DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 132 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1888
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

  1. Droid
    drewrivera's Avatar
    Member #
    226262
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    90
    Phone
    og Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    You just gave me an idea. How about porting the JellyBean theme to the D1? It wont be actual JellyBean of course, but it would at least LOOK like it. :-D
    I hear being able to make a d1 jelly bean is extremely possible. Do you think there isn't enough space for it? Perhaps using linaro?

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
  2. Droid Ninja
    metalspring's Avatar
    Member #
    158915
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    hermitage, pa
    Posts
    2,231
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by drewrivera View Post
    I hear being able to make a d1 jelly bean is extremely possible. Do you think there isn't enough space for it? Perhaps using linaro?

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    You dont have a gnex do you? Linaro isnt needed for jellybean...jelly bean is essentially 99.9% lag free (on the gnex anyway)
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

    Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  3. Senior Droid
    Sixonefour's Avatar
    Member #
    117326
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    212
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    My droid is on its very last leg. The power button has been broken for months, and the volume rocker is dead. Apps now control these buttons. I threw the droid on the floor one day (in hopes of breaking it) but to my surprise, it BENT and didn't break and still works! Now it looks like a wallet that's been in your back pocket for a very long time (that nice curved shape). The OG is a BEAST!

    Anywho, I'm upgrading to the Galaxy S3 and ending my contract with Verizon very soon so this is probably a goodbye, and personal THANK YOU for all of the sweet ROM's, support, and countless hours of work supporting this device. It was a great run, Chevy. I won't be completely gone, but lurking.

    TAKE CARE EVERYONE!
  4. Master Droid
    meishkov's Avatar
    Member #
    37113
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    958
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    so what's the overall consensus on 10.71? I dunno if I wanna risk messing up my perfect setup still on 10.3 haha, but I think that's the one right before CM7.2 stable got released, so I'm still running the older stuff. I know that one dude said he was having problems, deprimed always fixed my problems 95% of the time, if I had any. I've always, well recently, SBF back to stock then flash the latest, just to have the cleanest possible without losing anything important. Thank goodness I got TiBu way back in the day, that baby has stood the test of time.
  5. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    chevycam94's Avatar
    Member #
    67883
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    1,395
    Liked
    201 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by meishkov
    so what's the overall consensus on 10.71? I dunno if I wanna risk messing up my perfect setup still on 10.3 haha, but I think that's the one right before CM7.2 stable got released, so I'm still running the older stuff. I know that one dude said he was having problems, deprimed always fixed my problems 95% of the time, if I had any. I've always, well recently, SBF back to stock then flash the latest, just to have the cleanest possible without losing anything important. Thank goodness I got TiBu way back in the day, that baby has stood the test of time.
    Actually, v10.5 was the latest before CM7 stable (non-RC 7.2 stable). I still have it on my server if anyone is interested.
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0


    Motorola Droid 1

    Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

    Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

    If you like my work, please donate!
  6. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    chevycam94's Avatar
    Member #
    67883
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    1,395
    Liked
    201 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixonefour
    My droid is on its very last leg. The power button has been broken for months, and the volume rocker is dead. Apps now control these buttons. I threw the droid on the floor one day (in hopes of breaking it) but to my surprise, it BENT and didn't break and still works! Now it looks like a wallet that's been in your back pocket for a very long time (that nice curved shape). The OG is a BEAST!

    Anywho, I'm upgrading to the Galaxy S3 and ending my contract with Verizon very soon so this is probably a goodbye, and personal THANK YOU for all of the sweet ROM's, support, and countless hours of work supporting this device. It was a great run, Chevy. I won't be completely gone, but lurking.

    TAKE CARE EVERYONE!
    So now you have an OG Droid Nexus! Lol
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0


    Motorola Droid 1

    Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

    Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

    If you like my work, please donate!
  7. Master Droid
    meishkov's Avatar
    Member #
    37113
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    958
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    Actually, v10.5 was the latest before CM7 stable (non-RC 7.2 stable). I still have it on my server if anyone is interested.
    I take it that's what 10.71 is based on, cm7.2 stable? I always enjoy running the latest and greatest, just thought my 10.3 setup doesn't have many hiccups, and was making sure nobody else had any problems with it, besides that one guy. Probably gonna make the jump later tonight
  8. Senior Droid
    Sixonefour's Avatar
    Member #
    117326
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    212
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by meishkov View Post
    I take it that's what 10.71 is based on, cm7.2 stable? I always enjoy running the latest and greatest, just thought my 10.3 setup doesn't have many hiccups, and was making sure nobody else had any problems with it, besides that one guy. Probably gonna make the jump later tonight
    I installed it fresh (not SBF to stock fresh) and flashed deprimed as I usually do, and it whistles like bird at 6am when you're trying to sleep. Not even a force close yet. I had calling issues with the last release but I did install it right over top of the previous release. I figured I better give this one a 'clean' install for that purpose. Make a nandroid backup and jump into the fire. Good luck!
  9. Senior Droid
    Sixonefour's Avatar
    Member #
    117326
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    212
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    So now you have an OG Droid Nexus! Lol
    Does the Nexus not have buttons? I see at the top of the forum page the S3 has appeared in the droid family. I'm going to miss my keyboard though--even if it is bent.
  10. Droid Ninja
    metalspring's Avatar
    Member #
    158915
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    hermitage, pa
    Posts
    2,231
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixonefour View Post
    Does the Nexus not have buttons? I see at the top of the forum page the S3 has appeared in the droid family. I'm going to miss my keyboard though--even if it is bent.
    He meant the sight curve I'm sure lol, the nexus has a curved screen so it's more comfortable to make phone calls
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

    Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013
    By chevycam94 in forum Steel Droid - D3
    Replies: 1441
    Last Post: 10-26-2013, 07:26 AM
  2. [ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid 9.0 Gingerbread - 11-17-2011
    By chevycam94 in forum Steel Droid
    Replies: 576
    Last Post: 03-31-2012, 02:25 PM

Search tags for this page

droid 3 ics

,
droid 3 jelly bean
,
droid 5
,
droid bionic jelly bean rom
,

droid razr jelly bean rom

,

droid x jelly bean

,

droid x roms

,
droid x roms 2012
,

jelly bean rom

,

steel droid

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+