Unofficial Update to Miui v4.1.1
Hey guys, I just finished making/testing an update to this ROM based on Jrizzill's modified version of the ROM. Basically Zen & crew do not want modifications to the ROM posted in full ROM format, but encourage custom updates such as this one. This installs/modifies only what is listed below.
I took the changes that Jrizzill had made an implemented them in an update format, with a couple personal tweaks. I chose not to change the boot animation as he did. I chose to remove not only Gmail, but also Locale & QuickSearchBox.apk (download Google Search & Voice Search from Market). Lastly, I added the redraw fix local.prop to /data (this was the hard part).
Credit to Jrizzill for the basics & for his build.prop.
- Added Additional Ringtones Found In Bugless Beast
- Added Home Screen redraw fix as a local.prop in /data (drastically reduces home screen redraws)
- Disabled Camera Shutter / Video Recording Sounds (replaced .ogg files w/ .bak files)
- Set WiFi Scan Interval To "90" For Better Battery
- Deleted Redundancies From /System/Build.Prop File
- Deleted The Following Apps:
- Gmail (download in Market)
- QuickSearchBox (download Google Search & Voice Search in market)
- Added Apps That Were Missing From The Package
- Car Home Launcher (need to download Car Home from Market for it to work)
RECOMMENDED GOOGLE APP INSTALLS FROM MARKET:
If anyone would like any of these patches isolated I'd be happy to do that as well. (For example a .zip that just adds the ringtones or the redraw "fix").
EDIT: Super minor issue with this update.zip. Rather than sift through all the ringtones and remove the ones that were already present in this ROM, I just left them all in figuring that the duplicates would have the same file names and simply be overwritten. By and large this was the case, but for 3 or 4 of the ringtones the filenames were slightly different (ex: Enter_The_Nexus.ogg and Enter_the_nexus.ogg, Tinkerbell.ogg and TinkerBell.ogg). This results in these 3 or 4 ringtones showing up as doubles. I apologize for this, I should have taken the time to comb through and remove the duplicates. The doubles can easily be removed in Root Explorer, but if this update is still valid by Friday, I will also create an update just to remove the duplicates on Friday (I'll be busy until then).
EDIT2: I've isolated the redraw fix into a zip:
Flashing this accomplishes the exact same thing as entering the following commands into the terminal:
Open Terminal Emulator and type the following commands (hit enter after each):
echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop