DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3 - SD 5.3
    Quote Originally Posted by elias01 View Post
    I am a newbie here, with droid 3 + stock rom 906 for long time... until now . Finally got the droid 3 running ICS with this custom rom and I love it!!!!! THanks for such a nicely built rom, everyone benefits.

1 prob i spot that affects me so far, is about scanning QR code. QR code is getting more popular and is everywhere now. The prob is, i am using the same QR code decoding program (Quickmark) since forever, it reads qr code fine until i flashed the phone to steel droid 5.6. the camera keeps trying to focus, sometimes it got the clear focus, but still won't take the scan, and keeps on focusing .I wonder if this is something to do with the camera or what? or do you have a preferred QR code app that will work on this rom, I would love to try.

anyway~this is already a pretty complete ICS for droid 3. I thank you for that.
    QR code scanning doesn't work with SD ICS on the Droid 3. I've tried numerous scanning apps and none of them will focus properly and scan the code.
  2. I r Teh Greetest
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    GNex & D3
    Quote Originally Posted by sc123 View Post
    QR code scanning doesn't work with SD ICS on the Droid 3. I've tried numerous scanning apps and none of them will focus properly and scan the code.
    Unfortunately the auto-focus is broken for the time being so none of the scanners will work. We're hoping to have it ironed out when the kexec builds start rolling out.
    | Galaxy S4 | Eclipse v2 w/ Project Elite Kernel |
    | ASUS Transformer | Team EOS Nightlies |

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonnor View Post
    Unfortunately the auto-focus is broken for the time being so none of the scanners will work. We're hoping to have it ironed out when the kexec builds start rolling out.

Thanks. good to know... at least I know. Hope the next ver. cover this matter.
  4. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    201 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    While I appreciate all the feedback I receive from users about my work, I have to draw the line somewhere. Mission man, that's really not constructive in any fashion. While I DO agree, my OP needs updated with more info in the bugs section, you have to understand, I don't have all day and night to sit around working on finding every little bug in a ROM. I have a full time job, family, friends, and time for myself, away from Android.

Bottom line, and this goes for everyone (its a cover-all statement), if your going to post rants like that, that are not polite, and offensive, I will ignore you, delete your post, and report you if I feel its necessary. I don't want to have to do that, but if you want to get me to do something about an issue you have, you have to be polite, honest, detailed, and constructive, even if its criticism. I'm not the best developer out there by any means, and that means there WILL be issues, some of which are out of my control, like the camera and video codecs for example. When another stable base is sufficiently ready, I will start to build from it. Just be patient with me. Good things come to those who wait (and are polite).

Please be friendly, and keep the forum clean, we have young kids on this forum, and we need to set a good example.
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Hi Guys,

I Hope someone can help me....

I have been running 5.6 in safestrap for a while, and have been really happy with it, so happy in fact, that I want it to replace the stock ROM as my non-safe ROM.

The problem that I'm having is that I install it using Hash's Tweeked bootloader, which works great, but I want to install Safestrap and play with other ROMs as well.
    When I follow hash's process Here, to remove CWM, on the next boot, my phone goes through a process of updating applications, and starting applications after the splash screen, but it never comes out of the starting applications screen.
    If I do a battery pull, and reboot the phone, it hangs on the splash screen, and the only way to get the phone working again is to SBF back to stock, root, install CWM and install Steel Droid again from scratch.

Has anyone else come across this before, or knows a way to resolve this.

Thanks
    Adrian
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid XT862

Thanks for your all efforts to bring us soon a stable ICS rom for Droid 3

Every person at this forum will be patien for that rom, take your time Chevycam94 .
    Yonnor likes this.
  7. I r Teh Greetest
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    GNex & D3
    Quote Originally Posted by drknes View Post
    Hi Guys,

I Hope someone can help me....

I have been running 5.6 in safestrap for a while, and have been really happy with it, so happy in fact, that I want it to replace the stock ROM as my non-safe ROM.

The problem that I'm having is that I install it using Hash's Tweeked bootloader, which works great, but I want to install Safestrap and play with other ROMs as well.
    When I follow hash's process Here, to remove CWM, on the next boot, my phone goes through a process of updating applications, and starting applications after the splash screen, but it never comes out of the starting applications screen.
    If I do a battery pull, and reboot the phone, it hangs on the splash screen, and the only way to get the phone working again is to SBF back to stock, root, install CWM and install Steel Droid again from scratch.

Has anyone else come across this before, or knows a way to resolve this.

Thanks
    Adrian
    Might be a dumb suggestion but once you uninstalled the Bootstrap and then installed Safestrap, did you click "Remove Recovery" 1st?

I haven't used Safestrap in a bit so idk if that'll help. I'll try and give it a shot Friday when I'm off work though.
    | Galaxy S4 | Eclipse v2 w/ Project Elite Kernel |
    | ASUS Transformer | Team EOS Nightlies |

8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3

Droid 3 Steel droid 5.6 constant reboot

I have a Droid 3 and just flashed steel droid 5.6.890SBF with RSD 5 times now following steps on: [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

I have flashed all sorts of roms over the past few years so am not a newbie. After RSD gets to step 18/18, my Droid 3 just keeps rebooting from Red eye to "droid" image then back to the red eye. Does this for hours. Any suggestions? I previously had 5.5 steel droid running but it did random reboots, then finally stuck on boot animation on every reboot. 5.5 worked for about a week.

Thanks.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    I'll give it a try and let you know how i get on
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonnor View Post
    Might be a dumb suggestion but once you uninstalled the Bootstrap and then installed Safestrap, did you click "Remove Recovery" 1st?

I haven't used Safestrap in a bit so idk if that'll help. I'll try and give it a shot Friday when I'm off work though.
    That worked, thanks for the help

EDIT: I was a little hasty in replying, that did not work, I get the same fault after a reboot
    Last edited by drknes; 08-23-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Links