DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 108 of 189 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1888
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandgir

On top of them nuking unlimited data google is only allowing you to deauthorize 4 devices a year now. Looks like i'm not going to be using that on my phone anymore. But yeah I know you are waiting for quad cores, hopefully if anything you can get one before unlimited data goes bye bye.
    Honestly atts network should surpass Versions anyway (same LTE as Verizon, PLUS the fast hspa+ to fall back on), and sprint doesn't have anywhere near the network of att and Verizon but they still offer unlimited data, and both att and sprint usually get more, better phones...grandfathered unlimited data is what was keeping most people staying with Verizon for upgrades, what is Verizon thinking???
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    Honestly atts network should surpass Versions anyway (same LTE as Verizon, PLUS the fast hspa+ to fall back on), and sprint doesn't have anywhere near the network of att and Verizon but they still offer unlimited data, and both att and sprint usually get more, better phones...grandfathered unlimited data is what was keeping most people staying with Verizon for upgrades, what is Verizon thinking???
    Exactly, once I'm on my own I might be jumping ship. This is crazy. The reason I liked Verizon was because of unlimited data and amazing service. With the rumored new nexus program i'd be all for jumping to at&t. I was hoping I would get to keep the data. I guess not now.
    Current Phone: Galaxy Nexus
    Rom:Steel Droid v3.52
    Recovery:Clockworkmod Touch
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    That is some major BS. Especially right after that $30 upgrade fee got going for their imaginary workshops that they said people used. Haha what a joke

Sent from my OG using DroidForums
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by meishkov
    That is some major BS. Especially right after that $30 upgrade fee got going for their imaginary workshops that they said people used. Haha what a joke

Sent from my OG using DroidForums
    I'm becoming less of a fan by the day honestly
    Current Phone: Galaxy Nexus
    Rom:Steel Droid v3.52
    Recovery:Clockworkmod Touch
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    What is everyone using to move apps to the ext2 partition on the sdcard? Link2sd? Is anyone having problems with their phone never going into deep sleep state when link2sd is installed?

I have an OG Droid running SD10.3. Everything about this rom is awesome except for my link2sd problem. My problem is that my phone will never go into the deep sleep state when link2sd is installed. My battery drains twice as fast and the battery use screen shows Android OS is using over 60%. Before this link2sd problem Android OS would be less than 10% and my phone would spend almost all of its time in deep sleep. If I uninstall just the link2sd app and reboot my phone I still have the same problem. I have to delete the link2sd mount script in /system/etc/init.d in order for my phone to return to normal.

In order to get link2sd to work at all I had to type modprobe ext2 into terminal emulator before I used link2sd to create the mount script. Then I had to use root explorer to add modprobe ext2 to the link2sd script. I tried using insmod /system/lib/modules/jbd.ko and insmod /system/lib/modules/ext2.ko but those lines did not work. Only modprobe ext2 worked. I formatted the ext2 partition on my sd card with CWM. Link2sd has worked for me before without the weird battery drain problem in other roms such as CM7.1.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can fix this battery drain issue when using link2sd? Or does anyone know of a good alternative to link2sd?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I just installed SD10.5 and I still have the exact same link2sd problem.
  7. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberjeff
    I just installed SD10.5 and I still have the exact same link2sd problem.
    I've honestly never used that app. Going to have to look into it sometime. Seems to be fairly popular.
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Chevy, do you use anything as an alternative to link2sd? These original droids seem to run out of internal storage space fast without using the ext2 partition. I really like this new Steel Droid rom a lot. Its the best I've used, other than this link2sd problem I'm having.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberjeff
    Chevy, do you use anything as an alternative to link2sd? These original droids seem to run out of internal storage space fast without using the ext2 partition. I really like this new Steel Droid rom a lot. Its the best I've used, other than this link2sd problem I'm having.
    Why ext2? ext3 is faster and offers data protection (journaling), ext4 is also supposed to be even faster and still has the data protection...

And it might depend if you link the dalvik cache files to the ext partition too, it's not recommended in the first place and the dalvik cache optimizations in steel Droid roms might make it even worse and cause the phone to drain battery faster

Btw it sounds like less of an app issue than an issue with mounting kernel modules, have you tried another kernel?
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    Why ext2? ext3 is faster and offers data protection (journaling), ext4 is also supposed to be even faster and still has the data protection...

And it might depend if you link the dalvik cache files to the ext partition too, it's not recommended in the first place and the dalvik cache optimizations in steel Droid roms might make it even worse and cause the phone to drain battery faster

Btw it sounds like less of an app issue than an issue with mounting kernel modules, have you tried another kernel?
    I used clockwork mod to format the sd card and I think it only allowed me to use ext2. I could try reformatting the sd card with a different program to use ext3 or ext4, but this used to work on other roms. It was working with CM7.1 for months with no battery drain issues.

I think your right about it not necessarily being an issue with the link2sd app. I think the issue is actually with the mounting script. After I uninstalled link2sd and renamed it's mounting script with .bak and rebooted my phone, it was back to normal. Then if I go into terminal emulator and do the modprode ext2 command, my phone still runs normal. Then if I place the original link2sd script back in the init.d folder and reboot my phone, my phone still runs normal. Then if I edit the link2sd script to include the modprobe ext2 line and reboot my phone, I get the problem again, my phone will not go into deep sleep state and the battery will drain 2 or 3 times faster than normal. So there is something about putting in the modprobe ext2 line into the link2sd script.

I haven't tried using any different kernals with Steel Droid yet.

Is there any other way of getting the ext2 partition mounted? I have already tried using the lines
    insmod /system/lib/modules/jbd.ko
    insmod /system/lib/modules/ext2.ko
    but those didnt work. Link2sd just kept trying to recreate the mounting script when I used those lines.

Links