DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.7.8.0 [DEV]

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    it's the Droid programming menu:

Don't change settings in this menu if you do not know what you're doing...

• Usigng the dial pad (not the keyboard) Dial ##PROGRAM
    • Send
    • 000000 (or MSL)
    • Verify

Any other ROM aside from Miui it works. You can diag, change acct, data select, debug, etc.

j-
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Thanks Magiman for the hard work you put in to these builds. This is MUCH smoother and more stable than the last release. I was getting too many random restarts before. With this build I haven't had one random restart. Plus I noticed after my first day that my battery life was better.
  3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I went to ChevyNo1's ROM again because I was having some annoying reboots and such on the last MIUI that was out. I am loving SS because it seems to be good on battery and didnt reboot once on a 2 hour car ride, playing music and navigating... Still, I am hearing some good things about this latest release of MIUI so curiosity (and ui beauty) has got be flashing it...

Love my miui like no other... Can't wait for these 'final' builds I am hearing about...
    The Mooooooon!
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by icculusX View Post
    I went to ChevyNo1's ROM again because I was having some annoying reboots and such on the last MIUI that was out. I am loving SS because it seems to be good on battery and didnt reboot once on a 2 hour car ride, playing music and navigating... Still, I am hearing some good things about this latest release of MIUI so curiosity (and ui beauty) has got be flashing it...

Love my miui like no other... Can't wait for these 'final' builds I am hearing about...
    Yeah, I prefer Chevy's speed and stability but miui just looks so awesome and its so different from the usual Droid experience lol
    Btw aren't you the one that made the Luna theme? Anything new on that? It'd be cool to see a miui Luna theme or even a simply stunning Luna theme lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Edit: btw magiman, how about throwing in the new market app floating around in the next build? I installed it on the current one had to delete the one in /system/app first though and install it as a data app)...it looks pretty cool
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ming-soon.html
    Last edited by metalspring; 07-14-2011 at 03:21 PM.
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 1
    Running great except timing seems off on flash for camera. Haven't seen any other comments about it so don't know if anyone else is having issue.

6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    magiman7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by waco View Post
    Running great except timing seems off on flash for camera. Haven't seen any other comments about it so don't know if anyone else is having issue.

You aren't the first. Somebody alerted me to this on MIUI.us forum last week. When I fixed the zoom and fc issue w/ Miui Camera, I created this bug. It flashes to autofocus, but will not flash when taking a picture.

Looking into it. It is the last thing keeping me from releasing 1.7.15. If I can't get it by tomorrow, I will release with stock cm7 camera because that I can get to work properly.
    People say that if you play Microsoft CD's backwards, you hear satanic things, but that's nothing, because if you play them forwards, they install Windows.

If at first you don't succeed, paint it shiny white and put an Apple logo on it. You can make a fortune on upgrades.

7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by magiman7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by waco View Post

You aren't the first. Somebody alerted me to this on MIUI.us forum last week. When I fixed the zoom and fc issue w/ Miui Camera, I created this bug. It flashes to autofocus, but will not flash when taking a picture.

Looking into it. It is the last thing keeping me from releasing 1.7.15. If I can't get it by tomorrow, I will release with stock cm7 camera because that I can get to work properly.
    Awesome Dropping!
    Can't wait as the new UI looks unbelievable.
    To those who are having reboots have you tried ChevyNo1 kernel, really has played well with MIUI lately. Zero reboots. One thing I have been trying recently is using my swap partition of 256 with a swappiness(greatest word ever) of 80 and up the vm heap to 60 and drop the compcache to something lower than my old normal of 20something down to below 18percent.
    Less freezes and no soft or full reboots. Hope that helps with anyone who has had issues previously, because with the new look for this release makes this at least a must try.
    Can't wait mags.
    All one can hope is that the issues yet to be addressed still have not been so we can get the weekly sob story post!

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
    danceswithbongs
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Well alright!

This is absolutely the best build on my phone yet. I’ve got a super-sweet smooth set up, the fastest and smoothest to date!

I’m eager to see what the new build is like so I‘m about to load it up, but I’m keeping a nandroid of this one and tagging it as the last best to return to if the upcoming builds aren’t to this standard; that is of course until one of the upcoming builds supersedes this one.

Also I love the new horizontal looping home screens. I don’t remember this on any of the previous builds, or else I didn’t notice until now, but it’s very cool!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Links