DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 51 of 189 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Do you think you could incorporate some other ics type things in sometime in there future? Just little things like a real ics lockscreen with customizable app shortcuts and instead of the clear button an X like real ics uses...
    I've seen tons of little zips (the one I tried didn't change anything for some reason even though its designed for any cm 7 rom but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for you to work in) and mods and themes with those in it... I almost want to use an ics theme in theme chooser but then I lose all the cool little extra themed parts you have (the on/off switches are cool)

I found another couple things that might possibly improve performance, one is supposed to be a way to make the browser accelerated like ics is (supposedly has some issues but I haven't had any yet) and another simple one I'm not sure of is changing
    ro.setupwizard.mode=
    to disabled in the build.prop... Seems to work?

Btw ill post links to some of those things later after I get off work so you can see
    hardware acceleration for browser? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1475249
    ICS themed statusbar- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1324924

Last edited by metalspring; 03-21-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I would gladly donate $20 if you found a permanent solution to the dialer answer issue.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardx View Post
    didn't work well for my OG droid 1. 10 hours on battery and at 30% (just bought a new battery from amazon recently). There was almost no screen on time, and according to the phone, most of the time was spent in android OS and NOT phone idle. something not right with this kernel on my phone. going back to chevyno1 LV 1GHz.
    And that's why there's different kernels, because nobody's usage is the same. Last night when I was at 10 hours off battery (my 2+ YO battery), I was at 60% with 31% being screen on time, plus used it for an hour of music listening, some calls, texts, email on two accounts and a little gaming.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx, Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    Do you think you could incorporate some other ics type things in sometime in there future? Just little things like a real ics lockscreen with customizable app shortcuts and instead of the clear button an X like real ics uses...
    I've seen tons of little zips (the one I tried didn't change anything for some reason even though its designed for any cm 7 rom but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for you to work in) and mods and themes with those in it... I almost want to use an ics theme in theme chooser but then I lose all the cool little extra themed parts you have (the on/off switches are cool)

I found another couple things that might possibly improve performance, one is supposed to be a way to make the browser accelerated like ics is (supposedly has some issues but I haven't had any yet) and another simple one I'm not sure of is changing
    ro.setupwizard.mode=
    to disabled in the build.prop... Seems to work?

Btw ill post links to some of those things later after I get off work so you can see
    hardware acceleration for browser? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1475249
    ICS themed statusbar- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1324924

Why is that ics status bar in such a ridiculous format and not just a flashable zip?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by leftspin View Post
    Why is that ics status bar in such a ridiculous format and not just a flashable zip?

Most flashable theme zips are either full themes with full custom themed apps or metamorphs which dont touch apps...in order to change an app (in this case framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk) the app needs to be decompiled, modified, recompiled and re-installed

6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx, Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    Most flashable theme zips are either full themes with full custom themed apps or metamorphs which dont touch apps...in order to change an app (in this case framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk) the app needs to be decompiled, modified, recompiled and re-installed
    Never seen a flashable theme like that, it seems like a really backwards way to do it rather than the dev just releasing the zip ready to be flashed. Either way thanks for the clarification

7. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I know I have been absent from the scene here for a couple weeks, but Ive been working on a custom dynamic theme from CFW PS3's, as well as getting the E3 Flasher downgrade thing down pat, and figuring out the file structure and settings to run games from internal/external. I have still been reading up on the stuff you guys post about improvements to Steel Droid, and I have NOT forgotten about you. I will try to make a new build, at least for sholes, and see how things work out for everybody. If they seem to really improve things, then I will udpate the other builds for other phones as well.
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nex΅s
    Hey Chevy, do you think you could upload the Gnex phase beam wallpaper that was in your themed SD10. It was a lot more HQ than mine since it doesnt fit my screen well. The one on SD10 was much better quality and fit the D1 screen perfect.

Not the livewallpaper though.
    Samsung Galaxy SIII - TW 4.1.2 VRBMF1
    Running JellyBeans Builds
    • Just Smooth...
    LeanKernel 3.0 EXP
    • Incredibly Awesome •
    ———————————Direct Injected——————————

9. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by BrUhNiGGs View Post
    Hey Chevy, do you think you could upload the Gnex phase beam wallpaper that was in your themed SD10. It was a lot more HQ than mine since it doesnt fit my screen well. The one on SD10 was much better quality and fit the D1 screen perfect.

Not the livewallpaper though.
    Blue background, purple dots?
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    Blue background, purple dots?
    I think he basically means the the phase beam wallpaper that is just the livewallpaper just frozen in place...
    Which reminds me, your roms are the only ones I can even think about using livewallpapers on without slowing everything down until its basically unusable, it slows everything down for sure but its not too bad so thanks Chevy

Links