DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 160 of 189 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1888
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

1. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by omgsy

I CANT WAIT!!! YAAYAYAYA~
    well one thing you can fix is im using 10.8 and when i lock the phone... sometimes the lockscreen doesnt popup when i unlock the phone. i have to reboot to have the lockscreen come up again when i unlock and lock. I dont know why this is happening but never happened in 10.7

maybe you can look into that?
    Can you get me a logcat?

That goes for everybody reporting errors that aren't obvious. If you can replicate the error, open a terminal window, get your phone to the point JUST BEFORE the place where the error occurs, START "adb log cat", wait for it to start and do its crazy scrolling done and calm down, then asap, cause the error. Wait until about 2 seconds after the error, and hit CTRL-Z or CTRL-/, and copy the contents of your terminal, and send it to me.
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    Anybody know of an image editor similar to Photoshop, but for Linux? GIMP doesnt draw simple rectangles, and circles and stuff. Its for manipulation, not creation.
    I'm not a user of GIMP myself however my buddy tells me that you can draw at least rectangles

use rectangle selection tool
    draw rectangle on the canvas
    edit->stroke selection

http://tuxpaint.org/screenshots/
    Last edited by DaxxTrias; 11-23-2012 at 05:02 PM.
  3. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    I guess I will go find a copy of Photoshop, and use that and GIMP on my Windows install. I need basic shape construction abilities, and GIMP can't do that. But GIMP is excellent for everything else! If you guys want, you can throw me suggestions for what to change, including graphics.
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    I guess I will go find a copy of Photoshop, and use that and GIMP on my Windows install. I need basic shape construction abilities, and GIMP can't do that. But GIMP is excellent for everything else! If you guys want, you can throw me suggestions for what to change, including graphics.
    Chevy send me an email I can hook up with CS6 eh?
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X, 2nd init

Minor Issues...

So far, I REALLY like SteelDroid on my DX. The interface is very smooth, the animations, menus, and colors, are very classy, and it's actually doing better on battery life than when I was still on stock .605.

But I do have a couple of minor issues:
    1) I can't record clearly. When I click record, the phone tries to auto focus, then stops in a very unfocused position, and begins recording. I don't have this issue taking pictures, only videos. Sometimes, it will also not access the camera when I press the camera hard button, and going into the Nemus app drawer and clicking Camera, launches the app, then immediately gives me an error stating that it cannot connect to the camera.

2) I have frequent errors with my SD being accessed. Titanium Backup will tell me that it has insufficient storage space, when I have over 25 of 32 GB free on my SD card. At times, some apps will randomly tell me that I need to insert my SD card, even though the card is installed, and was accessible from within another app. I've tried changing settings, but I still have this issue.

3) Nemus occasionally takes what feels like days to load fully, and I'm left staring at the silver spinner in place of the app drawer button. Since I have no other issues with Nemus, I've not wanted to install another launcher in the phone.

SteelDroid is really very slick, and I definitely like the more updated look it gives to my aging DX. Thanks for making my phone feel new again. :-)
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Just flashed this two times and i cannot charge/ question mark is displayed in the battery icon. i tried sbf and reflashed it again but the problem remains. any suggestions? seems like a nice rom btw.

Using Droid 2 global
    OldNut55 likes this.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by seatex View Post
    So far, I REALLY like SteelDroid on my DX. The interface is very smooth, the animations, menus, and colors, are very classy, and it's actually doing better on battery life than when I was still on stock .605.

But I do have a couple of minor issues:
    1) I can't record clearly. When I click record, the phone tries to auto focus, then stops in a very unfocused position, and begins recording. I don't have this issue taking pictures, only videos. Sometimes, it will also not access the camera when I press the camera hard button, and going into the Nemus app drawer and clicking Camera, launches the app, then immediately gives me an error stating that it cannot connect to the camera.

2) I have frequent errors with my SD being accessed. Titanium Backup will tell me that it has insufficient storage space, when I have over 25 of 32 GB free on my SD card. At times, some apps will randomly tell me that I need to insert my SD card, even though the card is installed, and was accessible from within another app. I've tried changing settings, but I still have this issue.

3) Nemus occasionally takes what feels like days to load fully, and I'm left staring at the silver spinner in place of the app drawer button. Since I have no other issues with Nemus, I've not wanted to install another launcher in the phone.

SteelDroid is really very slick, and I definitely like the more updated look it gives to my aging DX. Thanks for making my phone feel new again. :-)
    Try Camera FX, but you have to dump the other camera program. FX also does not store in the 'camera roll' folder just fyi. That might be why it works at least for me that solved my issues on D3 global.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I just rooted my stock droid x the other day. I am a total nubi to this stuff. I download the zip file for the droid x and I do not know where to go from here. Is there a step by step instruction thread? I don't even know how to "wipe" the system at all, let alone add the new rom. If anyone can help it would be nice. thanks.
  9. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    Anybody have any other suggestions for graphics that could be changed or updated in the Droid 1 ROM (my custom theme version)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

10. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    What do you guys think of my new switches images? Didnt have much space to work with in width, so this is the best I could figure out so far...

jrracinfan likes this.
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

Links