DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 178 of 189 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 1888
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    Having some issues with D1 source right now, but yes, there will eventually be a new build for it. Cant really give you a good timeline though, sorry.
    Sweet, thanks!
  2. kan
    Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3 (XT862)
    Thanks for the ROM. But I can't make a call due to error "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped". Is there a way to fix the problem ? Thanks in advance. My device is Motorola Droid 3 XT862
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    wow, 11 days between posts... a sign of the times? time to get a newer phone? i will love you forever, d1!
  4. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Ive been SUPER busy with college, work, family, and a ton of other things. Im working at getting a current build up and going for the D1 again. I know its been a long time, and Im STILL supporting it (to some degree). Besides the changes that CM has put into their gingerbread branch, not much will have changed between the last build and this one. Unless, of course, I get around to adding in more before release time. I will just have to see what happens.
    wicked likes this.
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  5. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1000 times
    Twitter
    wicked_E46
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Ive been SUPER busy with college, work, family, and a ton of other things. Im working at getting a current build up and going for the D1 again. I know its been a long time, and Im STILL supporting it (to some degree). Besides the changes that CM has put into their gingerbread branch, not much will have changed between the last build and this one. Unless, of course, I get around to adding in more before release time. I will just have to see what happens.
    Good to see you!

6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Hey, Chevy. I just recently switched back to your ROM from Minimoto on the D3 and I was wondering if it would be possible to change the battery indicator to the 1% mod. I know it's in the framework.apk and I tried swapping that out before on a ROM and it didn't work out. Thanks in advance for your answer and help!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  7. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Honestly, I have almost completely stopped development for the D3. It has a number of bugs, and the source is sketchy at best. Ive tried for months to get a kexec build to just as much as BUILD, with zero success. Even if I did, Im not sure how much better its going to be. The D3 was a huge hit back in the day, but has since almost completely dissappeared. 16 downloads for my latest D3 ROM in the past 3 months. Thats basically the end as far as I can tell. If someone wants to get this up and going a bit more, be my guest.
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Honestly, I have almost completely stopped development for the D3. It has a number of bugs, and the source is sketchy at best. Ive tried for months to get a kexec build to just as much as BUILD, with zero success. Even if I did, Im not sure how much better its going to be. The D3 was a huge hit back in the day, but has since almost completely dissappeared. 16 downloads for my latest D3 ROM in the past 3 months. Thats basically the end as far as I can tell. If someone wants to get this up and going a bit more, be my guest.
    Yeah, I remember you posting about stopping D3 development. I'm staying with GB ROMs for the time being until I can get a new phone. It seems like the D3 has less and less devs as time goes on. Or everyone is going to KEXEC.

Just my opinion here, so please don't get mad: I don't understand why devs are concentrating on building KEXEC ROMs that are partly functional and some can be barely used as a DD when we really need more devs to help hammer out a good, clean, stable GB ROM. Your ROMs are great and I've used them since my D1 days. I would love it if someone could make a CM7 build for the D3. If I knew how to develop (even though I'm sure it's not that hard) I would definitely do it. I mean, literally, that's all I want. And I know if you were able to, even if it had to be from scratch, it would be great. I love your ROMs and you're a great developer so keep up what you're doing.

Sorry, I know you're busy with everything in your life (I know how it is, even though my time is taken up by being my father's caretaker). Like I said, I just don't understand the focus on KEXEC in the first place. Yes, it's a breakthrough, yes it's great and has potential, but at this point I don't think it's very usable atm. Especially with no camera functionality (that's almost a necessity for me).

Also, I guess I didn't mention that I flashed your 5.0 build. I'm sure that would have helped a little. Anyway, as I said before you do great work and I'm glad we have your ROMs. Please don't take my little rant as an attack toward you, because it's not. It's not an attack on anyone, just a question I had.

Edit: I forgot to say thank you (again) for your response. Soooo, thank you for your response.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    chevycam94 likes this.
    OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    Will developement of SD ROMs for the OG Droid continue? The latest version is from early 2012.
    OG Droid
    Steel Droid v11
    ChevyNo1 1.1Ghz Low V. Kernel
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global A956
    Awesome rom , is very fast in my Droid 2 Global, look great...but... in the icon battery appear this: ? ,i can't load contact sim and the most important, i can't save the apn for internet, i try the apk apn manager(work in Miui 2.2.10),but is the same, any idea?,please, i really like this rom. Thanks in advance for your answer and help.

Sorry for my English, i'm chilean, write & speak in spanish .

Links