DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Whats would you rate this release? (1 = worst, 5 = best)

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 STARS

63 58.88%
  • 4 STARS

31 28.97%
  • 3 STARS

6 5.61%
  • 2 STARS

3 2.80%
  • 1 STAR

6 5.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: [RELEASE] Steel Droid 9.0 Gingerbread - 11-17-2011

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Btw Chevy, think its possible to get in touch with chevyno1 and see if he could/would tell you how he got 1% battery to work for a future update? (Only issue with it is a nonstop low battery notification at the designated low battery warning but its still cool) I know he's been to busy to fix it so maybe you could try?

Supercharged tweaked Miui.us
    Primes deprimed kernel @ 1.2GHz w/ customized kickasskernel tweaks and 3g turbocharger
    19.9 linpack score
    1921 quadrant score
    Zoom zoom
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  2. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    201 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Well, I finally got done with my other projects, and its back to work on v10.0! Yeah, thats right. Im going to make this the biggest release ever (at least for me). Im planning multiple release types (themed and non-themed), fully loaded ROM, and stripped down ROM. I may be getting ahead of myself here, but I want this one to be amazing. I had originally planned to release this on March 10th (also happens to be my birthday ), but I dont think it can wait that long. I know the Droid 1 community is struggling to keep developers building ROMs for it, as its being outdated so quickly, most of you are probably wondering why you would even want to keep something so ancient as the OG Droid. Dont worry, I plan to keep this phone alive, both in my custom ROM, and my hardware mods! For those of you that still rock the OG, your in for a very awesome surprise in v10.0!
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  3. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    201 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    Btw Chevy, think its possible to get in touch with chevyno1 and see if he could/would tell you how he got 1% battery to work for a future update? (Only issue with it is a nonstop low battery notification at the designated low battery warning but its still cool) I know he's been to busy to fix it so maybe you could try?

Supercharged tweaked Miui.us
    Primes deprimed kernel @ 1.2GHz w/ customized kickasskernel tweaks and 3g turbocharger
    19.9 linpack score
    1921 quadrant score
    Zoom zoom
    I contacted ChevyNo1 a little bit ago about it. I dont think its anything like the Droid 3 services.jar mod for 1%, as the D1 hardware doesnt actually DO 1%. I think the D1 is limited to 5% max resolution on the battery stats. So he has probably written some code that makes an estimate base on the batterystats.bin info. If after a quick trip to recovery for flashing a theme or something, and you return to your system to be 5% to 10% off on the battery state, then I figure the mod isnt worth it. I would prefer to be more on track than that. If it doesnt work like it should, then I dont want to make people have to guess at the percentage of their battery. I live just fine with 10%, Im all good with it.

But there will be plenty more things to come! Might try and get my GoLauncher theme from v9.0 out onto the Market. Before you ask, yes, it will be free. There will also be a donate version, for those wishing to support my efforts. Im still having trouble with the v1.2 theme template, and its not compiling completely for me, but I have not got over all prerequisites with my system yet, I just havent had the time. If anyone can assist me, that would be awesome! Any theme devs on here done a GoLauncher theme for the market before?
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    Well, I finally got done with my other projects, and its back to work on v10.0! Yeah, thats right. Im going to make this the biggest release ever (at least for me). Im planning multiple release types (themed and non-themed), fully loaded ROM, and stripped down ROM. I may be getting ahead of myself here, but I want this one to be amazing. I had originally planned to release this on March 10th (also happens to be my birthday ), but I dont think it can wait that long. I know the Droid 1 community is struggling to keep developers building ROMs for it, as its being outdated so quickly, most of you are probably wondering why you would even want to keep something so ancient as the OG Droid. Dont worry, I plan to keep this phone alive, both in my custom ROM, and my hardware mods! For those of you that still rock the OG, your in for a very awesome surprise in v10.0!
    This sounds exciting! If you have multpiple releases i'll end up trying each of them lol I love trying different things out. I can not wait for your next release(s)!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Excellent to hear.

If I can help, my Droid is at your disposal.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Did you wipe dalvik/data/cache/system? I would wipe all 4 of those, reboot into recovery, wipe one more time, then flash, and see if that works. For some reason, I have had similar trouble like that before. Really strange, but thats how I got it to work (once in a blue moon, when I had that issue)
    that worked. instead of doing a Wipe All, I wiped each of the 4 you mentioned separately, rebooted to recovery, and did it again, then flashed. I'm not inside SD9.0 and trying it out. Thanks!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx/D1
    Hey chevy can't wait for SD 10. SD 9 is still my stable daily driver and has been for months. Lately I have been watching the progress on the ICS build and I am actually on the latest right now. Quite stable and runs pretty smooth for the most part. Just a few more bugs to work out. Any chance you will be taking a shot at ICS for the og?

Sent from my OG Droid running ICS!!! using Tapatalk
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by droidaddict101 View Post
    Hey chevy can't wait for SD 10. SD 9 is still my stable daily driver and has been for months. Lately I have been watching the progress on the ICS build and I am actually on the latest right now. Quite stable and runs pretty smooth for the most part. Just a few more bugs to work out. Any chance you will be taking a shot at ICS for the og?

Sent from my OG Droid running ICS!!! using Tapatalk
    I was gonna ask the same thing. But I didn't wanna push anything
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid,doird 2,3,4....5?
    Hey gang how is this running on the Droid3? I loaded it awhile back and loved it but was a bit to many bugs in it yet to use it on my every day phone. I really am excited to be able to load it thou
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I must have missed it bit what phone does this rom work on? Will.it work for the bionic? Running 5.9.901

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Links