DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 46 of 190 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @primalgym
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    A quick post of my installation experience ( i learn each time a fool around with ROMs, which is the fun part, right?) On my D2G, I had MIUI 2.2.10. Rebooted into cwm and wiped everything. Then installed steel droid 10.0, and appeared to be ok. Rebooted and sadly MIUI boot screen showed up and looped.

Removed battery and replaced and then stuck on M. Have seen here and there that it's a good idea to SBF when coming from MIUI but too lazy to do so. Well, I had to this time, then re-rooted, then installed bootstrapper, then installed steel droid once again. It WORKED!! Battery shows ? but everything else seems to be working. Just goes to show ya how particular things can be. Anyways, thx a lot chevy. I am donating to your skills and development...
    Last edited by salasman; 03-13-2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: misspelling
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Still seem to be having notification issues...now when the phone is locked it just vibrates and when the screen is on it doesn't play the right one. Guess I'm just unlucky?
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    First off Chevy - After only a short period of time with this rom, (coming from Bugless Beast GPA19 or 20) your rom is running great!

I experienced the same random notification ringtone (it was a really long one too!) when I thought I had voila set. I actually just felt like a change and set a different one, and haven't noticed any further weirdness. I do have to spend some time fiddling with my notifications after first loading a ROM as I use Setting Profiles on my phone to change volume and other things between general use, home and work.

It's only been on for a couple hours now, but it's my daily driver, so I will be paying attention going forward.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I reset my profiles... I realized I had played around with them briefly... *crosses fingers*
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by flamewalker View Post
    Nah both the ringtone and notification tone are standard ones that come in the rom.

I will try a different one and see if it still does it... maybe the ringtone is corrupt? I was using Voila as the notification tone... will try the default droid tone and let you know.

Thanks!
    I'm experiencing the same issue.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by salasman View Post
    A quick post of my installation experience ( i learn each time a fool around with ROMs, which is the fun part, right?) On my D2G, I had MIUI 2.2.10. Rebooted into cwm and wiped everything. Then installed steel droid 10.0, and appeared to be ok. Rebooted and sadly MIUI boot screen showed up and looped.

Removed battery and replaced and then stuck on M. Have seen here and there that it's a good idea to SBF when coming from MIUI but too lazy to do so. Well, I had to this time, then re-rooted, then installed bootstrapper, then installed steel droid once again. It WORKED!! Battery shows ? but everything else seems to be working. Just goes to show ya how particular things can be. Anyways, thx a lot chevy. I am donating to your skills and development...
    I got the same results on my D2G with the ? on the battery. Also I couldn't get wifi to start working, it could be D2G specific issues....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @primalgym
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1

dg2 having wifi and battery symbol issues...

Yea, d2g seems to be tricky. My sister in law gave me the phone so can't complain too much. Still my d1 works flawlessly with roms. Oh well. Without wifi, I sadly have to head back to MIUI...unless someone has suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Golf4life1985 View Post
    I got the same results on my D2G with the ? on the battery. Also I couldn't get wifi to start working, it could be D2G specific issues....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Just wanted to post this here in case I'm not the only one experiencing it on D1. I flashed from BB and wiped cache and data and dalvik cache etc... After everything was set up and installed and I had the thing personalized, I got a random reboot, where the phone went into a boot loop before bringing up the Steel Droid animation - I did a battery pull and it did come up after that. I used the phone the rest of the day and when I could spend some time with it, I rebooted it cleanly and got the same boot loop. This time, a battery pull did not change anything. I wound up booting into recovery, and cleared the cache partition, and it then booted.
    This AM, I reapplied the rom, wiping dalvik cache again, and have rebooted a few times without re-experiencing the boot-loop. Hopefully just a fluke of cache...

24 hours in, and I'm happy I stuck with this phone instead of upgrading.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I have been experiencing a weird bug sometimes my phone will not rotate.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Current Phone: Galaxy Nexus
    Rom:Steel Droid v3.52
    Recovery:Clockworkmod Touch
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I think I finally figured out the ringtone issue on d1... if I leave the messaging app open when the screen is locked it gives the correct notification ringtone, but if I go to the homescreen then lock it, it rings a tone like a digital phone.

Does it both for text messages and facebook messenger.

Any ideas?
Page 46 of 190 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 ... LastLast

Links