DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 164 of 189 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1888
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

1. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    I smell spam
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    droid1, 11.0 steel droid here. something's ****ed up with superuser addon. install the rom and let everything update and the whole thing's fubar'd. nothing can get root. wipe/install 11 again and do not download updates/sync with google/etc, and manually update and it's okay. if i just let it go, nothing can get root - it hangs and locks up or force close.

so my suggestion to all you OG's out there, is to wipe/wipe/wipe, install 11, and do not allow google to sync your apps at first - manually install them all later.

i did find a bug with superuser too. setting it to allow all without prompting actually denies all, with no prompt. set it to ask permission and all will be okay. good luck. hoping i don't get infracted for saying ****ed.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    Did you go into superuser, and set the default to GRANT, and not display notifications?
    i actually did this and it's bugged - it denies everything without notification, and hangs forever, making you think the phone's locked up
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by amd_h4x0r View Post
    bug report for SteelDroid v11.0: trying to access Settings>Steel Box>Advanced Settings brings up a constant Superuser Request that will not go away if you hit Accept. I wiped and re-installed and the problem did not go away.
    i have seen this and if you keep hitting Grant/Accept, it will eventually stop. I think it took about 20 times for me for each app that requested su.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    after all the problems and installing successfully on 2 droid1's, i can confirm that this (v11) is the best steel droid rom i've ever used. i wish i could afford a galaxy s3 but my original droid1 will have to do for at least the next year. maybe then i will be able to afford the s3. if only phones were free ... after this i might actually just not use a cellphone since they're so expensive (over $50). if they were under $50 i'd consider "upgrading" every other year.

thank you steel droid / chevycam for helping me squeeze another few months (years!) out of my original droid!!!!!!!!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    You said it Ochilly! Steel Droid v11 has given my old og Droid yet another lease on life. Thanks for the great work!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Installed on my Droid with backup then data/cache/dalvik wipe. Seemed to run fine but Superuser doesn't seem to work. Did have a bunch of the requests and allowed but now it seems to hang on any SU requests. If I go into Superuser and try and update it fails on "Gaining Root Access".. well, doesn't fail, just timesout with not responding message. Fix? or am I really glad I did a backup first and start upgrade over?

Edit: reran super1click to reroot and all is good.
    Last edited by dublinlarry; 12-08-2012 at 02:17 PM.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Droid x

Hey, so I want to flash your v5.1 for the Droid X, I keep getting the (status 7) error. I am assuming it has to be on a different Kernel, any ideas on which, or what could be causing the issue?
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Earlier chevy said it maybe for froyo haven't tried it. I'll have to sbf.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinlarry View Post
    Installed on my Droid with backup then data/cache/dalvik wipe. Seemed to run fine but Superuser doesn't seem to work. Did have a bunch of the requests and allowed but now it seems to hang on any SU requests. If I go into Superuser and try and update it fails on "Gaining Root Access".. well, doesn't fail, just timesout with not responding message. Fix? or am I really glad I did a backup first and start upgrade over?

Edit: reran super1click to reroot and all is good.
    i was getting this too - think it was a problem with the superuser update. it seems to have a new update every day lately. i'll look into super1click for the future!

Links