DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 31 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 3
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    I hope to have a new build, v5.5, soon. Dont know when. Its takinga while to get the build environment to build again. Hashcode has made some commits, but they have yet to be reviewed. Its not over, just taking a long time. lol
    Skipping v5.4? lol. Anyway, when the new version comes out, I'll flash it like a rocket. This ROM is awesome!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    VZ Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheCat View Post
    It worked for me after I went back to stock then went through all the steps again.
    Did you unroot your phone and start over?
    OG Droid--> Droid 3--->Galaxy Nexus rooted running 4.1
    Asus Transformer Prime with ICS goodness
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Hello,

Please bear with me, seeing this is my very first time rooting and installing a ROM on any phone. I've followed all your instructions and set up Safestrap to boot to the installed SteelDroid ICS mod, which is awesome.

I have a problem though, I can't get my service back on. When I go to the menu and I try to click on "Mobile Networks", it gives me this error...

"Unfortunately, this process com.android.phone has stopped."

Every time I try to open the Network menu. So I can't reactivate my phone because it has no network connection/service. I do have working wifi though but that won't help me with reactivation via *228.

Any tips on this? I've searched for a fix on this but the results I've found are irrelevant, due to the situation being different from mine.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
  4. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    201 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I have had that error as well. I will see what happens with my new build, when I get it to actually build. lol
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3

New user

Yesterday I modded my phone for the first time. I've got SafeStrap, ClockwordMod, made the appropriate backups, and loaded this steel droid version. Everything has been a breeze except the original rooting needed to take into account that I had updated.

I have 2 questions. Forgive me if they are n00bish:

1. Netflix doesn't run. Is this due to the video codec issue mentioned in the original post?
    2. Notifications - I can't clear them from the dragged down popup? I have to actually view the full notification even when it means firing up the associated app? Is there something I'm missing?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mcaden View Post
    Yesterday I modded my phone for the first time. I've got SafeStrap, ClockwordMod, made the appropriate backups, and loaded this steel droid version. Everything has been a breeze except the original rooting needed to take into account that I had updated.

I have 2 questions. Forgive me if they are n00bish:

1. Netflix doesn't run. Is this due to the video codec issue mentioned in the original post?
    2. Notifications - I can't clear them from the dragged down popup? I have to actually view the full notification even when it means firing up the associated app? Is there something I'm missing?
    1. Netflix works just fine for me.
    2. Flick the notifications to the right or click the 'X' in the top right corner.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    2. Flick the notifications to the right or click the 'X' in the top right corner.
    1. Playing something from netflix plays about 5 seconds of black screen without audio, then the timer on the seek bar halts at 5 seconds - app doesn't crash, just sits there "playing" at the 5 second mark with a black screen and no audio. If I seek to somewhere else the seek bar will go where I tell it to and it will "buffer" but it won't play. If I hit pause and hit play again the button will react but the seek timer doesn't continue and the screen is still black.
    2. I see no 'X' but flicking to the right works perfectly, thanks!

Update:
    1. Reboot - no change
    2. Uninstall/Reinstall - no change
    3. Clear netflix data cache - no change
    4. Tried both 3G and Wifi - no change
    Last edited by mcaden; 05-22-2012 at 12:08 PM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I am curious how you got Netflix working. I haven't been able to get it working in any ICS roms. Thanks
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pondd View Post
    I am curious how you got Netflix working. I haven't been able to get it working in any ICS roms. Thanks
    It just is. I dunno how.

A bigger problem I've noticed is that the MIC does not work. I tried to call someone and I could hear them but they couldn't hear me. This is a BIG problem. I got this phone so I COULD call people.

I'd try to get this problem fixed ASAP. It's the only one I can't bear with. And It's the worst.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    It just is. I dunno how.

A bigger problem I've noticed is that the MIC does not work. I tried to call someone and I could hear them but they couldn't hear me. This is a BIG problem. I got this phone so I COULD call people.

I'd try to get this problem fixed ASAP. It's the only one I can't bear with. And It's the worst.
    All the call functionality I tested works fine for me. This includes dial, voice dial, calling, receiving calls, speaker phone. I saw conference call functionality but didn't test it.

EDIT: I've found that Netflix does actually play audio for that few seconds that it seems to play. Screen still black. I switched to the default launcher - no change, and I've updated Nova - no change. Is it safe to assume that the cause of the issue is the HW Video Codec that Chevycam mentions in the original post?
    Last edited by mcaden; 05-23-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Page 31 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Links