DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missed Texts/Calls with MIUI 1.28

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Missed Texts/Calls with MIUI 1.28

I've read on the last two builds people have been experiencing issues with not receiving text/calls. I never had experienced the issues myself until this past weekend with build 1.28. A friend had sent three text to me Saturday and I didn't receive any of them. I then used my brothers phone to text my phone as a test and didn't receive the text. I also texted myself from my phone and didn't receive anything. Its strange because it seemed to be working fine the past few days and every build before that has seemed to work fine. Every time I update/install a rom I do a data/cache wipe, wipe dalvik cache, and format boot, system, data, and cache. I've also tried *228+ and it didn't seem to help. I am using the stock Miui MMS app.

It doesn't seem like everyone is experiencing this issue but I'm worried that I've been missing texts/calls. I've switched to Liquid Gingerbread for the time but I really like the feel, look, and performance of MIUI. Anyone have any insight to this? cause I would really like to come back to MIUI but its a peace of mind issue of receiving texts/calls right now
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I've been having those same issues. Apparently my droid goes through long periods of time without getting txts. But i still have service.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OG Droid

and now the Droid 3

"Between your pc, your xbox, your droid, and now your kinect...its like f@#$%& skynet in here"
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic (adios OGD)

it's not just you & it's not just MIUI

you're not alone, but I can tell ya from personal experience that it's not just a MIUI problem

Notification problems
    OG_Droid --> Bionic --> SGS4 (Verizon). Too lazy to update signature every time I flash something, so....

BIG THANKS to every developer and anyone who's answered my or others questions!!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    it happened to me too and I realized that it happened when I was doing 3g stuff like surfing the web or something. maybe its having trouble switching to 1x for texting - I dunno know. sad cuz I switch to bb. I miss my miui

5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I'm wondering if any of you folks with missing SMS/Calls are using a kernel other than the one that comes with MIUI. I just tried out a P3 kernel and during the boot processes I fired up `adb logcat` to watch what was going on. A few minutes after coming back up, and watching the logcat data stream by, something caught my eye:

D/MIUI_Mms( 1202): New SMS Message Received
    E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): Exception dispatching message
    E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): java.lang.NullPointerException
    E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at android.telephony.SmsMessage.getOriginatingAddress (SmsMessage.java:468)
    E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.telephony.SMSDispatcher.check Firewall(SMSDispatcher.java:694)
    E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.telephony.SMSDispatcher.dispa tchPortAddressedPdus(SMSDispatcher.jav
    a:675)
    E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.telephony.cdma.CdmaSMSDispatc her.processCdmaWapPdu(CdmaSMSDispatche
    r.java:336)
    E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.telephony.cdma.CdmaSMSDispatc her.dispatchMessage(CdmaSMSDispatcher.
    java:162)
    E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.telephony.SMSDispatcher.handl eMessage(SMSDispatcher.java:311)
    E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99 )
    E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
    E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.jav a:4627)
    E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
    E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCa ller.run(ZygoteInit.java:870)
    E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit .java:628)
    E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
    D/MIUI_Mms( 1432): [1] τƒΣ┐σΦτ╗, reason:2

It says that I received a new SMS, but nothing on the phone showed that I received a message. I don't know who it was that may have messaged me, but that is a bit unnerving.

I'm restoring my nandroid backup from just prior to applying the P3 kernel, and will be sending myself an sms shortly to see if I get the same logcat output.

EDIT-
    Back using the original MIUI kernel, and I receive SMS just fine - no Java exceptions or anything. Hmmmm...... Anyone else care to comment?

djssupp
    Last edited by djssupp; 02-08-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: more info
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    stock kernel. so it doesn't like my problem. I don't think my problem is the as the op, I say that cuz mine is intermittent.

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    It's not the kernel. I've had this with the stock kernel and with a Chevy.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Same here. Used both stock and a handful of other kernels and I had the problem on all of them.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Same issue for me. It sadly happened today on my birthday (womp womp). I got an email from my parents why I didn't respond to their text....then I realize I hadn't gotten any.

I was using the Slayher kernal, went back to the normal Miui kernal and I started receiving texts again. Kinda worried it's going to break again, but we'll see what happens.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have used the stock kernel, slayhers, p3, and Jam's kernel. When I noticed it wasn't working I was using a p3 kernel
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links