DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 146 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1888
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

  1. Droid Newbie
    Manyguns's Avatar
    Member #
    281134
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    DroidX
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    Yes actually. I have a little tweaking left to do on it, but now that it has been confirmed to work on the Froyo kernel, I can go ahead and start tweaking it up a bit more, and getting it ready for everyone. Wont be tomorrow, but its coming.
    Awesome! I'm new here, but I hope it's still encouraging when I say your efforts toward DX development are much appreciated.
  2. Droid
    DaxxTrias's Avatar
    Member #
    82444
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32
    Phone
    droid
    On the OG Droid, I just noticed. I've been using SD since about 10.5, and I've upgraded each time by just overwriting the new over the old. Sometime between 10.5 -> 10.8 I noticed I now ended up with Superuser & SuperSU apps.

    Since it seems SuperSU is the newer one, is it safe for me to just simply delete Superuser?
  3. Droid
    Jeffyo's Avatar
    Member #
    195890
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    56
    Phone
    VZW GS3
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94

    Yes actually. I have a little tweaking left to do on it, but now that it has been confirmed to work on the Froyo kernel, I can go ahead and start tweaking it up a bit more, and getting it ready for everyone. Wont be tomorrow, but its coming.
    Should the d2 be on froyo before installing? I'm reading conflicting posts. I installed with 2.3.3. Works great but the only thing I'm seeing wrong is my radios are quarky. Using latest D2 steel Droid unthemed.
    Last edited by Jeffyo; 08-18-2012 at 05:02 PM.
  4. Junior Droid
    dublinlarry's Avatar
    Member #
    276144
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxTrias
    On the OG Droid, I just noticed. I've been using SD since about 10.5, and I've upgraded each time by just overwriting the new over the old. Sometime between 10.5 -> 10.8 I noticed I now ended up with Superuser & SuperSU apps.

    Since it seems SuperSU is the newer one, is it safe for me to just simply delete Superuser?
    Same question here but since I had backup I tried to remove superuser and it wouldn't let me.

    Sent from my NookColor using Droid Forums
  5. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    chevycam94's Avatar
    Member #
    67883
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    1,395
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyo View Post
    Should the d2 be on froyo before installing? I'm reading conflicting posts. I installed with 2.3.3. Works great but the only thing I'm seeing wrong is my radios are quarky. Using latest D2 steel Droid unthemed.
    No, that was for the Droid X. The D2 I believe should be on a GB kernel.
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0


    Motorola Droid 1

    Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

    Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

    If you like my work, please donate!
  6. Droid
    Jeffyo's Avatar
    Member #
    195890
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    56
    Phone
    VZW GS3
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94

    No, that was for the Droid X. The D2 I believe should be on a GB kernel.
    Ok. Is the wifi and Bluetooth a known issue? If I use the drop down menu buttons to turn stuff on and off, like wifi, it will fail, but if I turn the phone off the wifi will work after booting. This phone has so many quarks, even on stock. Oh well, here's to praying we get to unlock the bootloader.
  7. Junior Droid
    pauljr366's Avatar
    Member #
    36024
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    26
    Phone
    Droid
    Are you still working on the OG? I hope to see 10.8 or 10.9 someday! You're the man chevy!!
  8. Master Droid
    Daballa's Avatar
    Member #
    86989
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    251
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by pauljr366
    Are you still working on the OG? I hope to see 10.8 or 10.9 someday! You're the man chevy!!
    10.8 is up in the op.
    Sent from my O.G. DROiD or Razr Maxx
  9. Junior Droid
    pauljr366's Avatar
    Member #
    36024
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    26
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Daballa View Post
    10.8 is up in the op.
    Whoops...meant just 10.9 then, for some reason I thought I was still on 10.6, but nope...totally running 10.8. Just getting rom-itchy I guess!
  10. Junior Droid
    karll123's Avatar
    Member #
    281125
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Hmmm, any word of an update for the dx?

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013
    By chevycam94 in forum Steel Droid - D3
    Replies: 1441
    Last Post: 10-26-2013, 07:26 AM
  2. [ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid 9.0 Gingerbread - 11-17-2011
    By chevycam94 in forum Steel Droid
    Replies: 576
    Last Post: 03-31-2012, 02:25 PM

Search tags for this page

droid 3 ics

,
droid 3 jelly bean
,
droid 5
,
droid bionic jelly bean rom
,

droid razr jelly bean rom

,

droid x jelly bean

,

droid x roms

,
droid x roms 2012
,

jelly bean rom

,

steel droid

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+