DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MIUI.us-Sholes-1.6.24.0

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    That could very well be the issue there, for almost any battery saving tweaks you sacrifice something in performance...I don't notice too much because I run a much faster kernel...btw just an fyi Zeppelinrox is updating his supercharger settings so you might wanna put the updated settings into the next build (if he has them worked out by then)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    magiman7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Another performance tweak that may help some of you if your phone is lagging. With the limited RAM in the D1, you can have very smooth performance by killing all background tasks and keeping a large amount of memory free or you can have some lag while trying to spread the memory between background tasks to keep them running.

I have been trying with most of my memory tweaks to push in the area of multitasking because of all the complaints with gb killing background tasks. With the lasts two builds of MIUI, it seems those tweaks may be asking for too much.

If your phone is experiencing lag, try entering the following command in terminal

su
    echo 4096 > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes

That should help reduce the lag, however, it will probably affect multitasking performance. Unfortunately you can't have it all with new software and old hardware

The change will not stick through a reboot, so if this affects performance negatively for you, just reboot and you will be back to stock. If this change does help, you will have to enter it again after each reboot to keep it.

This change will probably be made in future releases.

I will definitely keep an eye on any changes Zeppelinrox makes to his script and see how they work with our MIUI builds.
    People say that if you play Microsoft CD's backwards, you hear satanic things, but that's nothing, because if you play them forwards, they install Windows.

If at first you don't succeed, paint it shiny white and put an Apple logo on it. You can make a fortune on upgrades.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Ive got to Say Hands Down Best Build An Best GB release Out there! My phone Run great yesterday! went to The beach all Day for my BDAY an it lasted from the Morning All the way Till this Morning With 20% Still! Honestly Everything Worked!!! an I even Could receive Phone calls! LoL this was With minimal Brower Usage But All in All I am VERY pleased!!! Thank you For giving Me a Working Phone with New Software On my Old friend! Going Strong Since Release Date!!!
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by magiman7 View Post
    Another performance tweak that may help some of you if your phone is lagging. With the limited RAM in the D1, you can have very smooth performance by killing all background tasks and keeping a large amount of memory free or you can have some lag while trying to spread the memory between background tasks to keep them running.

I have been trying with most of my memory tweaks to push in the area of multitasking because of all the complaints with gb killing background tasks. With the lasts two builds of MIUI, it seems those tweaks may be asking for too much.

If your phone is experiencing lag, try entering the following command in terminal

su

That should help reduce the lag, however, it will probably affect multitasking performance. Unfortunately you can't have it all with new software and old hardware

The change will not stick through a reboot, so if this affects performance negatively for you, just reboot and you will be back to stock. If this change does help, you will have to enter it again after each reboot to keep it.

Have you tried other values too? Like maybe a compromise for performance and multitasking would be averaging the stock value and that 4096?
    Just a suggestion to possibly try

Edit: btw to make that fix permanent, copy/paste
    echo "4096" > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes;
    into /system/etc/init.d/01sysctl with root explorer
    Last edited by metalspring; 06-26-2011 at 01:04 PM.
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    magiman7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    Have you tried other values too? Like maybe a compromise for performance and multitasking would be averaging the stock value and that 4096?
    Just a suggestion to possibly try

Edit: btw to make that fix permanent, copy/paste
    echo "4096" > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes;
    into /system/etc/init.d/01sysctl with root explorer
    I haven't tried too many other values. I believe default is 1991, so you could try values between there. I can only test how these changes affect my typical phone use. So I post it here so others can test this change and report back how it affects their phone and then I can know what to try going forward.
    People say that if you play Microsoft CD's backwards, you hear satanic things, but that's nothing, because if you play them forwards, they install Windows.

If at first you don't succeed, paint it shiny white and put an Apple logo on it. You can make a fortune on upgrades.

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    sk0tfoto
    Phone
    Incredible 2
    Well, my D1 finally bit the bullet, but thanks MIUI folks for making it's last few months fun!

I'll be back when the Incredible 2 gets unlocked and I see MIUI available!
    -Card.
    Rooted D1, ChevyNo1 1.1ghz mdV kernel, MIUI 1.6.10 ROM. Google voice/Groove IP home phone.
    Droid Incredible 2, Tiamat 1.1.5 kernel, Liquid 3.1 ROM. So far, so good!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by magiman7 View Post

su

I will definitely keep an eye on any changes Zeppelinrox makes to his script and see how they work with our MIUI builds.
    This was soooo helpful! Thank you! I'm not super big on multitasking, so keeping a bunch of things open in the background is kinda pointless for me.
    Current Phone:

[ParanoidAndroid]
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Previous Phones:
    Galaxy Nexus (CDMA/LTE) [ParanoidAndroid]
    Droid 1 [MIUI.us]
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I just noticed that when I receive text messages my screen turns on. I use Handcent. I turned off all notifications for the MIUI Messaging app. I have the Handcent settings configured so the screen is not supposed to turn on. Does this version of the ROM have a setting I am unaware of for receiving messages?? I'd appreciate any help with the situation.

Edit:
    I guess I should mention that I do not want my screen turning on when I receive a text.
    Last edited by g_what; 06-27-2011 at 08:19 AM.
    Current Phone:

[ParanoidAndroid]
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Previous Phones:
    Galaxy Nexus (CDMA/LTE) [ParanoidAndroid]
    Droid 1 [MIUI.us]
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by g_what View Post
    I just noticed that when I receive text messages my screen turns on. I use Handcent. I turned off all notifications for the MIUI Messaging app. I have the Handcent settings configured so the screen is not supposed to turn on. Does this version of the ROM have a setting I am unaware of for receiving messages?? I'd appreciate any help with the situation.

Edit:
    I guess I should mention that I do not want my screen turning on when I receive a text.
    Make sure that miui SMS notification screen wake up is set.off on miui.

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I'm having poor battery life with miui.us 1.6.24. Im getting 5 hours with moderate using. I went back to 1.6.17, I feel like that version is the most stable one

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links