DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 140 of 190 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1892
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Yea I know I wish my boss would've offered this at the beginning of June, but believe me I'm grateful regardless. I remember seeing somethin written about that a little bit ago, unfortunately for me its just my OG and my rents both have dinc2's. I know they don't plan on upgrading anytime soon as they just did not too long ago when they got those dinc2's for free. Gotta make sure the price increase on our plan only gets applied to my line, paying $58/month right now, hopefully it won't go up too much as I'm not really willing to pay it, knowing its Just big red trying to squeeze every dollar out of peeps. Was leaning towards sg3 but now I'm reading about some screens randomly cracking and some coming apart. Don't really wanna get insurance but they might suck me in there, since I definitely can't risk it breaking.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (Vz/PagePlus)
    I'm curious if anyone has ever ran into this problem. In particular any app that uses the camera will show a completely black screen in 'live view' mode, but when the picture is taken the result comes out just fine. And stuff in software that does 'calculations' based on said live image (Barcode scanner app showing the little yellow flicks when it starts to spot a barcode, the auto-focus in the stock camera app) seem to work just fine. This one has been bugging me for the past week or so. Does it on every app that uses the camera that I can tell.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Just installed 10.8 on my og Droid. Installed over top of 10.5 and no issues so far.

What's best rom for og and tips for best battery life. Need og Droid to hang on until end of year...
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinlarry View Post
    Just installed 10.8 on my og Droid. Installed over top of 10.5 and no issues so far.

What's best rom for og and tips for best battery life. Need og Droid to hang on until end of year...
    Well I'd have to say no doubt steel Droid is the best ROM for the OG and to save battery only things I do is never use a task killer of course, and I turn off sync at night thru the power control widget on my homescreen. Besides that not sure what else there's to do, maybe turn off mobile data.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums
    Last edited by meishkov; 07-28-2012 at 01:48 PM.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (Original)
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinlarry View Post

Best ROM? Steel Droid hands down. It's better than the froyo roms and is also a work of art.

An undervolted kernel I think is the best suggestion I can make, I have been using Smartass governor and chevyno1 1ghz ultra low voltage but there are other kernels to try and see which works best for you. Also agree with Meishkov, ditch the task killer if you are using one. After flashing a ROM its a good idea to run Battery Calibration (on android market) and I always try to discharge my battery completely and let it charge till the light goes off plus 2 hours.

If I am in the city with relatively great cell reception I get 10-12 hours battery life running Bluetooth (a2dp earpiece connected), 3g and sync on all the time, phone calls, apps that use the camera, apps that stream audio, little gaming (wordfeud mostly) and a few txts. At home, my reception is poor (-103dbm atm) and can kill the battery in half that time. I am fairly happy with this setup but I know I have seen 20+ hours by limiting the 3g connectivity and/or cellular connectivity. I'm curious what user running De-primed kernel have seen for battery life.
    Last edited by Rylvir; 07-28-2012 at 06:06 PM.
    Motorola Droid (Sholes) - Steel Droid 10.8 + deprimed kernel
  6. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Savagerun View Post
    Chevy hasn't updated the droidx build yet but he said he would be doing it so we just have to wait till he has it ready. Im looking forward to it myself.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    I need to get more done with that. I am going to be at work for at least another week, so I need to work on it when I have free time after work, which isnt that long. Been working super long days, but I will get something up and going, just be patient. :-D Good things come to those who wait! LOL
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98024A KitKat (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    I need to get more done with that. I am going to be at work for at least another week, so I need to work on it when I have free time after work, which isnt that long. Been working super long days, but I will get something up and going, just be patient. :-D Good things come to those who wait! LOL
    I totally understand you have a life out of doing your dev work so whenever you have it ready is fine with me, my droidx isn't going anywhere lol... I appreciate just that your doing it so you won't hear me being pushy or complaining.
    Edit.... I've been getting bored with all the newer ics roms so this weekend I've had some free time and revisited some of the froyo roms gummyjar,rubix, apex and liberty. It's amazing how stable those roms are. Im on liberty(froyo) right now because that had the best battery life out of those 4. Im gonna stay here till you get your build done and then I'll jump on that.
    Last edited by Savagerun; 07-29-2012 at 11:40 AM.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 a955 on Cricket :D
    I have a Droid 2 (a955) running on 4.5.621 with android version 2.3.4 & I was wondering if there was a way to make Steel or any other of Chevy's fine roms to run on there? And yes It is Fully Rooted & has Full Superuser (3.1.3) installed. Thanks in advance for any help
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by shine.runner01 View Post
    I have a Droid 2 (a955) running on 4.5.621 with android version 2.3.4 & I was wondering if there was a way to make Steel or any other of Chevy's fine roms to run on there? And yes It is Fully Rooted & has Full Superuser (3.1.3) installed. Thanks in advance for any help
    You should be able to install it once chevy gets the build updated for the D2. It's a 2nd init rom so it should install just fine on 621.

10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 a955 on Cricket :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Savagerun View Post
    You should be able to install it once chevy gets the build updated for the D2. It's a 2nd init rom so it should install just fine on 621.

That was fast & Thanks for the info, I didn't know maybe if he had something & I just over looked it or not.
Page 140 of 190 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 ... LastLast

Links