Please bear with me, seeing this is my very first time rooting and installing a ROM on any phone. I've followed all your instructions and set up Safestrap to boot to the installed SteelDroid ICS mod, which is awesome.
I have a problem though, I can't get my service back on. When I go to the menu and I try to click on "Mobile Networks", it gives me this error...
"Unfortunately, this process com.android.phone has stopped."
Every time I try to open the Network menu. So I can't reactivate my phone because it has no network connection/service. I do have working wifi though but that won't help me with reactivation via *228.
Any tips on this? I've searched for a fix on this but the results I've found are irrelevant, due to the situation being different from mine.
Thanks and keep up the good work.
I have had that error as well. I will see what happens with my new build, when I get it to actually build. lol
Motorola Droid 1
Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery
Droid 3 v5.0 (5.7.906-based)
Galaxy Nexus (32GB)
Steel Droid GNex JELLYBEAN v8.0 FINAL (AOSP 4.3 Hybrid)
Vanir custom kernel
TWRP 188.8.131.52 Recovery
JRO03O bootloader and JDQ39 radios
If you like my work, please donate!
Yesterday I modded my phone for the first time. I've got SafeStrap, ClockwordMod, made the appropriate backups, and loaded this steel droid version. Everything has been a breeze except the original rooting needed to take into account that I had updated.
I have 2 questions. Forgive me if they are n00bish:
- Netflix doesn't run. Is this due to the video codec issue mentioned in the original post?
- Notifications - I can't clear them from the dragged down popup? I have to actually view the full notification even when it means firing up the associated app? Is there something I'm missing?
- Playing something from netflix plays about 5 seconds of black screen without audio, then the timer on the seek bar halts at 5 seconds - app doesn't crash, just sits there "playing" at the 5 second mark with a black screen and no audio. If I seek to somewhere else the seek bar will go where I tell it to and it will "buffer" but it won't play. If I hit pause and hit play again the button will react but the seek timer doesn't continue and the screen is still black.
- I see no 'X' but flicking to the right works perfectly, thanks!
- Reboot - no change
- Uninstall/Reinstall - no change
- Clear netflix data cache - no change
- Tried both 3G and Wifi - no change
Last edited by mcaden; 05-22-2012 at 01:08 PM.
A bigger problem I've noticed is that the MIC does not work. I tried to call someone and I could hear them but they couldn't hear me. This is a BIG problem. I got this phone so I COULD call people.
I'd try to get this problem fixed ASAP. It's the only one I can't bear with. And It's the worst.
EDIT: I've found that Netflix does actually play audio for that few seconds that it seems to play. Screen still black. I switched to the default launcher - no change, and I've updated Nova - no change. Is it safe to assume that the cause of the issue is the HW Video Codec that Chevycam mentions in the original post?
Last edited by mcaden; 05-23-2012 at 04:29 PM.