DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Would yall use it?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 92.31%
  • No

3 7.69%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Market Poll

1. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member

Black Market Poll

Ive been working on blacking out the market and need your thoughts. If I released the market like the pics below show, would yall use it? It would be apart of a theme and not a stand alone apk

The Good

The one thing I can't get to change
    Last edited by tp4bama; 12-10-2010 at 04:42 PM.
    Like what I do? Feel free to donate Link

Follow me on twitter for updates TP4BAMA

3. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    Premium Member
    I would if it was stand alone

DroidForums junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post

DroidForums junkie!!
    I would make this stand alone but I don't know how to properly rezip framework and apk files. If you wanted this in a particular miui theme, all you would have to do is throw my modded folder in the theme and rezip.

5. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    Premium Member
    Hmmm...would zipsigner work (shot in the dark because I know NOTHING about themes or inverting)?

DroidForums junkie!!

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
  6. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Ill try and see if I can get it resigned and everything.

7. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tp4bama View Post

DroidForums junkie!!
    I would make this stand alone but I don't know how to properly rezip framework and apk files. If you wanted this in a particular miui theme, all you would have to do is throw my modded folder in the theme and rezip.
    vending.apk (the google market apk) is a system app so you dont need to resign it. and it doesnt look like you edited any xml files so all you need to do is put the edited images back in the apk file in their proper location with their proper name (which i assume you already have done since you have screenshots). then the easiest thing to do is throw it in an update.zip file so you can install it via a recovery like CW.

IF you did edit xml files you can recompile the apk using a tool like apkmanager.

btw, I think it looks great. you did a good job. Personally I use the black market made by thebowers though
  8. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    Premium Member
    Ahhh...that makes sense! +1 for thebowers!! ::

Quote Originally Posted by mojo_droid View Post

DroidForums junkie!!
    vending.apk (the google market apk) is a system app so you dont need to resign it. and it doesnt look like you edited any xml files so all you need to do is put the edited images back in the apk file in their proper location with their proper name (which i assume you already have done since you have screenshots). then the easiest thing to do is throw it in an update.zip file so you can install it via a recovery like CW.

IF you did edit xml files you can recompile the apk using a tool like apkmanager.

btw, I think it looks great. you did a good job. Personally I use the black market made by thebowers though

DroidForums junkie!!

9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Premium Member

DroidForums junkie!!

Thanks for the info mojo droid. Ill have to try that. I normally use thebowers black market too but the latest ones force close on me every 3 sec lol. Im hoping by not changing any xmls that it wont forceclose.

10. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    Premium Member
    I had the same issue....SUCKS!!!

Thanks for the info mojo droid. Ill have to try that. I normally use thebowers black market too but the latest ones force close on me every 3 sec lol. Im hoping by not changing any xmls that it wont forceclose.

DroidForums junkie!!

11. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

yea, its pretty picky on the way you have to install it so you wont get any force closes.

here is how I have to install it to get it to work good on my phone, incase you have the same issue with your themed version.

1.make sure you have a version of the market that works perfectly on your phone. if you do not, restore to a backup that has a version that works good (no force closures, etc.)

2. install the update.zip with the market in it via recovery. DO NOT install anything else, just the update.zip then reboot your phone.

that works for me. even when i flash a new rom i flash the rom with the existed market in it and then after that is set up i will install the black market. if i try to replace the vending.apk with the black market in the roms zip file, i will get force closures. i have no idea why the apk is so picky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links