DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 721
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

  1. Senior Droid
    Sheffy007's Avatar
    Member #
    225176
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    103
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by eroc1990 View Post
    Such as what? And either way, I'm losing all the user data I just set up the other day, aren't I?
    Yes, you are. And stuff sometime just doesn't work. You can try without wiping but problems might happen. Just a fair warning.
  2. Junior Droid
    Hilokilo's Avatar
    Member #
    255985
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    19
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    How come all Droid 3 ICS doesn't support app2sd?
    If I'm mistaken, can anyone help me out?
  3. Senior Droid
    Sheffy007's Avatar
    Member #
    225176
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    103
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilokilo
    How come all Droid 3 ICS doesn't support app2sd?
    If I'm mistaken, can anyone help me out?
    ICS doesn't support app2sd in general.
  4. Droid
    MikeTheCat's Avatar
    Member #
    263713
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    45
    Phone
    DROID 3
    Ah, A new version.

    I can't really see that big of a difference. But, eh.

    Anyway, I have a small suggestion.

    This: http://goo.gl/QuPSt Is by far the best general file explorer I have ever seen. It is adless, Very Professional, Easy to use and it even has a very nice ICS theme. You should try it out. I think it's a great improvement over Doggie F.M, which is what you currently have preloaded on this ROM. So try it out, If you like it, I suggest you put it as the default file explorer that comes with STEEL DROID 5.x

    This is only a suggestion, Of course.

    Anyway, Thanks for all your hard work, And I am looking forward to future versions!
  5. Junior Droid
    Hilokilo's Avatar
    Member #
    255985
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    19
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheffy007 View Post
    ICS doesn't support app2sd in general.
    Really? How about Nexus S? that phone has app to sd, in fact, it's called usb mode or something. Does this only apply for nexus? Thanks.
  6. Senior Droid
    Sheffy007's Avatar
    Member #
    225176
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    103
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilokilo

    Really? How about Nexus S? that phone has app to sd, in fact, it's called usb mode or something. Does this only apply for nexus? Thanks.
    I'm not sure. I read somewhere that one of the project heads for ICS (maybe Mattias Duarte) said that the framework wouldn't support installing apps on the sd card. The Nexus S might be the exception in the case.
  7. Droid
    MikeTheCat's Avatar
    Member #
    263713
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    45
    Phone
    DROID 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheffy007

    I'm not sure. I read somewhere that one of the project heads for ICS (maybe Mattias Duarte) said that the framework wouldn't support installing apps on the sd card. The Nexus S might be the exception in the case.
    The last time I saw anything about App To SD was on my old DROID 1.

    Is it really even that useful? Barely any Apps were even supported.

    Paw Typed Without Thumbs From My Mouse Phone
  8. Junior Droid
    Hilokilo's Avatar
    Member #
    255985
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    19
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheCat View Post
    The last time I saw anything about App To SD was on my old DROID 1.

    Is it really even that useful? Barely any Apps were even supported.
    Paw Typed Without Thumbs From My Mouse Phone
    on. F gut a

    Well actually, I find it quite useful as I can forcefully move the immovable apps. Some apps are quite large and my small 2gb internal storage just can't help it. I don't know why, but my old phone (Droid X) had 8gb internal storage, so the app2sd feature was not so obligatory for me.
    Since on my Droid 3, it has cut down the 3/4 of X's size and IMHO, I find it getting hard to used to.

    Excuse my French.
  9. Junior Droid
    cocodude's Avatar
    Member #
    266728
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Daaz View Post
    anyone elses keyboard going nuts? half the time its like i'm holding some invisible alt key down
    Yes, I have this. I haven't figured it out, but swiping my hand across the entire keyboard (pressing every button) seems to release whatever this invisible key is.

    On a different note, has anybody got applications that use the microphone working on SD 5.6? I can't get Shazam, Sound Hound or even the microphone sensor on Elixir to respond. Also, am I right in thinking that Opera and Google Chrome don't display anything because hardware codecs aren't available yet?
  10. Senior Droid
    Sheffy007's Avatar
    Member #
    225176
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    103
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by cocodude
    On a different note, has anybody got applications that use the microphone working on SD 5.6? I can't get Shazam, Sound Hound or even the microphone sensor on Elixir to respond. Also, am I right in thinking that Opera and Google Chrome don't display anything because hardware codecs aren't available yet?
    I haven't tried those apps but I use Dragon Go and google voice search and they both work.

    Also, that is the case for Chrome. I wasn't aware opera wasn't working.
Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013
    By chevycam94 in forum Steel Droid - D3
    Replies: 1441
    Last Post: 10-26-2013, 07:26 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2011, 02:58 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-30-2011, 11:46 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 08:49 PM

Search tags for this page

droid 3 ice cream sandwich

,
droid 3 ics
,

droid 3 ics rom

,
droid bionic ice cream sandwich
,

droid charge ice cream sandwich

,
droid razr ice cream sandwich
,

droid x ice cream sandwich

,

ice cream sandwich rom

,
steel droid 5.6
,
steel droid ics
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+