DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Whats would you rate this release? (1 = worst, 5 = best)

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 STARS

63 58.88%
  • 4 STARS

31 28.97%
  • 3 STARS

6 5.61%
  • 2 STARS

3 2.80%
  • 1 STAR

6 5.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: [RELEASE] Steel Droid 9.0 Gingerbread - 11-17-2011

1. jev
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx D.E., Moto X
    Aside from the alarm setting fc (just swapped the deskclock.apk from petes gpa15), this is by far the most stable GB rom based on cm7 including CM7 that I've tried. And I've tried all of 'em. I use navigation all day with my job and on all the others I have at least one freeze up or random reboots per day but not on Steel. I haven't had any other issues at all. Great work as always Chevy!
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    A lot of these errors sound like results of not wiping before install. I know its repeated in every thead, and gets really annoying, but it really is a good point.

I will list the contents of each of the "extras" zips when I get a chance.

As for the Wireless Tether, that is NOT the same as the fixed WIFI. WIFI is referred to as the WIFI chip in the phone thats used to get the PHONE onto a WIFI HOTSPOT. Wireless Tether is used to make the phone BE the WIFI hotspot. Two different functions, and two different apps. If your trying to use your phone as a hotspot using Wireless Tether, make sure the device your connecting to the phone, runs on the same type of signal. Wireless A, B, G, N, and so on. You need to make sure it compatible with the phones output signal (its specific, and I dont remember offhand which kind it uses)

With the HOME button not working, and this has happened before, you need to go through Setup Wizard at least once. You dont have to go all the way through it, but you can at least do the 4-corner-bypass. After that, the home button will work like its supposed to. Dont ask me why that works like that, I have NO idea, and its completely stupid, but its required, just as it was in Froyo. I have yet to find a way of getting it to work without using Setup Wizard......
    My wireless tethering worked before and now it doesn't. I followed your instructions to the letter and I've been flashing ROMS for a while. I wiped everything and started fresh. I love your ROM so much I've switched from cvps which I've had for some time. I realize this may seem insignificant but tethering is my internet source at home currently and it's the only issue I have. I even tried my old wifitether apk with no luck. Has anyone else experienced problems with this?
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    rossi636
    Phone
    D1 and iP4S
    did you flash the extra apps zip file?

When I have a rom with everything working, I normally do a nandroid incase, down the road I tweak something that make another thing break. Do you have a Nandroid for when it was working? Assuming you had it working oh SD7 of coarse.
    David

►o·pen/ˈōpən/
    Accessible to all.
    Allowing access; not locked up.
    Having no means of closing or barring.
    Free from limitations, boundaries, or restrictions.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    I've already done a backup and flashed the zips but I'll give it another shot. I had to flash the ROM itself twice before my phone would boot. Lol. My poor Droid 1 is about done. I've worked for Verizon for almost 6 years and I can honestly say I've never had a phone I was more reluctant to give up. I just haven't seen anything appealing yet. The Droid X 2 will be nice with its dual-core but I can't believe they're not doing 4G. Sad. Needless to say it won't be my next phone. I don't think a dual-core 4G device is too much to ask. I'm trying it now. I'll let you know how it goes.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Reflashed my extra zips with no luck. : (
  6. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    201 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by chris79 View Post
    I flashed three different new kernels that I used with PE 6, but none are working with this rom. I tried installing Chevy's TUN, but still a no go. I rely on VPN from my phone to telnet into Cisco switches. Any idea whats broken in this one compared to 6.3?
    The VPN Services app was removed. I forgot to include it in the Extra Apps package. Here is it all by itself, for those that still need it.
    Attached Files
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chris79 View Post
    I flashed three different new kernels that I used with PE 6, but none are working with this rom. I tried installing Chevy's TUN, but still a no go. I rely on VPN from my phone to telnet into Cisco switches. Any idea whats broken in this one compared to 6.3?
    The VPN Services app was removed. I forgot to include it in the Extra Apps package. Here is it all by itself, for those that still need it.
    I have the same problem with vpn connections. I flashed the VPN-fix and it still doesn't work.

Chevy, should that go into system/apps not data/apps?
    Last edited by glynch; 05-19-2011 at 01:03 PM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus / OG Droid
    Cheers to a great Rom!

The only issue I had was the Alarm Clock FC's which was easily fixed with Root Explorer and a working Deskclock.apk.

I maybe blind, but is there a way to adjust the battery icon to show percentage? I, for the life of me, cannot find it.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    rossi636
    Phone
    D1 and iP4S
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano78 View Post
    Cheers to a great Rom!

The only issue I had was the Alarm Clock FC's which was easily fixed with Root Explorer and a working Deskclock.apk.

I maybe blind, but is there a way to adjust the battery icon to show percentage? I, for the life of me, cannot find it.
    This is CM 7 based, so it is located in the Steel Box settings/user interface/status bar tweaks.
    David

►o·pen/ˈōpən/
    Accessible to all.
    Allowing access; not locked up.
    Having no means of closing or barring.
    Free from limitations, boundaries, or restrictions.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus / OG Droid
    Awesome! Thank you! I was too busy setting it up to my liking, I skipped that one I guess

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Links