DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 177 of 190 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1893
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola D2G
    Flashed the CM7 for Droid Global 2 and the ROM was beautiful but WiFi would not work at all. I flashed it 3 times and did full wipes before each flash? What might be going on? Forgive me for not reading 170something pages of replies
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    droid 4

thanks for all the awsome rom,s chevy

Hay chevy ,was just hoping you could make a" droid 4" rom since they are now ota set with jb 4.1.2 and just mimic the steel droid 4.8 you did on the droid that was your best work besides 5.6 which was awesome if it had Bluetooth I would be using it on my wifes d3 and mine , but I got a droid 4 new and before I go thru the trouble of activating/flashing it to pageplus I want to get rid of some wasted space and maybe throw in city id its free for life on page plus i was able to pin it to sd4800 but not 5600oc prob cause ics and jb don't use city id anymore but if you can find a way ill trow you a copy of city id if you don't have it .Really i just rooted which was a miracle cause razor_blade by itself did not work i had to run 3 consecutive batch zips to get it rooted but its done and with 3.11 safe strap which i think sucks cause the old way was worded much better yea its got a nice swipe feature but the old methos you can enable safe mode here on 3.11 you have to choose a size and a slot and hope you don't wipe the oem data i don't know iam trying to like it but it doesn't work lol
    So can you please CHEVY MAKE A DROID 4 ROM DEBLOATED/DETOXED THAT IS SIMILAR TO STEEL DROID 4.8 NO DISRESPECT BUT SD5.5 SUCKED THE LAME SMILEY PLAY STORE AND TACKY WALLPAPER THAT GOES AWAY AS SOON AS YOU CHANGE IT BOOO 4.8 IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST WORK ANYONE DID FOR GINGERBREAD AND I TRYED LIBERTY,ECLIPSE,WELL ALL OF THEM AND YOU WERE THE CHAMP SO NOW ITS TIME TO STEP OUT OF THE PAST AND HIT THE DROID 4 ITS THE SAME AS THE RAZOR MAXX AND HD NOW RUNNING JB4.1.2 SO HOOK IT UP ON A STEEL DROID 4800 SEQUIL TO THE DROID 3 BUT KEEP IT 4.1 JB AND WITH NOVA LAUNCHER LIKE 5600 WHICH ROCKED AND REMOVE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE WITH KEEPING SMART ACTIONS ,AND THE ESSENTIALS AND ADD CITY ID PLEASE IF YOU CAN I KNOW ITS A CHALLANGE . IAM A HARDWARE GUY I REPAIRED 4 IPHONE 5,S TODAT AND 3 SAMSUNG NOTES THEY ARE FRICKEN HUGE A TABLET NOT A PHONE OMG ,WLL THANKS IN ADVANCE AND FORGET THE NEXUS FOR NOW TILL THEY COME OUT WITH THEIR 2GIG 1080 MODEL IN 4 MONTHS THE SCREEN RES ON THE RAZORS AND DROID 4 ARE BETTER THAN THE NEXUS 7 I WAS GIVEN FEB 12TH NEW IN BOX RUNNING 4.2 JB IT LOOKED LIKE SH$T AND PERFORMED EVEN WORSE AND MY NET SPEED IS 25/15 WTH ? SO I THOUGHT IT WAS DEFECTIVE NOPE THATS Y I WROTE THEM AFTER TRYING ANOTHER NEW 1 AND SEEING THE SAME POOR RESOLUTION AND THEY SAID WAIT TILL AUG 15TH AND THERE WILL BE A 2GIG OF RAM 1080 32 GIG BECAUSE I SAID LIIK OUR PHONES MAKE BETTER TABLETS THE 1 FIT BETTER AS A CONTROLLER IN YOUR HAND
    2 THE SCREEN IS SMALLER SO 1200X800 ON A 4.3" IS ALOT MORE CLEAR THAN ON A 7 " TABLET THAT YOUR FINGERS CAN BARLY REACH ACROSS FOR GAMING AND YOUR BEING OUT PERFORMED BY APPLE WITH A DUAL CORE AND YOU HAVE A QUAD CORE AND A 12 CORE GRAFFIX CHIP AND IT STILL LOOKS HORRIBLE SO I RECIEVED A FREE 32GIG NEXUS 7 WHEN THEY COME OUT FOR IMPLEMENTING THE IDEA IN FEB. OF MAKING MORE RAM /THATS Y THEY PHASED OUT NOTEBOOKS WITH 1 GIG OR EVEN 2 GIGS OF RAM NOW THEY ARE JUST TABLETS WITH KEYBOARDS SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST TIMID I SUPOSE !!! SO IN CLOSING WHEN THEY MAKE A 6GIG OF RAM TABLET WITH 64 GIGS INTERNAL SINCE YOU CAN PUT ANY GAMES ON A SD CARD AND HAVE IT FUNCTION WITH OUT CHANGING THE SYSTEM ,WHICH IS WIERD BECAUSE THATS HOW THE OLD LG ALLY WORKED SLAP IN A CLASS 1 POS SD CARD AND INSTANTLY GAME AWAY NO INTERNAL STORAGE ONLY !! DESIGNERS SUCK THEY ARE JUST BLEEDIN PEOPLE DRY AND IF THEY WERE AWARE IN LESS THAT 1 YEAR THAT THEY COULD GET A NEXUS 7 WITH FULL 1080 RES SCREEN AND 2 GIGS OF RAM WITH 16 OR 32 GIGS FOR UNDER 300$ WELL ENOUGH RANTING YOU THINK THEY WOULD HAVE STILL SOLD OVER 1 MILLION UNITS .NO BUT PEOPLE ARE ADVERTISIG DRONES AND HAVE TO HAVE WHAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS ,TRENDY HUH WELL ENOUGH RANTING CHEV I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ALWAYS INCLUDING THE GAPPS /GOOGLE APPS IN ALL YOUR ROMS MAKING IT SUPER SIMPLE TO FLASH AND HAVING THE BEST LAYOUTS I MEAN YOU WERE AHEAD OF CM10 WITH 5.6 YEA U GOT HELP FROM THEM BUT THE CAMERA WORKED AND SO DID EVERYTHING ELSE EXCEPT VIDEO AND BLUETOOTH YOUR BY FAR THE BEST ROM,DEVELOPER IVE SEEN AND USED KEEP IT UP AND ILL HIGHLY DONATE TO A SD4800 DROID 4 EDITION ILL PUT IN THE FIRST HUNDRED WHEN IT IS STABLE AND OUT OF BATA ,DETOXED AND DEBLOTED ROCK ON CHEVYCAM1994 I WONT HAVE A ROM TILL YOU MAKE ONE
    gearhead54732 likes this.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    chevy

