DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 173 of 189 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1888
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerz619 View Post
    I was asking for stability, but I see your point, and don't mind if you call yours the best. I installed it last night, and it is smooth and stable, and works just like what I need. I like the inclusion of the Nemus Launcher too; fast, stable, customizable, and light. The best of all worlds.
    Only thing I'm running into is when I try to go to "Advanced Settings" in the SteelBox. It asks for SuperUser permissions and I grant it, but it won't let me in there. It just keeps asking for permissions. It's a minor issue, but I would like to see what's in there and hopefully customize what's in the status bar at the top. Cheers!
    i've been exclusively on steeldroid for the past oh, i don't know how long, on my OG droid, and i have no complaints really. the steelbox permisisons is due to SuperUser app, which has been having weird problems lately from what i can tell. they release an update like every day or two, sometimes more often. i was initially having problems with v11 but of course it was not the fault of steeldroid - it was the fault of Superuser. to "fix" the problems, what i had to do was wipe/reinstall steeldroid v11, then during the initial setup, tell it to NOT restore any apps from google. then i went to the app store to update Superuser only, and reboot. after that, i was free to install all my apps and everything's run perfectly. it took me about 4-5 wipes/reinstalls to narrow it down to that, so i hope it helps!
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid3

Contacts

I just installed Steel Droid ICS 5.5 on my Droid3 a couple days ago so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's normal. I have 2 accounts linked to the phone, one is gmail and the other is facebook. I'm receiving my contacts from gmail but not the facebook that contains more detailed contact information. Both accounts are active to by synchronized but only the gmail is being listed. Is there something that needs to be done or is there a fix?

Thanks
  3. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    201 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by wai471 View Post
    hello.which. rom is for the charge.
    I dont make any for the Droid Charge.

Quote Originally Posted by 0chilly View Post
    I have a droid1 with v11 on it. From time to time the phone just reboots on its own. It will just be sitting there idle (screen off, haven't used it in hours, etc.) and i'll notice that the screen comes on and it goes to its reboot cycle. Yesterday I took a call which lasted about 10 minutes, hung up, put the phone down and about 20mins later it just rebooted. lol

is there any event log or error log that i can look at to get more information such as what led to the reboot? thinking it's an app causing it but i run so few apps that it would be a pretty big coincidence if it was an app. thanks!
    Theres no event log, unless you want to put it on the computer and do a logcat, and copy the log when it does the reboot, if you can catch it in time.
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    ah, ok thanks
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by 0chilly View Post
    i've been exclusively on steeldroid for the past oh, i don't know how long, on my OG droid, and i have no complaints really. the steelbox permisisons is due to SuperUser app, which has been having weird problems lately from what i can tell. they release an update like every day or two, sometimes more often. i was initially having problems with v11 but of course it was not the fault of steeldroid - it was the fault of Superuser. to "fix" the problems, what i had to do was wipe/reinstall steeldroid v11, then during the initial setup, tell it to NOT restore any apps from google. then i went to the app store to update Superuser only, and reboot. after that, i was free to install all my apps and everything's run perfectly. it took me about 4-5 wipes/reinstalls to narrow it down to that, so i hope it helps!
    I assumed it was SuperUser, since the ROM has been totally stable outside of that one thing. I'll try something like that. Thanks for the tip, and top ROM, thanks dev!
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid3

Steel Droid 5.5 Uninstalled

I can't say its not a bad rom as it offered more then I could expect but the only negative thing is it doesn't grab contacts from facebook accounts. It's time to go find another ROM or go back to stock.
  7. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    201 times
    Phone
    Looks like next major feature to come to Steel Droid for the GNex, is the PIE CONTROLS! Thanks to a LOT of people, PrimeDirective, NuclearMistake, DHO, TeamSourcery, ParanoidAndroid, and me! This is a killer feature, and Im loving it. Still a few quirks, but otherwise fully functional! Will be included in the next release!
    CJM likes this.
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Install 5.5 and 5.6 on my droid 3 and got error message "the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly" even cleanlly clear data and cache. can someone help?
    Last edited by dantoc; 02-24-2013 at 08:12 AM.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Re: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid - 2-6-2013 - ITS JELLYBEAN TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    Looks like next major feature to come to Steel Droid for the GNex, is the PIE CONTROLS! Thanks to a LOT of people, PrimeDirective, NuclearMistake, DHO, TeamSourcery, ParanoidAndroid, and me! This is a killer feature, and Im loving it. Still a few quirks, but otherwise fully functional! Will be included in the next release!
    Are you implementing that into the gnex rom man. Awesome I can't wait

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  10. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    201 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by cowsquad View Post
    Are you implementing that into the gnex rom man. Awesome I can't wait

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Yes. Actually been using it for a while now. Really nice. Not the easiest to activate, but it works excellent when it does. :-D
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

Links