DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Un-partition my SD card?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2

Un-partition my SD card?

since i only have a class 2 sd card, like most, and after reading partitioning the card wasnt really beneficial....i want to un-partition my SD card.....

1.) Am i correct
    2.) Is it possible
    3.) how do i do it if possible

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by v2.2v View Post
    since i only have a class 2 sd card, like most, and after reading partitioning the card wasnt really beneficial....i want to un-partition my SD card.....

1.) Am i correct
    2.) Is it possible
    3.) how do i do it if possible

not to mention "diskcacheindex#####" has flooded my SD card and im not sure what these are or do...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Un-partition my SD card?-snap20100504_234841.png  
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound

Re: Un-partition my SD card?

Benefit is something you'll need to determine on your own.

If you can un partition, your best bet is with a partition manager EASEUS or Gparted. You could also copy all your important data to a PC and reformat it and restore your data....
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    not to mention "diskcacheindex#####" has flooded my SD card and im not sure what these are or do...

yeah i've noticed that i have at least 10 of those on my sdcard as well. i haven't done anything as far as partitioning or any of that...... what are the risks with deleting these files? what are they used for?

thanks

Jay
  6. Android Addict
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Dröid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jayman350 View Post

yeah i've noticed that i have at least 10 of those on my sdcard as well. i haven't done anything as far as partitioning or any of that...... what are the risks with deleting these files? what are they used for?

thanks

Jay
    I've deleted these files a few times with no issues cropping up afterwards. I'd be surprised if the system would have problems with those files disappearing. After all, they are on the SD card, so there's always a chance that it could be switched or formatted or something, so the OS would have to have a way to re-create them or gracefully deal with it in some way.
    Follow me @ViciousCircle

If you like what I do, feel free to buy me a beer
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    "diskcacheindex#####" occur when you unplug your droid from your computer without properly umounting it properly. All you need to do is use the Unmount feature in your dropdown screen before you unplug your USB.

Also it is safe to delete these files from your SDCARD.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mzimand View Post
    "diskcacheindex#####" occur when you unplug your droid from your computer without properly umounting it properly. All you need to do is use the Unmount feature in your dropdown screen before you unplug your USB.

Also it is safe to delete these files from your SDCARD.

100% truth right here.....i ALWAYS unmount properly. is there maybe a different cause? Vicious says i could just delete them which i after thinking about it i agree with cause they are only on my SD card...i have apps2card off so nothings really being pulled
  9. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1555 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    I do know when you download things from the market they will sometimes leave a file on your sd card.

You know when you see download paused? I believe it places one there then when it resumes it picks right up.

I run cachemate so it cleans all that off my sd card and I don't have any issues.

Besides I'm sure if they were important files they would not have them stored on the sd card.

Imagine the tech support nightmare that would cause because people deleting them : )

I'm not 100% certain these are from downloads but I'm going to say it is probably very likely.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    I do know when you download things from the market they will sometimes leave a file on your sd card.

You know when you see download paused? I believe it places one there then when it resumes it picks right up.

I run cachemate so it cleans all that off my sd card and I don't have any issues.

Besides I'm sure if they were important files they would not have them stored on the sd card.

Imagine the tech support nightmare that would cause because people deleting them : )

I'm not 100% certain these are from downloads but I'm going to say it is probably very likely.

i use cachemate too!!!! lol im just going to delete them. if things go wrong ill try to hustle up a new droid....btw everyone my boss just got the incredible...my overclocked droid is the same if not faster than the incredible. just wanted to throw that out there incase someone was thinking about the incredible...the camera and sense (which im not a fan of) are the only real differences.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Storm1+2,D1,DX,D2
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post

What did you set in cachemate to delete them automatically?
    I have cachemate and checked clean SDCard but they are still there.
    Thanks
    JW

Links