so, factory reset and then re-root and then reflash?
I have one question :
I have a Droid 3 rooted with Safestrap installed, i tried CM9 but the phone.apk did not work.
Can i just download this room and install ? I already have a bkp of my 2.3.5 room.
Hi, I'm new to rooting, I followed the instructions to the best of my abilities, but when I turn on safemode and I am trying to install zip from sd, I choose the zip and it gets to installing package and then it says installation aborted.. Any help? :/
PS: I once previously had rooted and installed ROM Toolbox lite and rom manager, don't know if they have any other bootstraps, but I did uninstall them anyways.
Safestrap instructions and flashing a zip file:Originally Posted by AerikD
1. In main menu select backup and restore, select backup, select internal sd or external sd ( I recomend external just in case something happens and you loose everything on internal sd) and it will create a back up. Go back to main menu.
2. In main menu select factory data reset and select yes.
3. In main menu select Wipe cache and select yes.
4. In main menu select advanced and select Wipe delvik cache and yes. Go back to main menu.
5. In main select safe system and toggle safe system and yes. This will turn safe system on and create a backup. Go back to main menu.
6. Select install zip from sdcard and select choose install zip, scroll to where your zip is (rom if your installing a rom) and select it then select yes. This will flash the zip.
7. Select go back to go back to main menu and select reboot phone.
8. Sit back and relax till system is fully loaded and give it about 5 to 10 minutes to settle.
Congratulations you have just installed safestrap, activated safe system and flashed a zip or rom and good to go. Enjoy
Note: if safestrap is installed and you want to just flash a zip for installing a differfent theme just boot into recovery and flash the zip like you would a rom just don't need to wipe everything just flash.