and upgrade to 3.0. With it being a newer version, there have been pretty good battery tweaks (coding in the framework/build.prop that better utilies certain processes) that help to extend battery life. If your main concern is battery life, flash the 3.0 non-overclocked version. Or if you wish for a slight mix of both, go with 3.0 1.1 oc.

Yes, Titanium Backup will help you to keep from restoring everything individually. BUT, if there are apps that have backup/restore settings like GO SMS, any home replacement app like Go Launcher, ADWLauncher, etc., you will need to do those backups within the settings of that app. Unless, you use TiBu to backup EVERYTHING on your phone. I, personally, just backup my apps and restore them later.

I hope this helps and if you need any more clarification, don't hesitate to ask.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid
    Last edited by cobravnm13; 06-16-2012 at 02:48 PM.
    OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    ^ gah, I feel like FoxKat.

guidot likes this.

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    I heard that!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    guidot likes this.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    D3, D1, XOOM
    As far as using Titanium, I only restore user apps, only some with data. Just be picky, certain apps don't have many settings/data that will take too much effort to setup again manually.

...just had to restore slacker radio with data because it wouldn't accept my correct login...
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pistacio View Post
    As far as using Titanium, I only restore user apps, only some with data. Just be picky, certain apps don't have many settings/data that will take too much effort to setup again manually.

...just had to restore slacker radio with data because it wouldn't accept my correct login...
    I forgot to clarify that I only backup and restore user apps. :/ TiBu automatically backs up data with user apps. And yeah, depending on the app, it just as simple as hitting backup, and then restore. Thank you, pistacio.

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    D3, D1, XOOM
    Forgot to add why only user apps are restored...

Restoring SYSTEM apps is not a good idea, like access points, email accounts, system settings, etc. They could conflict with the system apps included in the custom ROM causing force closes and reboots.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pistacio View Post
    Forgot to add why only user apps are restored...

Restoring SYSTEM apps is not a good idea, like access points, email accounts, system settings, etc. They could conflict with the system apps included in the custom ROM causing force closes and reboots.
    Yesh. For example, restoring Gingerbread settings meant for GB in an ICS ROM. And vice versa.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Links