DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 125 of 190 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1893
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    huh. If anyone else has issues with it booting, please let me know. If you fix it, also let me know. Might be the kernel. Doesnt play well with everybody.
    I didn't think of the kernal, oh well it's too late for me to be messing with my phone, I'll leave it for next week.
    Current Phone: Galaxy Nexus
    Rom:Steel Droid v3.52
    Recovery:Clockworkmod Touch
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Original A855

Stuck in Boot Screen Animation

Hi, I have been searching trying to see if there is a n answer and can't find one, so hopefully someone can help me.

I have really been wanting to try the SD ROM, but after flashing SD 10.5 or 10.2 unthemed, my OG Droid just sticks on logon animation.

Other ROMS have been no problem, but I have heard so much great stuff about SD, I would love to try it.

I have the A855, OG droid, with 32gb SD Card.

Thanks ahead of time for any help with this, and if it has already been answered please forgive me, but searching for stuck in boot screen brought up nothing.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    huh. If anyone else has issues with it booting, please let me know. If you fix it, also let me know. Might be the kernel. Doesnt play well with everybody.
    You might want to ask jakeday about how he fixed the boot up issues over on rootz with his port and there is a link to a jellybean bootloader as well that may help.
    I remember the boot issues having something to do with incorrect partitions since the jellybean roms we have now are just nandroid hacks (not built from source)
    http://rootzwiki.com/topic/28677-rom...l-about-speed/

Good luck with this Chevy
    chevycam94 likes this.
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (Original)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itanaman View Post
    Hi, I have been searching trying to see if there is a n answer and can't find one, so hopefully someone can help me.

I have really been wanting to try the SD ROM, but after flashing SD 10.5 or 10.2 unthemed, my OG Droid just sticks on logon animation.

Other ROMS have been no problem, but I have heard so much great stuff about SD, I would love to try it.

Thanks ahead of time for any help with this, and if it has already been answered please forgive me, but searching for stuck in boot screen brought up nothing.
    You may want to flash a different kernel right after you flash SD Rom (prior to exiting Clockword Mod) your OG Droid might not play well with pre-installed 1ghz ChevyNo1 Kernel.
    Motorola Droid (Sholes) - Steel Droid 10.8 + deprimed kernel
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Original A855
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylvir View Post
    You may want to flash a different kernel right after you flash SD Rom (prior to exiting Clockword Mod) your OG Droid might not play well with pre-installed 1ghz ChevyNo1 Kernel.
    Perhaps I should have stated I am a noob (although I have flashed several ROMS with success), however, I thought the kernel and ROM were in same package (like I said noob)? I have never had to do a separate ROM and kernel before. Would you mind explaining that a little further, with a suggestion as to which kernel you feel might be best, and link for it?

So far I have gone as far as restoring my OG to stock from backup, and then flashing the ROM to SD, to the same problem occurring.

Thanks again ahead of time.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Itanaman

Perhaps I should have stated I am a noob (although I have flashed several ROMS with success), however, I thought the kernel and ROM were in same package (like I said noob)? I have never had to do a separate ROM and kernel before. Would you mind explaining that a little further, with a suggestion as to which kernel you feel might be best, and link for it?

So far I have gone as far as restoring my OG to stock from backup, and then flashing the ROM to SD, to the same problem occurring.

Thanks again ahead of time.
    They are, sometimes though the prepackaged kernel does not agree with the phone and prevents it from booting. So after flashing a rom you immediately flash a new kernel before you boot. You could try deprimed it works very well on the OG and the other chevys kernels tend to be good but since you can't boot I'm guessing they aren't agreeing with the phone.
    Current Phone: Galaxy Nexus
    Rom:Steel Droid v3.52
    Recovery:Clockworkmod Touch
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 1 +CM7

Did you wipe everything before flashing?

-CM7 on DInc2
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (Original)
    Here are links to the kernels I've used plus Primed/Deprimed

ChevyNo1 -
    Index of /kernels-053111

Pete's -
    Peter Alfonso: Download: Droid Kernels V0.3

Deprimed - (haven't tried this one)
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dep...f-you-can.html

I guess what I would suggest is this: Wipe everything twice (except SD card of course) Clear Dalvik Cache(in Advanced Options) Install SD 10.5 and verify it says Install completed, then flash Pete's SV 1.0ghz right after the ROM installs. Reboot and see if it works and downsize from there.. Maybe try Deprimed, I have no experience with it
    Last edited by Rylvir; 07-07-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    Motorola Droid (Sholes) - Steel Droid 10.8 + deprimed kernel
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Anyone experiencing issues with Wi-fi? Have full signal, it tells me it's "Obtaining an IP address", followed by "Authenticating", even says connected and shows the speed sometime. Afterward it just goes back to searching again ultimately resulting in a message stating "Avoided poor internet connection". Anyone else experiencing this? I believe I read something about this issue occurring with Nova Launcher. I haven't used this particular launcher prior, Apex in the past. Please advise, thank you very much Chevy! Have been admiring your amazing ROMS and work since my D1 which unfortunately has recently passed away. R.I.P. OG DROID... My first Android device! Sob.....
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid

First of all I'd have say go with the ICS themed version of 10.5 and regarding the kernel I'd have to recommend prime's deprimed kernel, the #20, the last one he's put out. Makes my OG work at its best.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums
Page 125 of 190 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 ... LastLast

Links