DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Team Chaos Froyo Rom

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by masterxchief View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyC1990 View Post

Soo... are you saying those of us having problems should try it? If it does update re-flashing Chaos should still keep Maps updated right?
    I'm not an expert with all this stuff but if you want to try and let us know if it works then go ahead. Just make sure to make a backup.
    when i install this rom (and any froyo rom) I can even download any app.

I did fine the firs time I install this rom but I went back to 2.1 cuss there is no app2sd but looks like there is a way now to do that. So I decided to try again this rom sinse this one was the only one that let me download all the apps
    Now that try again it wont let me download any app not even with the market fix.
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    really!!!! ok thats not good. can you tell me the process you used to install and download and do apps just get stuck installing or does market not even load. also make sure you wiped data and cache before coming back to froyo
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hedney3 View Post
    really!!!! ok thats not good. can you tell me the process you used to install and download and do apps just get stuck installing or does market not even load. also make sure you wiped data and cache before coming back to froyo
    Ok here is what I do:

I download the rom from rom manager and I choose the option to wipe data everything goes ok.

Then I open market and all my apps are downloading and looks like they do download fine but then gets stuck on install each one say installing and stay there nothing happen.

Then I try to apply the market fix and still the same.

Now I try to download the rom from here (droidforums) And the first thing I try was flashing to SPrecovery, put the file in sd card main SD, rename the file to update.zip and give me some type of error then I try flash back to CW and I put the file in clockworkmod/backup folder then I chose from rom manager MANAGE AND RESTORE BACKUPS and chose the rom and I did get the same error.

Am i doing something wrong here?
    Last edited by motodroid34; 06-22-2010 at 02:01 PM.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @jaywallace
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Quote Originally Posted by motodroid34 View Post
    Ok here is what I do:

I download the rom from rom manager and I choose the option to wipe data everything goes ok.

Then I open market and all my apps are downloading and looks like they do download fine but then gets stuck on install each one say installing and stay there nothing happen.

Now I try to download the rom from here (droidforums) And the first thing I try was flashing to SPrecovery, put the file in sd card main SD, rename the file to update.zip and give me some type of error then I try flash back to CW and I put the file in clockworkmod/backup folder then I chose from rom manager MANAGE AND RESTORE BACKUPS and chose the rom and I did get the same error.

I have found something that works around this issue with FroYo ROMS for me anyway. Cancel one of your downloads and then reinstall that same one and it seems to knock the rest out of that endless Downloading status.

--Edit for bad english lol
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBawse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by motodroid34 View Post
    Ok here is what I do:

I have found something that works around this issue with FroYo ROMS for me anyway. Cancel one of your downloads and then reinstall that same one and it seems to knock the rest out of that endless Downloading status.

--Edit for bad english lol
    Are you trying to tell me something????????

Thanks
    I will try that.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Visual Voicemail

I may be the only one but I couldn't find visual voice mail anywhere on the market. I had to download the ATK file and load it manually.

Just an FYI
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by hyrific View Post
    I may be the only one but I couldn't find visual voice mail anywhere on the market. I had to download the ATK file and load it manually.

Just an FYI
    why would you pay a monthly charge for this when you can have google voice???????
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    I was first using a stock voles Froyo ROM. Some of my standard apps weren't available on the market. I thought this was probably because there weren't Froyo versions available. Today, I got the Chaos ROM up and running and some of those apps WERE available (mainly Redboxer, Mobile Defense, and WeatherBug Elite). I thought that was weird so I switched back to the voles ROM and the apps once again didn't appear on the Market.

Anyone know why this might be or what I can do about it?
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    different every week, you would have to ask
    Phone
    Droid by motorola, deff moded
    Quote Originally Posted by JMTownsend83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanoverfiste View Post
    Attempted ROM Manager this morning, chose clear cache and back up options. Phone went into boot to MMMMMMMMMMMMMM phone rebooted.
    You know what...everything I've downloaded from ROM manager has had issues...I tried BBV1.1 and it had issues...but when I downloaded it directly from the web and installed through SPrecovery...no problems at all...

so...personally I use Rom manager to reboot into recovery, but that's all...

as for this ROM....finally I have a FROYO that works!! Thankyou very much!! and not only does it work, but it's as fast as everyone claims! woohoo!!
    i have been using it for the same thing for a while now, i just download direct to my phone and use the clockwork to install, rom manager always seems to glitch up for some reason
    Ignorance is humorous, relatable, and fixable... Stupid is not.
  10. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID X
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lilhill View Post
    I was first using a stock voles Froyo ROM. Some of my standard apps weren't available on the market. I thought this was probably because there weren't Froyo versions available. Today, I got the Chaos ROM up and running and some of those apps WERE available (mainly Redboxer, Mobile Defense, and WeatherBug Elite). I thought that was weird so I switched back to the voles ROM and the apps once again didn't appear on the Market.

Anyone know why this might be or what I can do about it?
    Bgill posted a market fix in the forums. Try that.
    Unfortunately, the market isn't detecting that our Droids are on 2.2 and other issues with the market itself. Hence the market "fix". But it's certainly not guaranteed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by idulfingz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JMTownsend83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanoverfiste View Post
    Attempted ROM Manager this morning, chose clear cache and back up options. Phone went into boot to MMMMMMMMMMMMMM phone rebooted.
    You know what...everything I've downloaded from ROM manager has had issues...I tried BBV1.1 and it had issues...but when I downloaded it directly from the web and installed through SPrecovery...no problems at all...

so...personally I use Rom manager to reboot into recovery, but that's all...

as for this ROM....finally I have a FROYO that works!! Thankyou very much!! and not only does it work, but it's as fast as everyone claims! woohoo!!
    i have been using it for the same thing for a while now, i just download direct to my phone and use the clockwork to install, rom manager always seems to glitch up for some reason
    ROM Manager seems to be having issues with all downloads. I used to never have any problems. Always downloaded over wifi and all went well.
    But in the past 2-3 weeks, somethings wrong. I get the 'installation aborted' error. Sometimes I boot into recovery from RM and it just reboots the phone or sends me into a M bootloop. I tried flashing alternate recoveries, uninstall RM, reinstall updated RM...but still have issues.

Downloading from the site then transferring to your sd card is always the safest/most reliable method, hands down, IMO.
    My name "IS" carl-- z28 is just what I drive.
    But I respond to anything....call me Tom, Richard or Harry.
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Links