DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 65 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandgir View Post
    Having tried both, CWM isn't as feature packed. Rzr you can use well it's charging unlike CWM, you can name backups, You can do more of a clean wipe, and you can overclock it. oh and change the colors
    Cool! Thanks for the response. I'll have to check it out. another noob question (or 2) though, are there any pitfalls to watch for before switching recoveries or is it as simple as switching back and forth? Thanks
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Dassh View Post
    Cool! Thanks for the response. I'll have to check it out. another noob question (or 2) though, are there any pitfalls to watch for before switching recoveries or is it as simple as switching back and forth? Thanks
    nope, even easier than flashing a rom (as long as you dont have a corrupted file and its in the update.zip format)
    you'll have to find someone that has a link to rzrecovery though, the regular links are all dead...

edit- i uploaded it myself so here is the link, just flash it the same way you would for a rom but dont wipe anything
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/gxnMpfAa/...3-update.html?
    Last edited by metalspring; 03-31-2012 at 09:31 PM.
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    nope, even easier than flashing a rom (as long as you dont have a corrupted file and its in the update.zip format)
    you'll have to find someone that has a link to rzrecovery though, the regular links are all dead...

edit- i uploaded it myself so here is the link, just flash it the same way you would for a rom but dont wipe anything
    RZR-2.0.3-update.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    Thank you!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motoral Droid A855
    Well I think I finally have this ROM loaded to where I am not getting any real glitches. I wanted to try loading it thru ROM Manager just to see how it would go and everything seems to have worked great.

I had taken the Droid all the way back to latest stock and rooted a bit ago. So I guess we can say I started at a completely stock build. Did a full wipe, loaded SDXr1, and the last Deprimed Kernel off the link in his thread. ( its ashame he hasn't done any work on it in the last 4 months or so but still seems to run well) I have ChevyNo1 1.25K UL L and Med kernels on the SD just in case but this one has been running so well I am not sure I want to tempt fate by messing with it.

Ran it all thru the ROM Man. I had done a full TB backup as well but I decided to try and keep things as clean as possible and downloaded all the apk's etc from google for completely fresh installs.

The stock CM7 Kernel was faster than the stock D1 of course it was nothing even remotely close to what the Deprimed was even with it back at the same 1K mhz speed. Up at 1.2K just that much more. Have been working it fairly hard the last day and no FC, no reboots, no phone to speak etc issues. I have kept things somewhat lean and I think that makes a dif. I only loaded the google apps I actually use. That I think has a huge effect. If I do not use a app in months whats the point!?! What I decided is to just save the APK to the SD card and that way I can always load them in a flash regardless if I have net connection or not.

Battery life has been very good so far. Went to bed after 8 hours still had 90% battery life (this is my original batt)

Boot time from power off battery out to fully booted with SD card prepared etc 40 seconds. Maybe 5 secs faster without waiting on the SD card.

Not sure what if any of the things I did made any dif but I have had only very minor issues so far. The only one that I have really noticed is the first time I click to move a app to SD card it immediately fails. But upon a second click it works without a hitch. It does this consistently with every app I tried. IMO this is no big deal at all but still a glitch just the same. Not sure if its kernel or ROM related.

I love this ROM. It keeps things clean without a bunch of clutter. It runs very well for me. No troublesome glitches so far. Still have 63mb of ram free and 181mb of storage by keeping the big aps on the 32g SD card. Like I said I kept it light.

Great Job on this ROM!!!! I am happy to say this is my daily reg use ROM on my D1 which is my prime phone. Keep up the great work and support for the D1. I will still run this phone even after I upgrade this summer.
  5. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I will be reinstalling Windows and Linux on my laptop today, and should have a buildable system by the middle of the week. I will then make a new 10.1 RC for everyone.

Short list of changes:
    * Added ability to disable ICS rotation animation
    * New memory tweaks
    * Further system optimization
    * A few graphical glitch fixes
    * Took themed parts out of the unthemed version
    * A few others I don't remember off hand...
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Yea after 2 full days of testing this baby is purrring along exactly the same after loading everything I need backup. Could be the smoothest ROM I've used thus far, tho not moving anything to SD card could play a role in that as well. Battery life has taken a small hit for me, but that's about it. And I can deal with That. Love the ICS theme, its as if android version is reading 4.0.4
    One thing I've noticed tho is redraws using Go launcher. Think I'm gonna try adding that ro.home_adj line to /data/local.prop file n see if that fixes it. Not sure if that file exists but if not I'll just create it. Oh and on the battery the steel box tweaks added the pm sleepmode 1 line to build.prop also. I've only lost like 2-3 hours it seems of battery life but with this performance I'll take That everyday and twice on Sunday

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motoral Droid A855
    what kernel are you running? I found switching from the orig cm7 to either the chevyno1 or deprimed netted better life and much faster perf.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by bigeasy911 View Post
    what kernel are you running? I found switching from the orig cm7 to either the chevyno1 or deprimed netted better life and much faster perf.
    Deprimed is the fastest newest one (fastest based on other kernels at the same overclocking speed)
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by bigeasy911 View Post
    I'm running chevyno1 lv 1Ghz the one that comes with SD 10.1 I usually flash deprimed afterwards but I wanted to see if I could run the one included. Didn't know it was chevyno1 lv, my phone didn't used to run those real well, but I think that was on Froyo.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  10. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Well, I have my Windows 7 reinstalled from a factory image, and everything is back where its supposed to be there. Now, onto Linux Mint 12, and then re-download the source. Fresh source, all my edits, and a clean system, should make the next build(s) much better. :-D
    leftspin and Durandgir like this.
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!

Links