Please bear with me, seeing this is my very first time rooting and installing a ROM on any phone. I've followed all your instructions and set up Safestrap to boot to the installed SteelDroid ICS mod, which is awesome.
I have a problem though, I can't get my service back on. When I go to the menu and I try to click on "Mobile Networks", it gives me this error...
"Unfortunately, this process com.android.phone has stopped."
Every time I try to open the Network menu. So I can't reactivate my phone because it has no network connection/service. I do have working wifi though but that won't help me with reactivation via *228.
Any tips on this? I've searched for a fix on this but the results I've found are irrelevant, due to the situation being different from mine.
Thanks and keep up the good work.
I have had that error as well. I will see what happens with my new build, when I get it to actually build. lol
! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
Stock VS98012B (rooted)
Motorola Droid 1
Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery
Galaxy Nexus (32GB)
If you like my work, please donate!
Yesterday I modded my phone for the first time. I've got SafeStrap, ClockwordMod, made the appropriate backups, and loaded this steel droid version. Everything has been a breeze except the original rooting needed to take into account that I had updated.
I have 2 questions. Forgive me if they are n00bish:
- Netflix doesn't run. Is this due to the video codec issue mentioned in the original post?
- Notifications - I can't clear them from the dragged down popup? I have to actually view the full notification even when it means firing up the associated app? Is there something I'm missing?
- Playing something from netflix plays about 5 seconds of black screen without audio, then the timer on the seek bar halts at 5 seconds - app doesn't crash, just sits there "playing" at the 5 second mark with a black screen and no audio. If I seek to somewhere else the seek bar will go where I tell it to and it will "buffer" but it won't play. If I hit pause and hit play again the button will react but the seek timer doesn't continue and the screen is still black.
- I see no 'X' but flicking to the right works perfectly, thanks!
- Reboot - no change
- Uninstall/Reinstall - no change
- Clear netflix data cache - no change
- Tried both 3G and Wifi - no change
Last edited by mcaden; 05-22-2012 at 12:08 PM.
A bigger problem I've noticed is that the MIC does not work. I tried to call someone and I could hear them but they couldn't hear me. This is a BIG problem. I got this phone so I COULD call people.
I'd try to get this problem fixed ASAP. It's the only one I can't bear with. And It's the worst.
EDIT: I've found that Netflix does actually play audio for that few seconds that it seems to play. Screen still black. I switched to the default launcher - no change, and I've updated Nova - no change. Is it safe to assume that the cause of the issue is the HW Video Codec that Chevycam mentions in the original post?
Last edited by mcaden; 05-23-2012 at 03:29 PM.