DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    well sorry to pester you guys, but i seem to have ran into the same problem, i dont know if anyone else has had the upgrading apps dialogue when they reset their phones, but it seems to happen to me whenever i reboot my phone. i have issues with the keypad sticking with using shortcuts, long pressed the search button. fixed all except the a key highlights all my text and wont type the letter a.

has anyone else had any of these issues?

i am currently sbf"ing my phone again from said error in my first post.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3

Help for a Mac User...?

Hi all,

I've been running v5.6 for a month or so now, and everything was working fine for a while, but now I've run into a few issues:

GPS rarely works.
    Physical keyboard stops working every once in a while. Need to reboot to fix.
    Sometimes I lose audio in phone calls. For example, I'll call someone, and it'll connect, but I can't hear them and they can't hear me. Need to reboot to fix this also.

Anyway, since none of these things are listed as known bugs, I want to get back to stock to see if they continue, and if they do, then I can get a replacement phone from VZW.

And this is where I'm stuck. I can't figure out for the life of me how to get back to stock. All of the simple solutions seem to be Windows only solutions. I'm pretty sure I found a way to do this when I first installed the SteelDroid, but I can't seem to find it now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS - Here's my phone info:

Baseband version: N_03.18.32P

Kernal version: 2.6.35.7-g5fa4155 xrpk47@il93lnxdroid25 #1

Build number: Steel Droid ICS (D3) 5.6
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by brlebu View Post
    Hi all,

I've been running v5.6 for a month or so now, and everything was working fine for a while, but now I've run into a few issues:

GPS rarely works.
    Physical keyboard stops working every once in a while. Need to reboot to fix.
    Sometimes I lose audio in phone calls. For example, I'll call someone, and it'll connect, but I can't hear them and they can't hear me. Need to reboot to fix this also.
    That's weird, I have none of these probs, GPS works great (since my foursquare is working, I am pretty sure GPS's working)
    keyboard works fine~~ except no backlight until i change the brightness of the screen (which is known)
    audio was fine, both phone calls and music.

my phone's info.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid3
    - GPS: It can be slow to pick up a signal. I usually toggle it off and on a couple times, and then if it still doesn't pick up a signal in a minute or so, I open a GPS Status app to confirm that the GPS is locating satellites. - Physical Keyboard: I also noticed that while it doesn't stop working, it gets stuck in a shortcut mode, where pressing a button causes an app to start, as if the menu key is locked on. Have to reboot to fix it. - Are you using a Bluetooth headset? Bluetooth has to be turned off if you don't have a device connected to it, otherwise audio doesn't work through the phone's internal speaker.
    Hi all, I've been running v5.6 for a month or so now, and everything was working fine for a while, but now I've run into a few issues: GPS rarely works. Physical keyboard stops working every once in a while. Need to reboot to fix. Sometimes I lose audio in phone calls. For example, I'll call someone, and it'll connect, but I can't hear them and they can't hear me. Need to reboot to fix this also. Anyway, since none of these things are listed as known bugs, I want to get back to stock to see if they continue, and if they do, then I can get a replacement phone from VZW. And this is where I'm stuck. I can't figure out for the life of me how to get back to stock. All of the simple solutions seem to be Windows only solutions. I'm pretty sure I found a way to do this when I first installed the SteelDroid, but I can't seem to find it now. Any help would be greatly appreciated! PS - Here's my phone info: Baseband version: N_03.18.32P Kernal version: 2.6.35.7-g5fa4155 xrpk47@il93lnxdroid25 #1 Build number: Steel Droid ICS (D3) 5.6
  5. I r Teh Greetest
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Twitter
    yonnor
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamehome View Post
    - GPS: It can be slow to pick up a signal. I usually toggle it off and on a couple times, and then if it still doesn't pick up a signal in a minute or so, I open a GPS Status app to confirm that the GPS is locating satellites. - Physical Keyboard: I also noticed that while it doesn't stop working, it gets stuck in a shortcut mode, where pressing a button causes an app to start, as if the menu key is locked on. Have to reboot to fix it. - Are you using a Bluetooth headset? Bluetooth has to be turned off if you don't have a device connected to it, otherwise audio doesn't work through the phone's internal speaker.
    Tip for the Keyboard stuck in shortcut mode: Press & Hold the "Search" softkey for a few seconds and it should work fine.
    | Galaxy S4 | Eclipse v3/Hyperdrive RSL15 |
    |
    |

6. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Twitter
    BlackBlizzNerd
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2/Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    Hi all,

• GPS rarely works.
    • Physical keyboard stops working every once in a while. Need to reboot to fix.
    • Sometimes I lose audio in phone calls. For example, I'll call someone, and it'll connect, but I can't hear them and they can't hear me. Need to reboot to fix this also.

Anyway, since none of these things are listed as known bugs, I want to get back to stock to see if they continue, and if they do, then I can get a replacement phone from VZW.

And this is where I'm stuck. I can't figure out for the life of me how to get back to stock. All of the simple solutions seem to be Windows only solutions. I'm pretty sure I found a way to do this when I first installed the SteelDroid, but I can't seem to find it now.

Also, if you haven't already, try reflashing the ROM. I experienced this a few times on my Droid 3 and flashing it dirty again usually solved my problems. Beware, it could mess things up.. but I never had that problem personally. You could always make a back up to be safe, too.
    ---

And dang! I haven't been around the Droid 3 section in a long time. Glad to see there's still support. (: I'm running this on my Droid 3 right now (which I use for a media device now).
    II New Signature Finally! Made by Me II II Rooted Galaxy Nexus II
    II - AOKP AXIOM MORPHR - II
    II Want a signature like mine? Ask on Twtter! II

II Link to my work: http://tinypic.com/BenLand150 II
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3 .906 Cm9 Alpha #2 ICS w/Krn
    can u flash this on sys 5.7.906?
  8. I r Teh Greetest
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Twitter
    yonnor
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by will17721 View Post
    can u flash this on sys 5.7.906?
    Yes you can, it works great.

Butt-Dialed from my Hamburger Phone
    | Galaxy S4 | Eclipse v3/Hyperdrive RSL15 |
    |
    |

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Hi all,

• GPS rarely works.
    • Physical keyboard stops working every once in a while. Need to reboot to fix.
    • Sometimes I lose audio in phone calls. For example, I'll call someone, and it'll connect, but I can't hear them and they can't hear me. Need to reboot to fix this also.

The loss of phone Audio is a known bug with all ICS builds.

End the call, turn bluetooth on, wait about 10 secs, turn bluetooth off, and then make you call, the audio will be back
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by drknes View Post
    The loss of phone Audio is a known bug with all ICS builds.

End the call, turn bluetooth on, wait about 10 secs, turn bluetooth off, and then make you call, the audio will be back
    That's why I stay with CM7. Works perfect for what I need the phone for and battery is awesome. Just saying

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast

Links