DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 76 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by drewrivera View Post
    Great ROM but games do not seem to be working my phone with sd 10 rc 3. I've tried angry birds, temple run, baseball and now I'm about to try a Frisbee game for giggles. Anyway on fixing this issue?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    I've read somewhere that as these resource heavy games get updated they are becoming more and more geared towards newer devices making ours no longer compatible. Wish when this happened that the Play Store would just stop showing them so that we wouldn't waste our time with them. It is supposed to only be showing apps that are compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by bkcdroid View Post
    I have been using sd10 roms since chevy put it out. Good work! I mistook this post to mean you uploaded a new version until I saw it in my downloads file as a duplicate, lol. Thank you so much for keeping my D1 experience going strong! Only real problem has been the phone answering bug. That one is a frustration! I do strip out a few system apps/wallpaper apks and virtually all ring and notification tones to keep it lean... I assume it helps ... Anyway, looking forward to seeing what else you have in store for us!

I've had the phone answer bug no matter which ROM I use at least GB. I've heard turn that turning vibrate off and bumping your kernel's min frequency up from 250 (mine's at 550) helps but it still happens once every in a while sometimes to the point that I have to pull the battery. To some it may not be a big deal but to me if you can't depend on you phone to accept/make calls then that is a big deal. I've thought about going back to FROYO but can't remember if this was a problem with FROYO ROMs or not??
    Last edited by jdawg334; 04-10-2012 at 05:14 PM.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D1
    Well enjoy your sister's visit! This ROM is clearly a labor of love and we will all muddle through somehow whether you get it done before she arrives or after she leaves :-)
    As to your request, the phone answering is my main one... I do have the music app stop most but not all of the time after a phone call if I'm listening during a bike ride and don't answer. Some GB roms had a function to keep other apps besides home and messages in memory... sometimes my D1 runs a bit hotter than other times and sometimes has better and worse battery life. Not sure what would make it inconsistent like that... I restart every morning to clear caches... I don't fiddle daily with settings or kernel ... I'll try to capture some more solid data for you to work with...
    Also, I'll try the longer delay on the ring on answer. I have not read about that tweak, so I'll take Rylvirs advice about 2000 and report back.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jdawg334 View Post
    I've read somewhere that as these resource heavy games get updated they are becoming more and more geared towards newer devices making ours no longer compatible. Wish when this happened that the Play Store would just stop showing them so that we wouldn't waste our time with them. It is supposed to only be showing apps that are compatible.

I've had the phone answer bug no matter which ROM I use at least GB. I've heard turn that turning vibrate off and bumping your kernel's min frequency up from 250 (mine's at 550) helps but it still happens once every in a while sometimes to the point that I have to pull the battery. To some it may not be a big deal but to me if you can't depend on you phone to accept/make calls then that is a big deal. I've thought about going back to FROYO but can't remember if this was a problem with FROYO ROMs or not??
    It's not. The phone bug is thought to be caused by the fact that CVPCS had to basically rewrite the whole phone libraries and duct tape them together just to get them to work, bundle that with the 256mb of ram on our old D1's and you can kind of see where this is going lol
    Current Phone: Galaxy Nexus
    Rom:Steel Droid v3.52
    Recovery:Clockworkmod Touch
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandgir View Post
    It's not. The phone bug is thought to be caused by the fact that CVPCS had to basically rewrite the whole phone libraries and duct tape them together just to get them to work, bundle that with the 256mb of ram on our old D1's and you can kind of see where this is going lol
    Now that you mention it, I first only noticed the bug when I switched from CM7 to SD 9. Still happened on the original SD10 until I wiped 2x and reinstalled. I backed up my pics and important stuff via USB before I did though

No phone answer bugs since doing that. Still get the occasional hang going to home screen, but pretty rarely. I just shove it in my pocket and check it again in a few minutes, or if I'm in a rush or impatient, pull the battery and reboot. I get it maybe a few times a week at most. Far better than CM7 performance all around though... glad I found SD! I hope Chevy has time to do a Rezound one some day, as that will be my new daily driver hopefully tomorrow!

Thanks for all your hard work Chevy!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    When I first flashed SD 10 on my Droid 1, I had a few problems. I flashed the exact same ROM right over it (without wiping data, just cache), and those problems disappeared.

Now that I've flashed 10.1 RC3 over top of that, I have encountered zero problems on my droid 1. No answer bug (only encountered it once - before the second flash of 10.0), the camera works every time and I'm still getting great battery life. Google maps really gives it a workout, but it works much better than it did on bugless beast GPA19.

3 days, 0 issues
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    and that's what I get for bragging... The camera is still intermittently just giving a full black screen when you launch it via the side button. Though after clearing it, it fired up just fine 20 times in a row. It may be zeam to blame as I get the option to FC or Wait on that... I didn't care for nemus first time around, but maybe I'll give it another try
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    Not just you, sir, but to everyone who has donated, provided feedback, suggestions, tested, and helped with development, your help was HUGE. And to make things even BETTER, I have just completed the initial beta build of Steel Droid ICS for the Droid 3! Yes, its an ACTUAL ICS build, not GB with an ICS theme! I am going to try to get it up tonight to the public, and then after that, is going to be a Galaxy Nexus build of Steel Droid ICS! This is going to be AWESOME!
    Just saying, I can not wait for Steel Droid on the Gnex, just got mine today, SD is going to rock on this phone.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Just saying, I can not wait for Steel Droid on the Gnex, just got mine today, SD is going to rock on this phone.
    ahh, so how do you like the gnex? The poor d1 doesn't compare does it?
    Btw for roms right now I'd say aokp build 31 or black ice kangorade (aokp is stock themed and kangorade is a blacked out themed aokp) and for kernels I'd suggest the franko kernel (his app in the market really unlocks a lot of features to it)
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    ahh, so how do you like the gnex? The poor d1 doesn't compare does it?
    Btw for roms right now I'd say aokp build 31 or black ice kangorade (aokp is stock themed and kangorade is a blacked out themed aokp) and for kernels I'd suggest the franko kernel (his app in the market really unlocks a lot of features to it)
    It makes the D1 look like its more than two years old. Its incredible its so fast and smooth. Aokp is going to be my first rom to try out when I root it tomorrow. I'm going to try to stick to stock themed. Its much nicer looking. And thank you for suggestions on kernals I had no clue where to start honestly with those XD

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    It makes the D1 look like its more than two years old. Its incredible its so fast and smooth. Aokp is going to be my first rom to try out when I root it tomorrow. I'm going to try to stick to stock themed. Its much nicer looking. And thank you for suggestions on kernals I had no clue where to start honestly with those XD

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    i can pm you my voltages too, im pretty sure most kernels come stock voltage so you have to undervolt them (setcpu works fine or if you use franko kernel or leankerel you can do it with the franko kernel app and i think aokp has voltage in the settings too)
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1

Links