DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 50 of 190 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    if all else fails cant you build cm 7.2 from source? thats what i ended up building first using your "build from source" guide
    Oh snap, u gettin into the custom ROM release game metalspring?? When can we expect your work?
    Intereting I read this right after reading some of cvpcs' stuff and he mentioned a kernel from smoked glass...and I thought to myself, Smoked Glass, from Adamz I believe his name was, that was the first ROM that got me started on everything. It was ahead of its time it seemed, atleast to me haha. Whatever happened to that guy?? Anybody know? His custom ROM stuff seemed in a class of itself and I had to read up on rooting and all that stuff that was non-existent to me, right after discovering his ROM thread. Thinking back on it now, not that it was THAT long ago, but he seemed extremely talented and knew how to customize Android even when it was in it's baby stages. I'm trying to imagine what that guy would be able to do nowadays with a much much more further developed development community, tools, and resources. Not saying current devs aren't as talented cuz I'm not so don't get this ish twisted, but like I said earlier his stuff seemed ahead of its time...that or maybe he had the only custom ROM out originally for the OG hahaha, not entirely sure.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    As soon as I can figure out how to automatically add in init.d tweaks and customize what apps get installed and add in the gapps automatically then I might post a tweaked cm 7.2 (kinda like Winner used to do)
    I really want to know how to make real custom roms like Chevy and the other developers do though
    And it'd be nice to know how to compile kernels too
    Last edited by metalspring; 03-19-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nex΅s
    Yes I totally remember smoked glass from AdamZ. That is what got me started on the rooting business and flashing roms about 2 years ago! I remember that little nexus one bootanimation he added in and I thought it was so cool. Lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Samsung Galaxy SIII - TW 4.1.2 VRBMF1
    Running JellyBeans Builds
    • Just Smooth...
    LeanKernel 3.0 EXP
    • Incredibly Awesome •
    ———————————Direct Injected——————————

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by BrUhNiGGs View Post
    Yes I totally remember smoked glass from AdamZ. That is what got me started on the rooting business and flashing roms about 2 years ago! I remember that little nexus one bootanimation he added in and I thought it was so cool. Lol.

I know right, and all this time I'd forgotten about him, anybody happen to ever hear anything? Dude seemed to really know what he was doing in. Would be a real shame if he just drooped out completely, which judging from no activity from him in like a year, I'm assuming is What happened.

Metalspring yea I can imagine its similar to like a full-time job trying to figure out how to compile n build a custom ROM and custom tweaks and What not. Would love to be able to wrap my cranium around it but I definitely don't have the necessary equipment, my 4 year old laptop overheard where it'll set your lap on fire and the screen twitches out.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    Did a patch drop? I don't see one in the first post but Chevy's sig. indicates patches and it doesn't seem to be a link...
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nex΅s
    Quote Originally Posted by meishkov View Post
    I know right, and all this time I'd forgotten about him, anybody happen to ever hear anything? Dude seemed to really know what he was doing in. Would be a real shame if he just drooped out completely, which judging from no activity from him in like a year, I'm assuming is What happened.

Metalspring yea I can imagine its similar to like a full-time job trying to figure out how to compile n build a custom ROM and custom tweaks and What not. Would love to be able to wrap my cranium around it but I definitely don't have the necessary equipment, my 4 year old laptop overheard where it'll set your lap on fire and the screen twitches out.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums
    Yeah, not sure where he went. I just remember flashing the last smoked glass rom he ever created which was like 6.0.1 eclair.

Samsung Galaxy SIII - TW 4.1.2 VRBMF1
    Running JellyBeans Builds
    • Just Smooth...
    LeanKernel 3.0 EXP
    • Incredibly Awesome •
    ———————————Direct Injected——————————

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtybird View Post
    It's in Prime's kernel - from his kernel info, it's a modified version of the smartass CPU governor by Erasmux

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/deprimed/127262-kernel-deprimed_test-break-if-you-can.html

didn't work well for my OG droid 1. 10 hours on battery and at 30% (just bought a new battery from amazon recently). There was almost no screen on time, and according to the phone, most of the time was spent in android OS and NOT phone idle. something not right with this kernel on my phone. going back to chevyno1 LV 1GHz.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid

Hellp!!!!! Boooottttloooooooopppp hhhheeellllllllll

So I flashed the themed version of SD 10. Love it. Get bored, try the unthemed. Love that too. Get bored.

Flash a deprimed kernel - bootanimation is now a feature length movie and, frankly, not a good one. I Flash the Prime Kernel. Boot animation still on an endless loop. There's some antidote posted for overclocking but that doesn't work.

I try a bunch of different kernels - no help.

I SBF my OG back to the Stone Age. Reroot. Install a clean Unthemed SD. Bootloop. Bootloop. Bootloop.

My Cush2Zero works okay, but I want my SD if just because I can't have it. I'm out of ideas.
  9. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    OK, I just had a chance to sync all my source to current. Will do a new build, and see how things go with it. Not as much testing now, so much as releasing it to the public when I make builds. I will also check links again tonight, to see that they are still up and functional.
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98024A KitKat (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  10. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    OK, checked, and "fixed" the links in the OP. I know what happened. Dev-Host.org went to a naming convention that shortened the links to the files. If you literally had a file link:

Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

then it became

Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

under the new naming convention, although the old link style SHOULD have still worked.
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98024A KitKat (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
Page 50 of 190 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast

Links