DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 105 of 189 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1888
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -4-7-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardx View Post
    Thanks for keeping it alive. My OG is still my only phone. Waiting on some nice quad core qualcomms to come to Verizon to upgrade.
    Same here. I don't really feel the need to really upgrade yet the way steel Droid runs. Diminishing battery and lack of RAM r my only real incentives, so waiting on some quad core to come along. Might stick with moto if its as durable and reliable as this OG. I am pretty tempted to get the galaxy nexus, but I figure since its been like half a year since its been out, might as well wait for the next one

Sent from my OG using DroidForums
  2. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I am going to do a fresh build of my D1 ROM tonight, and get it ready. Should have it posted up either later tonight, or tomorrow. Im slowing things down a bit. I need a break, but cant peel myself away from developing. lol Its been a while since my last D1 update, so I figure I would at least give you guys something current, even if its not my final product. Its still stable, just not as polished as I would otherwise do.
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Deprimed stated hes going to be releasing another kernel for the OG Droid and it sounds like it'll be his final one, I hope he can get it out in time to make sure its fully compatible with SD.

Currently I'm using his kernel (test build #19 since I can't find 20, and the current test is unstable) over Chevyno1's since I can adjust the voltage & clocks to my whim. running 400mhz @ 30vsel and 1000 @ 60 is nice, save so much battery.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    I am going to do a fresh build of my D1 ROM tonight, and get it ready. Should have it posted up either later tonight, or tomorrow. Im slowing things down a bit. I need a break, but cant peel myself away from developing. lol Its been a while since my last D1 update, so I figure I would at least give you guys something current, even if its not my final product. Its still stable, just not as polished as I would otherwise do.
    Hell Yea man, awesome news. Congrats on developer of the month last month, didn't even see that thread til earlier. Your work has fully restored the life in my OG n has helped me stave off from upgrading. You can't stay away from dev'ing cuz its an obsession, and its a beautiful thing!!

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Oh yea before I forget, Chevy is there a way you can fix the custom background image under lockscreen options in Steel box? The lock screen background is just whatever your normal background is set to, doesn't matter what you set the lockscreen one to.

Was gonna try n dive into trying to theme the lock screen to try n make the slider buttons more transparent. Love the way that looks. That sg3 lockscreen with the dandelion n water ripples looks pretty fresh. Wonder if some Korean forum has ripped n ported it to somethin. Liked the xyboard lockscreen but couldn't find it ported to anything. Mostly just liked the circular unlock ring that rippled outwards as you held Your finger on it.

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxTrias View Post
    Deprimed stated hes going to be releasing another kernel for the OG Droid and it sounds like it'll be his final one, I hope he can get it out in time to make sure its fully compatible with SD.

Currently I'm using his kernel (test build #19 since I can't find 20, and the current test is unstable) over Chevyno1's since I can adjust the voltage & clocks to my whim. running 400mhz @ 30vsel and 1000 @ 60 is nice, save so much battery.
    I'm on kernel test 20, reports as #1 in About Phone under kernel version, if you need a copy. I couldn't even get the latest SD to boot with its included kernel, had to flash deprimed. I don't mess with vsels anymore, I used to run 1047mhz at like 76-78. Seems like you got one of the good OGs that can handle extreme low voltages and sustain stability.

7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Quote Originally Posted by meishkov View Post
    I'm on kernel test 20, reports as #1 in About Phone under kernel version, if you need a copy. I couldn't even get the latest SD to boot with its included kernel, had to flash deprimed. I don't mess with vsels anymore, I used to run 1047mhz at like 76-78. Seems like you got one of the good OGs that can handle extreme low voltages and sustain stability.

I'd love if you could provide a copy of that kernel. I'd heard it had some problems due to the implementation of BFS, however I'd love to see for myself rather then just trust rumor mill.

I checked his Git, and he had released about 5 or so revisisons after #20 that never got published, I've been tinkering with trying to get it to build. Royal pain.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    http://db.tt/Wp2iWsci

Yea prime's stuff has always seemed to run the best on my OG. Used to run chevyno1 kernels, does great work and is a great dev'er, but had to run medium voltage majority of the time. Pretty sure prime said he'd be releasing a new kernel sooner than his nexus kernel, which should be any day now.

9. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    I have two more updates for the Galaxy Nexus coming out in a few minutes. This update gets them both up to the same version level again, one themed, one not. Enjoy!
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

10. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    The GNex updates are up. Have a look. :-D Working on uploading v10.5 for the D1 right now. Tested and working! Much smoother than I thought it would be! Well worth it!
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

Links