Sorry for the newb question but can someone post a few easy to follow steps on how to get the Email restored. I too am seeing the messages come in from my corp server but I cannot access them. I also cant figure out what to install from RootzWiki. It looks like a full rom and I don't want to install over Steel Droid.
Thanks for the help
2) Extract the zip file (I downloaded mine to the PC and unzipped it there).
3) Open the extracted folder, then navigate to /system/app.
4) Locate the BlurEmail.apk file (not to be confused with blur_email.apk) and copy it.
5) Paste the file to the SD card or internal storage.
6) Using a file explorer (such as Root Explorer),copy the file from where you put it and paste to the /system/app directory (you may need to mount as RW first).
7) Set the permissions to rw-r--r-- by long-pressing and selecting "Permissions" (this is if you use Root Explorer, other programs may vary). Make sure owner has Read and Write, while Group and Others have Read only.
8) Reboot phone, and enjoy!
Edit: alternatively, you can adb push the file to /system/app. Will yield the same result.
Last edited by eomalley411; 10-07-2011 at 11:39 AM.
any ideas as to why my phone won't show up in rsdlite? i followed the steps so far, and my phone says usb connected, and the computer recognizes it, but i won't show up in rsdlite. do i need some other kind of drivers for this to work? chevy didn't say anything about in the directions. thanks in advance for your help!
OG DROID- liquid smooth 3.0 (retired)
DROID 3- running the latest of hash's ICS nightlies.
DROPBOX - click to get 250MB extra from my referral. (I get extra as well!)