2.3.4 Market has just Blacked Out.. go to my section and get it before Google updates again!!! lol
Thanks for this ecseand!
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.-We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!
If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
Guys, I have been searching forums all day and it's driving me crazy. How do I install the latest working Vending.apk? I just want the stock version.
I'm using CyanogenMod 6.1.2 (Stable) on the Motorola Droid 1. I installed via ROM Manager, and am using the latest version of that.
The version of Vending.apk I have right now just force closes after it tries to launch. I've checked the permissions and all that.
I'm using Super Manager as my file management program.
I've tried going to recovery mode and installing Vending.apk from a zip file. I don't know what people mean when they say that they use "update.zip" to install anything.
All of the instructions I've found so far have been unclear. I don't want to flash or reinstall everything on my phone. I just want Market to be updated!
This is what I did to get it to work on CM 6.1.2 on Moto Droid 1.
1. Buy and install Root Explorer.
2. Download the Vending.apk, version 2.2.7, and put it at the root of my SD card. Do this via dropbox or the USB cable. It doesn't matter where you put it on the SD card or how you get it there. I downloaded an unsigned copy of 2.2.7, I think. Maybe it doesn't matter. Here's a link to the signed copy: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
3. I then downloaded/installed ZipSigner from the Market: https://market.android.com/details?i...wood.zipsigner
Yes, I realize you need a working version of Market to get this APK. But you can get this app with Market 1.8.x.
4. I then run ZipSigner on the new Version.apk that you put on your SD Card. This should take a few seconds. You should see it crunching away via a status bar.
5. Back up a copy of your current Vending.apk (version 1.8.2). Just COPY it to your SDCard, and change the name to "Vending.apkOLD" for example. Just don't replace your new copy that's sitting there.
6. Using Root Explorer, copy your new Vending.apk, which has been signed by ZipSigner, from the SD card to /system/app/Vending.apk
This will effectively replace your Market app. What worked for me was writing over the existing app with this new one. Don't ask me why.
7. Using Root Explorer again, I changed the permissions of the Vending.apk to what they're supposed to be: Vendingapk permissions image by gtpdjw on Photobucket
And that's it. I rebooted right away. I held my breath, and it worked.
Last edited by kedmond; 03-14-2011 at 02:40 PM.
I'm currently restoring CM7 to a previous backup. I want to get to a point where the market at least works, no matter what version it is.
Then I will attempt to get this to work again.
Here are the steps I took...
Not only is the Market now blacked out, but it no longer force closes, AND I can finally update apps once again! The problem as far as I can tell is all about the Market version. DO NOT try to install the Black Market over top of the 2.3.4 version!!1. I reflashed to a previous backup of CM7. (I did NOT wipe data and cache this time.)
2. I checked to make sure the Market was present.
3. I went into Manage Apps and confirmed the version number. It was 2.3.4.
4. I went into Titanium and froze the Market Updater.
5. I flashed the 2.2.7 version of the Market.
6. I checked to make sure everything was working correctly.
7. Checked for the Market in App Drawer.
8. I reflashed the Black Market zip.
9. Then I checked to make sure the Market was in the App Drawer again, it should be in a different place.
Last edited by AnthonyZul; 03-14-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Can we get a 2.2.7 version of the trublue market?? looks closes to honeycomb THANK YOU!
OR.......maybe someone wants to tackle a real honeycomb themed one?
Everything I HAVE or Do is Custom......Period
2.2.7? Dude, the market is on 2.3.4 now. If you look in Mbk's section, he has it over there.