So here's the situation.
I've been a long time CM user, but 6.1 and my Droid did not get along very well, and I heard of this mystical "MIUI" thing that I wanted to try. And thus far, I really like it! The unified UI elements are great, and I like the features a lot. I just have a few burning questions, and a few not-so-burning that I kind of need resolved.
The big one, the thread topic: What kernel / RAM management should I use? I know every Droid has its own personality (things that worked flawlessly on my original won't boot at all on my replacement I have now, and vice versa) so just throw some scenarios at me. I think the thing that's most important to me is smoothness and responsiveness of UI. Right now I'm using Jamezelle's 250-1100-compcache with a 64MB Swap partition, and it's doing alright, however kernels based on P3Droid's make my Droid angry. I'm using SetCPU set to 250-1100 interactive, and MinFreeManager set to 'mild'. I have the Seidio 2800MAh extended battery, so battery life is NOT a concern.
Tell me friends, what can I do to make my Droid a BEAST?
Things at my disposal: SetCPU, MinFreeManager, AutoStarts, GScript, ROM Manager Premium.
Side questions about MIUI I just don't understand and can't find answers to:
- Is there a way to bring back the normal task switcher?
- I have 3 keyboards installed, the default, WiiMoteIME, and a Japanese IME; it always defaults to the WiiMoteIME on reboots. How can I stop that? Or turn them off like in Stock? It's annoying as balls.
- Why doesn't formatting work at all in the SMS pop-ups...?
- In your opinion, is the MIUI launcher worth it? I have a license to LauncherPro, and I always toy with going back to it.
- Since 22.214.171.124, anytime I try to update an app I get an "Unknown Error (-18)". ...wut? Why? Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it because some Apps are on the SD? It ain't no thang, because all my apps are at stable versions, but... it would be nice to fix.
- What does MIUI mean/stand for?!
- The global search confuses me... is there no way to search the web unless you wait for the option to pop up?
Thank you all, have a wonderful morning/day/evening/night.