DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Thanks!! It worked. now I'm just dealing with having google reinstall the applications.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Clockworkmod recovery on reboot

Hello everyone,
    After I installed this Rom (of course following all steps in the first post), whenever I start/restart the phone it starts in clockworkmod recovery so for turn on I must select "reboot system now" option, after this the phone starts up. Someone can help my by removing this uncomfortable problem? thank you very much!

P.S.: Probably excuse me for my english!
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    my mms's will not download. whenever i receieve an image via text message, it says download failed.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Ive been using this rom for a day and just gotta say im really loving it, i love the theme it comes with and the look is amazing. one problem though, im not sure if its my charger or my phone but it seems to not be charging, i had it charging for about an hour and the battery was actually going Down even though the screen was off and it was connected and even said it was charging, anyone have any input?
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 3
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyz View Post
    Ive been using this rom for a day and just gotta say im really loving it, i love the theme it comes with and the look is amazing. one problem though, im not sure if its my charger or my phone but it seems to not be charging, i had it charging for about an hour and the battery was actually going Down even though the screen was off and it was connected and even said it was charging, anyone have any input?
    Turn Phone off, Plug The Phone to your charger, If your phone turns on; The Charger Should be working. If not, It could be your battery. (You can get one on the Moto Site)
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Hey all, first off of course, Thanks to Chevy for fantastic ICS mod.

Unfortunately two consistent problems.

1) Sometimes my camera becomes locks and becomes completely unresponsive (cannot connect to camera) and I have to reset the phone. Any suggestions?

2) I am consistently having trouble with GPS signal though. I've tried using it about 15 times in the last week. I go to Maps, type in the address, Directions, then Navigate. Without fail, EVERY time, GPS is unable to lock signal. I tried to toggle GPS on and off (waiting 10-20 seconds) and try all again, since that worked in Gingerbread. That worked maybe 1/2 the time. The other half, I tried a full restart and repeated process. That worked a couple times. There have been maybe 3-5 times no matter how many times I toggle, or even after a couple resets, my phone cannot get GPS signal. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm running a fresh install

SBF obtained from [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012 5.6.890 SBF

ROM obtained from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ste...ice-added.html SD3_5500.zip - 124.78 MB - TRUE ICS

Also my video camera doesn't work, but it appears that's to be expected?
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by spissatus
    Hey all, first off of course, Thanks to Chevy for fantastic ICS mod.

Unfortunately two consistent problems.

1) Sometimes my camera becomes locks and becomes completely unresponsive (cannot connect to camera) and I have to reset the phone. Any suggestions?

2) I am consistently having trouble with GPS signal though. I've tried using it about 15 times in the last week. I go to Maps, type in the address, Directions, then Navigate. Without fail, EVERY time, GPS is unable to lock signal. I tried to toggle GPS on and off (waiting 10-20 seconds) and try all again, since that worked in Gingerbread. That worked maybe 1/2 the time. The other half, I tried a full restart and repeated process. That worked a couple times. There have been maybe 3-5 times no matter how many times I toggle, or even after a couple resets, my phone cannot get GPS signal. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm running a fresh install

SBF obtained from [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012 5.6.890 SBF

ROM obtained from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ste...ice-added.html SD3_5500.zip - 124.78 MB - TRUE ICS

Also my video camera doesn't work, but it appears that's to be expected?
    1. Problems are expected with the camera. It's a software camera. If you want to read more go to blog.hash-of-codes.com (also answers the question about the video camera.)

2. I'm not sure if yours just isn't working or its taking forever, which makes you think its not functioning. If its the latter, what I would do is go to the market and search for "fix gps". I can't remember the name at the moment but what it will do is change what regions the phone is searching for the gps in. You just have to change it to your region and then reboot.

Edit: the app is called "Faster Fix"
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Thanks Sheffy007 the Faster Fix seems to have worked all day when I used it maybe a dozen times. Great save!

Droid 3 camera.... what a disaster. IMO even the Motorola Citrus had better stills.... and now the video isn't working. Oh well. Thanks for info anyway.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by spissatus
    Thanks Sheffy007 the Faster Fix seems to have worked all day when I used it maybe a dozen times. Great save!

Droid 3 camera.... what a disaster. IMO even the Motorola Citrus had better stills.... and now the video isn't working. Oh well. Thanks for info anyway.
    My pleasure!
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Not sure if anyone else is having this issue or not, but It's happened twice now today. After installing 5.6 this morning, I noticed that if my screen stays off for a certain amount of time (usually for around 20 minutes or more), my phone becomes unresponsive, and by unresponsive I mean the screen stays black but the menu buttons remain lit after I push the power/wake button, then nothing happens. The only way to get the phone to come back to is by removing the battery, and so far it's happened twice since this morning. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the overclock settling in, but I will try a fresh install to see if that fixes it. Is anyone having the same issue or does anyone know what could be wrong?
Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Links