DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 172 of 189 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1888
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    a955 Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    Sadly, no. Im looking to expand, but I need to keep up what I already support.

Just to clear this up, if your talking about the Droid 2 (or D2G), thats not a CM9 port. Its actually Gingerbread, with my custom ICS theme on it. But as far as bugs, Im listening. Let me know what bugs you find.
    No worries, understood, and again, great work. The port I used was for the d2. So, I have a question then. You said this is still GB. So if I were to flash cm9 8/19, before flashing your work would that conflict and cause unforseen things to happen? Eg: upsidedown camera, wifi lock, bt share not working, and a few others that escape my mind @ this early hour..
  2. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakonis View Post
    No worries, understood, and again, great work. The port I used was for the d2. So, I have a question then. You said this is still GB. So if I were to flash cm9 8/19, before flashing your work would that conflict and cause unforseen things to happen? Eg: upsidedown camera, wifi lock, bt share not working, and a few others that escape my mind @ this early hour..
    As long as you do a full wipe before flashing my ROM, I dont see why not, as your not changing the kernel. The CM9 port still uses the GB kernel I believe, unless its using a kexec method and also implements its own kernel, in which case you would be best to SBF back to stock and start over (unless there is a better way, which there probably is). Im not that versered with Kexec yet.
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    D2
    ...The CM9 port still uses the GB kernel I believe, unless its using a kexec method and also implements its own kernel, in which case you would be best to SBF back to stock and start over (unless there is a better way, which there probably is). Im not that versered with Kexec yet.
    You are correct, CM9 for the D2 is limited to the stock GB kernel. Also, I'm no expert, but I don't think kexec for the D2 ever made much progress:
    Got kexec-mod, kexec-tools Working - atags next ...Should Also Work With DroidX - Droid 2/R2D2 Development - RootzWiki

I haven't flashed your D2 ROM, but it kinda sounds like Drakonis might need to at least wipe cache & dalvik and try again.
  4. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    There you go. v5.0 for the D3 has a mirror in the OP, just under the original link.
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

5. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    For this next release for the GNex, I will be focusing more on the theming aspect, than the feature aspect. That doesnt mean that it wont gain any new features, but rather I will be spending more time working on getting the theme more complete and polished. Thats something I have been meaning to do for a LONG time. Im a good portion of the way through some of the main apps, with more to come.
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Is SteelDroid 11 a good daily driver for the OG Droid? I am using it now, and have something a little less stable on there and get tired of the crashing. Thanks in advance!
  7. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerz619 View Post
    Is SteelDroid 11 a good daily driver for the OG Droid? I am using it now, and have something a little less stable on there and get tired of the crashing. Thanks in advance!
    My opinion would be very bias, so I will let's the other users give their input. lol
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    My opinion would be very bias, so I will let's the other users give their input. lol
    I was asking for stability, but I see your point, and don't mind if you call yours the best. I installed it last night, and it is smooth and stable, and works just like what I need. I like the inclusion of the Nemus Launcher too; fast, stable, customizable, and light. The best of all worlds.
    Only thing I'm running into is when I try to go to "Advanced Settings" in the SteelBox. It asks for SuperUser permissions and I grant it, but it won't let me in there. It just keeps asking for permissions. It's a minor issue, but I would like to see what's in there and hopefully customize what's in the status bar at the top. Cheers!
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    hello.which. rom is for the charge.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    I have a droid1 with v11 on it. From time to time the phone just reboots on its own. It will just be sitting there idle (screen off, haven't used it in hours, etc.) and i'll notice that the screen comes on and it goes to its reboot cycle. Yesterday I took a call which lasted about 10 minutes, hung up, put the phone down and about 20mins later it just rebooted. lol

is there any event log or error log that i can look at to get more information such as what led to the reboot? thinking it's an app causing it but i run so few apps that it would be a pretty big coincidence if it was an app. thanks!

Links