Thank you for the wonderful phone load. Much better than the stock Verizon load. I am new to the customization of phones when it comes to roms. I have been using your ICS load for the Droid 3 now for about a week and I am really liking the load.

[OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014   -   Resurrecting Gingerbread!-load.png

It operates much better. With that said, the bluetooth and teathering pieces seem to be broken with the load in the above graphic.

I can't find in the thread where those may have been addressed. Would you be able to help?
  4. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Well, my v7.0 for TORO just went LIVE! Have a looksee! Check the OP!
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98024A KitKat (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    v11 here, droid1. latest round of google updates updates google places to google hangouts, which requires an update to google play.. something like that. the final round of updates says it requires an updated version of the OS so i get never-ending update requirements that cannot be fulfilled with v11. any ideas on this? i can't wait til i get a new phone, but i will put up with the never-ending update requirement that cannot be installed if the OS is never updated.
    hope that makes sense lol. it is a bit circular in its logic but that's how it is.
  6. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by 0chilly View Post
    v11 here, droid1. latest round of google updates updates google places to google hangouts, which requires an update to google play.. something like that. the final round of updates says it requires an updated version of the OS so i get never-ending update requirements that cannot be fulfilled with v11. any ideas on this? i can't wait til i get a new phone, but i will put up with the never-ending update requirement that cannot be installed if the OS is never updated.
    hope that makes sense lol. it is a bit circular in its logic but that's how it is.
    Im aware of this. I know what the issue is, and I want to make another D1 release pretty soon. I will see what I can get done to start that rolling forward tonight.
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855

Cool

i know it's old but it's still a trooper! any word on an updated rom for the droid 1? original droid in the house!
  8. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by 0chilly View Post
    i know it's old but it's still a trooper! any word on an updated rom for the droid 1? original droid in the house!
    Having some issues with D1 source right now, but yes, there will eventually be a new build for it. Cant really give you a good timeline though, sorry.
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid 4
    I'm having a problem flashing either of the droid 2 images. It keeps giving me a "asset fail" status 7 message. There is also a reference to the a kernel check 2.3.7. I am running the 2.3.4.

Any help would be appreciated.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Droid X, 2, 2G, X2, D3, D4
    Quote Originally Posted by nattybumppo829 View Post
    I'm having a problem flashing either of the droid 2 images. It keeps giving me a "asset fail" status 7 message. There is also a reference to the a kernel check 2.3.7. I am running the 2.3.4.

Any help would be appreciated.
    rom has a kernel check, that needs to be removed
    i have instructions in my list
    sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links for:
    Droid 2 (a955)

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2
    chevycam94 and joeblow789 like this.
    [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .apk to root
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)

sd_shadow's (themib) [Collection] of Links: FAQs, Guides, Rooting, SBFs, ROMs... - sites.google.com

Always in motion is the future
Page 177 of 190 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 ... LastLast

Links