DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing Wallpaper New Lockscreen

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Changing Wallpaper New Lockscreen

Hey guys, so im on the latest build which is awesome. so i decided to give making a new cool lockscreen a go, this is what I was able to come up with

Only problem is I can't figure out how to change the wallpaper without changing my homescreen wallpaper. Anybody know of any fixes? Im comfortable with .xml editing (obviously) so any tips/pointers would be awesome.

3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    magiman7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    You do not change the lock screen wallpaper in the lock screen style. It is changed by a full theme our changing it separately. The lock screen styles only change the style of the lock screen.
    People say that if you play Microsoft CD's backwards, you hear satanic things, but that's nothing, because if you play them forwards, they install Windows.

If at first you don't succeed, paint it shiny white and put an Apple logo on it. You can make a fortune on upgrades.

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by magiman7 View Post
    You do not change the lock screen wallpaper in the lock screen style. It is changed by a full theme our changing it separately. The lock screen styles only change the style of the lock screen.
    Yes I see, but when I try to change it seperately it doesn't work. It always takes on the same wall as my homescreen

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    having the same issue.
    MIUI ~~ BB
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Fix
    MIUI ~~ BB
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    magiman7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    This should be fixed in 1.6.24, although the theme style for the lockscreen background has changed. You can find updated lockscreen style themes Here
    People say that if you play Microsoft CD's backwards, you hear satanic things, but that's nothing, because if you play them forwards, they install Windows.

If at first you don't succeed, paint it shiny white and put an Apple logo on it. You can make a fortune on upgrades.

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    This should be fixed in 1.6.24, although the theme style for the lockscreen background has changed. You can find updated lockscreen style themes Here
    hmm ok thanks. So how can I update my theme to be compatible? don't really want to recode the whole thing
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    magiman7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    TBH, I haven't looked at what has changed. I would suggest looking at one of the themes for 1.6.24 and compare it to one of the older 1.6.17 themes. I don't know if it is in the manifest.xml or if the image just has a different name in the res directory.

I don't think it is going to require you to recode a bunch of stuff, just probably changing name or location of background image you want to use.

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    TBH, I haven't looked at what has changed. I would suggest looking at one of the themes for 1.6.24 and compare it to one of the older 1.6.17 themes. I don't know if it is in the manifest.xml or if the image just has a different name in the res directory.

I don't think it is going to require you to recode a bunch of stuff, just probably changing name or location of background image you want to use.
    the only thing different I see is it says </wallpaper> at the beginning... but I took one of the new themes as a base and did all the modifications I had done and now I can get a new wallpaper but I can't unlock my phone.

I slide it and it just bounces right back to the starting point, won't unlock.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mkcm97 View Post

the only thing different I see is it says </wallpaper> at the beginning... but I took one of the new themes as a base and did all the modifications I had done and now I can get a new wallpaper but I can't unlock my phone.

I slide it and it just bounces right back to the starting point, won't unlock.
    nevermind, got it working.... I made a stupid mistake xD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links