This build is MOSTLY STABLE BUT STILL BETA
This build was ported to the droid by TP4BAMA and MagiMan7, translations to english were done by MIUI.us
All of the MIUI.us build are now available on Rom Manager under MIUI.us which will allow automatic notification of future builds
Follow us on twitter for real time updates!
If this is your first time trying MIUI, read the MIUI Manual
(credit The Batman) to become familiar with the interface and many of the hidden options.
/*Anything you do to your phone is solely your responsibilty, you choose
to modify your phone. This rom has been marked BETA by the developer,
however should anything happen to your phone neither of the developers
"MagiMan7 and/or Tp4bama" nor MIUI.us nor Miui.cn developers are liable
- Apps dont automatically load, use the Miui Backup app to backup /restore apps
- If you have having launcher force closes, switch back to the stock theme to verify the theme is not causing the issue.
- MMS Videos playback as slide show,. (Chinese devs know about this!! There is a problem across all builds with attaching vids to mms) If you NEED video mms, DON'T USE THIS ROM. If you don't NEED video mms than DON'T COMPLAIN
- Facebook will sync ALL contacts
- Instead of *228 call *228+ (hold 0 for + sign)
- Hear camera initialize once after every full boot
- Autobrightness is slow to change (see fix below)
- Miui Camera still buggy, replaced with the CyanogenMod Camera until fixed
- Phone may become laggy after a few days w/o restarting due to compcache. (see fix below)
POST BUGS HERE IN THIS THREAD.
MIUI CHANGELOG: MIUI.us
Local changes by US:
- Completely new porting procedure, removed a TON (over 50) of unneeded Milestone files
- Upgraded Motorola Proprietary files to FRG83G (Prevents VZW OTA update from downloading)
- Stock kernel set to ondemand governor with min/max frequencies of 125/800
- Changed the default VM Heap to 40mb
- Compcache working from install (40mb)
- Re-implimented compcache to be more compatible with other kernels
- Changed SD Card buffer to 2048 for speed boost (credit brainmaster)
- Adjusted multiple memomory configurations - Multitasking and Hard to Kill Launcher from V6 Supercharge script (credit zeppelinrox)
- Added 4-way Power mod (Miui.us)
- Added all ringetones from CM7
- Added vim, nano, bash, terminal mods, fix permissions script (CyanogenMod 7)
- Added Terminal Emulator from CyanogenMod 7
- Added sysrw and sysro scripts to remount system partition with write or read only access
- Added lockapp / unlockapp scripts to lock an app in memory (scripts by MagiMan7, idea from zeppelinrox)
- Old 3D Gallery was added
- Removed 3G Hotspot due to it not working
- Removed ProTips due to it being useless
- Added Rom Manager for future automatic updates (installed to /data for easier upgrades)
- Added Google Apps: Car Home, GenieWidget to system apps (not available from the market)
- Added Google Apps: Mail, Maps, Voice, Google Search, Youtube to data apps (can be easily uninstalled or updated)
- Added Stock Motorola Droid QuickOffice in /data (can be easily uninstalled)
- Added some build.prop tweaks (credit metalspring for collection from varioius)
- Backup apps with MIUI backup if you are on a previous GB release (1.4.8 or later)
- NANDROID BACKUP!
- Wipe Data/factory reset
- Flash this rom
- If apps do not show up after initial flash, rebooting should make them reappear
- Restore apps/data with Miui backup
- If you use Google to back up your contacts, restoring contacts with Miui Backup could result in duplicate entries
- Using Titanium Backup to backup and restore apps/data has reportedly caused FCs with certain apps
- [DO NOT TRY TO RESTORE SYSTEM DATA FROM ANY ROM INCLUDING MIUI BELOW 1.4.8!!!!!!! or you will get force closes...] You have been warned.
Have Rom Manager automatically download zip on your phone (suggest downloading on wifi)
You must enable Web Connect in Rom Manager on your phone to enable this option
Check out the new lockscreen styles. You can find a guide to changing the lockscreen style along with link to download the available styles at MIUI.us
Themes available at MIUI.us
If you notice lag after installing a theme, reboot into recovery and wipe cache. It should reduce lag and may help with stability issues
Themers: Excellent guide on creating MIUI themes MIUI.us
ERI Mod - Removes all Verizon / Roaming / Network text in menu bar and pull down. (Flash on top of 184.108.40.206)
REFRESH COMPCACHE FIX
From terminal, su to gain root access and run 'compcache restart' That will refresh your compcache and should give fresh boot snappiness.
The screen may take 10-30 sec to change brightness level when moved from bright to dark environment. This can be sped up to around 5 sec by disabling the Light Sensor Filter. To do this go to Settings -> Display Settings -> Advanced Mode (Under Automatic brightness) -> Turn off Light Sensor Filter at the top.
LOCKAPP / UNLOCKAPP INFO
Run lockapp script in terminal or from gscript. Both scripts are located in /system/xbin. Both scripts take a single argument, the process name. For example the Miui Music player has the process name com.miui.player. You can find process names for most installed apps under /data/app (just drop the -1.apk from the name listing).
To lock an app in memory you run lockapp PROCESS. For example, to lock the Miui Music player into memory, run 'lockapp com.miui.player' As a warning, Do not lock more than 1 app in memory. To lock an app in memory, the app has to be running. If the process is not running, the script will inform you.
Once an app is locked into memory, the only way to remove it from memory is to kill the process. The unlockapp does extactly that. It is run with the same arguement, unlockapp PROCESS. If you wanted to unlock the Miui Music player from memory, run 'unlockapp com.miui.player' This will kill the app you are unlocking from memory. If you want it to run the background unlocked, you will have to re-run the app.