DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 110 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1888
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by meishkov View Post
    I try to avoid restoring data for as many apps as I can. Only restore data for the certain apps that you truly NEED. Atleast that's what I do, but I don't put any apps on my SD card anymore. Just got too slow for me.
    I'm starting to think I restored system settings I didn't mean to with TiBu.... I may try this again soon (I noticed another post here with 10.6 in the signature... I might wait a few days if that's coming soon, especially if it fixes the active-buttons-are-almost-as-dark-as-inactive-buttons thing someone else pointed out.)

As for the SD card, I only put things there that I want but don't need super-fast access to. The fact that Google restores system settings like WiFi passwords and so on is A Very Good Thing... but automatically restoring the apps? Not so much, especially when it never puts them back on the SD card. And as for app settings - I really despise re-entering settings on dozens of apps: that's what I bought TiBu for.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyMacGyver

I'm starting to think I restored system settings I didn't mean to with TiBu.... I may try this again soon (I noticed another post here with 10.6 in the signature... I might wait a few days if that's coming soon, especially if it fixes the active-buttons-are-almost-as-dark-as-inactive-buttons thing someone else pointed out.)

As for the SD card, I only put things there that I want but don't need super-fast access to. The fact that Google restores system settings like WiFi passwords and so on is A Very Good Thing... but automatically restoring the apps? Not so much, especially when it never puts them back on the SD card. And as for app settings - I really despise re-entering settings on dozens of apps: that's what I bought TiBu for.
    Restoring data for apps is hit or miss, most work just fine, others don't, especially any that modify how the phone runs, like setcpu or even ROM toolbox
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (Vz/PagePlus)
    There's another tiny issue that has slowly come to my attention and that is that the 'lock homescreen in memory' option doesn't seem to do anything. Even after running a lightweight app for an amount of time I'm coming back to having to redraw my home screen and dock drawer. And with around 10 pages of apps, that is some tedious waiting.

Mind you I am not running the included launcher but ADW EX which is my favorite mostly. Dunno if that effects it at all.

Memory doesn't at all seem to be an issue. Although I haven't looked at numbers, I rarely feel the usual sluggishness that sets in when free mem hits below 30M.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by cr08
    There's another tiny issue that has slowly come to my attention and that is that the 'lock homescreen in memory' option doesn't seem to do anything. Even after running a lightweight app for an amount of time I'm coming back to having to redraw my home screen and dock drawer. And with around 10 pages of apps, that is some tedious waiting.

Mind you I am not running the included launcher but ADW EX which is my favorite mostly. Dunno if that effects it at all.

Memory doesn't at all seem to be an issue. Although I haven't looked at numbers, I rarely feel the usual sluggishness that sets in when free mem hits below 30M.

On the D1 I always had redraws on every rom with lock home in memory.
    Current Phone: Galaxy Nexus
    Rom:Steel Droid v3.52
    Recovery:Clockworkmod Touch
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by cr08 View Post

I liked and purchased ADW also but there doesn't seem to be any support for this launcher anymore since they haven't updated since December. There have been complaints in the user reviews saying other people are having problems with it also. I'm using the Nemus launcher that came with SD and get occasional redraws if I've been in the maps or browsing for a while but they seem less for me than ADW.
    Droid 1 June 2010-May 2012 Best Rom Steel Droid
    May 2012-Current Droid Charge Rooted w/ Stock minus the bloat
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    @usmcamgrimm
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Thanks for all your hard work Chevy! Running SD10 on my OG for 2 days now with no issues.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    my wifi can't connect anymore, it used to be fine but after i disconnect the network doesn't recognize anymore.. is there any fix about this? thnx
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Well, I took the plunge again tonight and installed 10.5 on my OG Droid. I backed it up, wiped it, installed 10.5, logged in and let the phone automatically reinstall my settings and apps (and busily shuffled some off to SD for the sake of space).

WiFi worked right away, though it periodically went offline (I've never had the greatest luck at 1000 mhz on this one).

I carefully restored a few apps' data with TiBu (things that would be a royal pain to reconfigure manually and which are pretty self-contained). I did NOT accidentally restore half the system settings with TiBu this time (what led to my earlier problems).

So far the pattern lockscreen works, though it's not quite clear how to get the old CM behavior back that I'm used to (namely, power button leads right to the pattern unlock screen). I've gotten it to where that'll happen if the keyboard is slid out, or if I power on the screen and touch a soft button, but not just because I powered it on (as it did before). Thoughts? Or is this just how it is?

Also, in terms of CPU speed... I've got 1000/250 with the interactive governor by default... is that a solid combination (other than maybe dropping the top freq a bit)? Is the old "suddenly it runs at 250 mhz all the time issue gone here? I don't see the setting for the screen-off speed offhand (which is what appears to have been the problem before).

Still fiddling with Nemus. I was using Launcher Pro but I think I like this one more. Restoring icons from LP to Nemus seems to work... but curiously I get two more pages as well. Not quite sure how to change that. <--- Nevermind that, you just do that from the "Switcher" screen... now I've got things arranged as they were before and with very little effort involved!

Overall, it's nice to be up-to-date again! Thank you! :-) I'm eager to see how it performs over the coming days...

(As a side-note, I'm also pleased to find RZR 2.0.3 working well - first time I used it a few months back it caused some problems, but now it works like a charm.)
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesupra View Post
    my wifi can't connect anymore, it used to be fine but after i disconnect the network doesn't recognize anymore.. is there any fix about this? thnx
    That's odd. I don't have this problem on the Droid 1. I've tried it on two different phones (same model), and I don't have this problem.
    Phone: OG Droid/Motorola Droid 1/Sholes/A855 (2 phones)
    ROM: Steel Droid 10.8 (by chevycam94) and Jellybean for Droid (20120826 by kfazz)
    Power Level: Over 9000
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Nexus - Steel Droid PCB theme
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesupra View Post
    reboot your router

Links