This build is MOSTLY STABLE BUT STILL BETA according to the miui.cn developers.(and concured upon by TP4Bama and MagiMan7) MIUI build based off of the 1.5.20 build from china(MIUI.CN)
This build was ported to the droid by TP4BAMA and MagiMan7, translations to english were done by MIUI.US
Follow us on twitter for real time updates!
If this is your first time trying Miui, read the Miui Manual
(credit The Batman) to become familiar with the interface and many of the hidden options.
/*Anything you do to your phone is solely your responsibilty, you choose
to modify your phone. This rom has been marked BETA by the developer,
however should anything happen to your phone neither of the developers
"MagiMan7 and/or Tp4bama" nor miui.us nor miui.cn developers are liable
- Flashing zip files over the rom after flashing might cause reboots while downloading market apps, make a backup before flashing zips!
- Apps dont automatically load, use the Miui Backup app to backup /restore apps
- If you have having launcher force closes, switch back to the stock theme to verify the theme is not causing the issue.
- MMS Videos playback as slide show,. (Chinese devs know about this!! There is a problem across all builds with attaching vids to mms) If you NEED video mms, DON'T USE THIS ROM. If you don't NEED video mms than DON'T COMPLAIN
- Instead of *228 call *228+ (hold 0 for + sign)
- Facebook will sync ALL contacts
- Hear camera initialize once after every full boot
- Autobrightness is slow to change (see fix below)
- Camera crashes when zooming with autofocus enabled
POST BUGS HERE IN THIS THREAD.
CHANGELOG: STICKY THREAD IN THIS SECTION.
Local changes by US:
- Upgraded Motorola Proprietary files to FRG83G (Prevents OTA update from downloading)
- Stock kernel set to ondemand governor with min/max frequencies of 125/800
- Changed the default VM Heap to 40mb
- Compcache working from install (40mb)
- Changed SD Card buffer to 2048 for speed boost (credit brainmaster)
- Car Home was added because it cannot be found on the market
- Old 3D Gallery was added.
- Removed 3G Hotspot due to it not working
- Removed ProTips due to it being useless
- Added all ringetones from CM7
- Added sysrw and sysro scripts to remount system partition with write or read only access
- Added vim, nano, bash, autocomplete / memory for terminal, fix permissions script (CyanogenMod 7)
- Added Terminal app from CyanogenMod 7
- Added 4-way Power mod (Miui.us)
- Adjusted multiple memomory configurations (credit zeppelinrox)
- Added lockapp / unlockapp scripts to lock an app in memory (scripts by MagiMan7, idea from zeppelinrox)
- Backup apps with MIUI backup if you are on a previous GB release (1.4.8 or later)
- NANDROID BACKUP!
- Wipe Data/factory reset
- Flash this rom
- Restore apps/data with Miui backup
- If you use Google to back up your contacts, restoring contacts with Miui Backup could result in duplicate entries
- Using Titanium Backup to backup and restore apps/data has reportedly caused FCs
- [DO NOT TRY TO RESTORE SYSTEM DATA FROM ANY ROM INCLUDING MIUI BELOW 1.4.8!!!!!!! or you will get force closes...] You have been warned.
Be sure to NANDROID backup!
Stock 1.5.20: D1-Miui.us-1.5.20
Miui.us Dark Blue theme 0.10 (Dark Theme Remix, credit Джаггернаут) with new Miui.us bootanimation (credit Aperture)
This was removed from the build due to size restrictions.
Miui.us Dark Blue Remix
Check out other themes at our THEME THREAD HERE. Big thanks to whiskeycoke for managing it.
Themers: Excellent guide on creating Miui themes at Miui.us
ERI Mod - Removes all Verizon / Roaming / Network text in menu bar and pull down. (Flash on top of 1.5.20)
ERI-Mod 1.5.20: D1-Miui.us-1.5.20-eri-mod.zip
The screen may take 10-30 sec to change brightness level when moved from bright to dark environment. This can be sped up to around 5 sec by disabling the Light Sensor Filter. To do this go to Settings -> Display Settings -> Advanced Mode (Under Automatic brightness) -> Turn off Light Sensor Filter at the top.
Turn autofocus off on the menu and on the main screen. Both have to be turned off or the camera can be glitchy. Autoflash may be re-enabled without causing issues after autofocus has been disabled.
LOCKAPP / UNLOCKAPP INFO
Run lockapp script in terminal or from gscript. Both scripts are located in /system/xbin. Both scripts take a single argument, the process name. For example the Miui Music player has the process name com.miui.player. You can find process names for most installed apps under /data/app (just drop the -1.apk from the name listing).
To lock an app in memory you run lockapp PROCESS. For example, to lock the Miui Music player into memory, run 'lockapp com.miui.player' As a warning, Do not lock more than 1 app in memory. To lock an app in memory, the app has to be running. If the process is not running, the script will inform you.
Once an app is locked into memory, the only way to remove it from memory is to kill the process. The unlockapp does extactly that. It is run with the same arguement, unlockapp PROCESS. If you wanted to unlock the Miui Music player from memory, run 'unlockapp com.miui.player' This will kill the app you are unlocking from memory. If you want it to run the background unlocked, you will have to re-run the app.
Please test these scripts I have not done extensive testing on these, so please test and report back your results. I hope this will alleviate all of the issues with killing music and exchange email apps running in the background.