DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: New to MIUI need help!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

New to MIUI need help!

Just rooted my phone for the first time yesterday and downloaded the MIUI ROM to my droid. But I dont think i have the latest version, can someone show me what the latest build is?

Phone: OG Droid 1

also sometimes my friends send me voice messages through texting, i could get them and hear them on the Stock rom.. but I cant get them on MIUI.. if anyone knows if this is fixed in later versions that would be awesome!

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Welcome to the forum.

As far as help goes, the latest MIUI rom for D1 is 1.1.22.1

Always read the posts before you flash a new ROM. Also, in regards to other help, please perform a SEARCH first either via goggle or within the droidforums.net boards before you start a new thread. Chances are that someone else has the same issue that has been answered and we do not wish to clog the boards with unnecessary threads.

There are some great sources of information on these boards. I have been rooting my D1 since January 2010 and I have always found help within these threads.

Good Luck.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus CDMA
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by Jswerv3 View Post

also sometimes my friends send me voice messages through texting, i could get them and hear them on the Stock rom.. but I cant get them on MIUI.. if anyone knows if this is fixed in later versions that would be awesome!
    The MIUI MMS app is still in development. They are fixing and adding features all of the time. If it doesn't work now, just use Handcent or Go SMS till the MIUI MMS gets fully functional.

Welcome to the Forums and D1-MIUI!
    Super AMOLED+.....FTW!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    On a similar note to the MMS question, I'm using Handscent but can't seem to turn off the default Messaging app. Ive deactivated all the notifications but it still wants to be the default text app. Any ideas?
    All that and it's a phone too!!!!
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    i find the sms for miui great. i love the "scribble" theme or somethign like that with the ink things. their are 2 problems. 1 with the app and one not having to do with it. the first is that i cant click enter and it will send, i actually have to click send. the second is pix messages dont send!

edit: i found another problem.. when someone sendds you a message and its a media one and theres a download button, my droid can not download it for some reason
    Droid 1

Roms I have used: Ultimate Droid, BB and petes gpa's, pe, cyan, ss,miui, liquid, and chevy.

Now-[U]GPA19

Galaxy Nexus!

Roms i have used:Revolution, romans, zygot, codenamedroid, Gummynex

Now-romans with Lean Kernel.

Android Rule
    1. When saying what phone or rom you have, make sure to include the word rocking or rockin as a verb in the sentence.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Razor Maxx
    [QUOTE=synctek;1234688]On a similar note to the MMS question, I'm using Handscent but can't seem to turn off the default Messaging app. Ive deactivated all the notifications but it still wants to be the default text app. Any ideas?[/QUOTE

get in manage applications and when u get to default mms clear the default option and see if that works. when u slide up the lockscreen by holdng the mms notification, it'll ask you which mms app to use as a default. i hope i didnt confuse you
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Razor Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Jswerv3 View Post
    Just rooted my phone for the first time yesterday and downloaded the MIUI ROM to my droid. But I dont think i have the latest version, can someone show me what the latest build is?

Phone: OG Droid 1

dude what took you so long to root your phone? just yesterday? You missed out on the flashing addiction
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    [quote=TRIKOTRET;1234836]
    Quote Originally Posted by synctek View Post
    On a similar note to the MMS question, I'm using Handscent but can't seem to turn off the default Messaging app. Ive deactivated all the notifications but it still wants to be the default text app. Any ideas?[/QUOTE

get in manage applications and when u get to default mms clear the default option and see if that works. when u slide up the lockscreen by holdng the mms notification, it'll ask you which mms app to use as a default. i hope i didnt confuse you
    That did the trick - bouncing back and forth between roms, should have it commited to memory by now
    All that and it's a phone too!!!!

Links