Hey Chevy, on an off note, would you consider putting a restart option in the next version or next update of steel droid? or if there is a way for me to add restart to my phone, im all ears also. i have 3.0 and love it, it has worked flawlessly for me. im a bit of a noob but the install was very easy! Excellent work man! keep up the good work and as with most everyone here, i look forward to seeing what goodies you come up with next. Thanks for your time!
My Steel Droid D3 is Smarter than your Honor Student
I love the clean and neat nature of your ROM's. I have used your ROM in my "OG Droid 1" Days, and now on the Droid 3.
I would like to mention that I having trouble with the email icon for my corporate sync on this ROM. The issue is that the icon keeps disappearing from the app drawer.
First time around, I followed the instructions on this thread to a T. Thinking it was a fluke in the initial setup of the ROM, My steps to reinstall the ROM on the phone were:
1. Boot into CWM Recovery, Factory Reset/Wipe Device - Both data and cache
2. Reboot the phone and go to AP Fastboot - Using RSDLite 5.5, I installed the SBF 5.6.890
3. Restarted the phone, and Rooted the phone using Pete's Motorola Root Tools
4. Installed the purchased version of CWM Recovery Boot Strap for Droid 3
5. Copied the SD3_3000.zip to the internal SD Card
6. Clicked the BootStrap Recovery and then the Reboot Recovery in CWM Bootstrap Droid 3
7. Again, Factory wiped settings to be safe and then installed the zip from the internal SD card
8. Started up the phone, setup my email accounts, the email icon was there... for about 20 minutes and disappeared...
I am going to install the Universal Inbox, which I'm not very fond of; however, it's better than dealing with the bloatware from Verizon.
Not sure if this makes a difference, however, the hosted exchange server for our company email requires certain permissions to be allowed.
I am not sure if that is the root cause, however, I thought I would bring it up so we can see about getting this resolved in the next release?
The Universal Inbox did not fix the issue. I installed the zip through the recovery, however, when I booted the phone, there is no new icons
I will use a third party email apk for now.
Anyway, Thanks for all your help and I plan on donating a few bucks to help the cause!
Your ROM's are always great.
Last edited by dumm0r; 12-04-2011 at 10:49 AM.
First thanks for all your hard work on this great ROM !
Hi I have a few noob questions could someone give a description of what the "suggestion and rules checker" and "updaters" addon's are and what they do?
If you install one of these zips can they be uninstalled? and if so how?