DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 155 of 190 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1893
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3

update

Quote Originally Posted by bs953 View Post
    ok so installed SD3_5500 on my Droid 3 and all went well, took some learning curves, great job by the way. Three issues have arisin: 1) Blutooth has become scratchy and staticy, but not right away took about two days for this issue to happen, I am VERY Blutooth dependant I have the Jawbone Icon and have had ZERO issues with this device. 2) If I turn off the jawbone but blutooth is enabled on the phone, I cant hear anybody and they cant hear me? 3) On occasion when I answer a phone call, the screen stays black and there is no audio? Oh the contacts were a nightmare to straighten out, it wouldn't read my backed up contacts from the SD card, once I worked around that I HAD to install a contact manager to fix duplicates and multi select to delete, no biggy just thought you might want to know. Anyways great job and thanx for your hard work any input would be appreciated.
    Well I guess I am screwed now unless somebody here has a better idea than mine, take the phone in Bluetooth has totally become unusable, tried same bluetooth on 4 different phones even crappy ones, crystal clear all the way around. I did a data wipe, factory reset which still gave me the jelly bean ok cool, reboot doesn't see my SD card.....again.....ok fine, hooked phone to pc and tried reinstall the factory ROM (done this three times before) now it wont do it? Hooked phone to 5 different pc's from XP to W8 32 and 64 no go, evidently JellyBean is not allowing me to reinstall the factory ROM? Any ideas Gals and Girls? Thanx
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by adverbius View Post
    You might double check the file you're using to return to stock? Might be corrupt.

edit - or maybe you lost root?
    Yes, I used a Peter Alfonso SBF to go totally back to unrooted stock.

I did get Wifi Tether working although I'm not sure what did it. I uninstalled it, reinstalled from Google Play, rebooted several times, and now it is working. All is good. :-)

In fact, the phone runs better than ever (which is what I was hoping for from the SBF back to stock).
    Motorola Droid w/Steel Droid 10.8 RIP....curse you thief
    Nexus One stock as temp replacement
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon SGN
    ((EDIT) I noticed after posting and reading through many many pages that the default posts per page sucked. So I set it as high as I could and looky there! Feedback and answers about v5.0 BETA on the last page! Glad to see you're working on the issue, can't wait to try it again!))

I am running v4.0 (shadow.zip) and tried installed Droid X v5.0 BETA BUILD. I get an error right away about a wrong kernel version. I am currently running kernel 2.6.32.9-geadffa3 mcbk82@il93lnxdroid08 #1

I did a quick search of the thread but didn't find an answer, did I miss it?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Elevener; 11-04-2012 at 09:25 PM.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    milski65
    Phone
    Bionic and X

Re: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid - 10-17-2012 - ITS JELLYBEAN TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Elevener View Post
    ((EDIT) I noticed after posting and reading through many many pages that the default posts per page sucked. So I set it as high as I could and looky there! Feedback and answers about v5.0 BETA on the last page! Glad to see you're working on the issue, can't wait to try it again!))

I am running v4.0 (shadow.zip) and tried installed Droid X v5.0 BETA BUILD. I get an error right away about a wrong kernel version. I am currently running kernel 2.6.32.9-geadffa3 mcbk82@il93lnxdroid08 #1

I did a quick search of the thread but didn't find an answer, did I miss it?

Thanks!
    He knows. Check a few pages back. I tried to flash it with same results. He said he was going back to the drawing board.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Any new news on a release date for 10.9? I can hardly contain the drool! Have a great day!
    Chris
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid3

I have a Droid3 what can I expect?

Hello,

I have a Droid3 running Gingerbread + Mavrom 4.5

I am very interested in moving to something newer than Gingerbread...

My primary compliant for the Droid3 on Gingerbread is that the camera app is a joke with a 30second wait time to take pictures, and it usually crashes if I take 3 pictures in a row.

Is there a working / nonworking list of features for the ROM on the first page of this thread for the Droid3?

CDMA?
    GPS?
    Bluetooth audio?
    Front Camera?
    Rear Camera
    Front Video?
    Rear Video?
    HW Video Codec playback?
    HDMI?

The above is listed in the order of importance for me.

Thanks
    Last edited by newjerseyninja; 11-07-2012 at 07:11 AM.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by newjerseyninja View Post
    Hello,

I have a Droid3 running Gingerbread + Mavrom 4.5

I am very interested in moving to ICS.

My primary compliant for the Droid3 on Gingerbread is that the camera app is a joke with a 30second wait time to take pictures, and it usually crashes if I take 3 pictures in a row.

Is there a working / nonworking list of features for the Cyanogenmod on the first page of this thread for the Droid3?

CDMA?
    GPS?
    Bluetooth audio?
    Front Camera?
    Rear Camera
    Front Video?
    Rear Video?
    HW Video Codec playback?
    HDMI?

The above is listed in the order of importance for me.

Thanks
    My experience:
    CDMA: Yes
    GPS: Yes (third party app)
    Blutooth: Forget it, in my case worked for a few days then slowly went to hell, complete wipe and reinstall same story, third party apps no good either. I did however get streaming audio interesting. Also if your blu tooth is active on the phone but the ear piece is off, no audio on phone and generally tons of issues.
    Camera's: Worked great love the damn app
    Video: thats a catch 22 sometimes worked fine, generally just crashed.
    Video Playback: Never could get it to work right.
    HDMI: Wouldn't work on my phone
    Notes: Contacts were a major *****, wouldn't read from the sd card, finally I had to go straighten out my G-Mail (which I never use) then once imported from there they were all duplicated, no multi select function I had to finally install a contact manager. Sometimes when answering from Blu-tooth there was randomly no audio, then a black screen, then an auto reboot. I finally decided to can the ICS idea and I couldn't get the stock rom to reinstall ICS had me effectively locked out, even using fast AP Boot. I had to break down and take the phone to a local nerd for a small beer fee it did take him over an hour to make it happen. I finally have setteled on stock rooted, bloatware removed, my honeys mug as wallpaper and all is well. Hope this helps.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid3
    When the bluetooth started dying, did audio streaming still work?

Earlier you wrote: "1) Blutooth has become scratchy and staticy, but not right away took about two days for this issue to happen"

I use my phone to track my running with GPS and to stream audio to my headphones. Music and audio feedback is pretty important for that. I can live without bluetooth for voice calls though. How was the bluetooth audio streaming during the time you had the rom? Was the scratchiness just during phone calls or did it happen while streaming music? If it happens while streaming music then it's a non-starter for me.

Moving to Mavrom 4.5 forced me to use google for my contacts so that would be ok for me.
    Last edited by newjerseyninja; 11-07-2012 at 08:27 AM.
  9. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I didnt forget about you guys. But Im about up to my neck in work to do (Im the only developer working on my ROM, while also contributing to VanirAOSP). A LOT of changes are happening, and Im trying to keep up, without going out of my mind. Things arent going well here at home, so my mind isnt where I want it to be. But the work continues.
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98024A KitKat (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    If you need any beta testers for the OG droid I'd be more than happy to assist you Chevy. Anything if it'll help lighten your workload.

Please take your time
Page 155 of 190 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 ... LastLast

Links