DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 35 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by anthrpicdecadnce View Post
    can someone confirm these bugs? I would love to flash this rom but those are the current dealbreakers...
    The animation stops, but the charge meter still increments, so it's not a big deal since you still have an accurate charge reading.

After keeping an eye on it, the artifacts are really only noticable for that change from 12:59 to 1:00. Otherwise, the clock stays pretty much the same width, so you'll never notice it. The new font exacerbates the problem a bit since it seems to have wider characters. I haven't noticed it at all after switching back to the stock font.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Twitter
    dtdlurch
    Phone
    Motorola DROID 3
    can someone confirm these bugs? I would love to flash this rom but those are the current dealbreakers...
    I'm seeing the artifacts as well, but it isn't that big of a deal. They only stay temporarily. It almost looks as if its supposed to be displaying a 3D graphics, if that makes any sense. In no way a deal breaker for me because, so far, this system is running well. Smooth and faster than standard Moto ROM.

As far as the battery increments, I noticed this BEFORE I flashed this ROM. I had flashed the 1% increments mod on the stock ROM and it would sometimes only get up to 98% before it would stop and say it was charged. I think it is a minor bug in the actual stock ROM that carried over, since it wasn't developed with 1% increments in mind, it was never caught....at least, this is my humble assumption. Could be wrong.
    Rockin' the DROID 3
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    d2vzw
    Eh, screw it. I'll flash it anyway. If i dont like it.... well thats what nandroids are for
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Eh, screw it. I'll flash it anyway. If i dont like it.... well thats what nandroids are for
    You won't regret it!

As far as the battery increments, I noticed this BEFORE I flashed this ROM. I had flashed the 1% increments mod on the stock ROM and it would sometimes only get up to 98% before it would stop and say it was charged.
    Hmm yeah mine now stops at 97. Last night it stopped at 99. Bummer.
    Last edited by nicktastic; 10-06-2011 at 11:57 AM.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid3
    Sounds like there are little to no bugs in the version, very excited for it.

Just a few questions, can someone please define some of the adons?
    Some are pretty obvious, but others not so… suggestions and rules checker? Updaters (update what)? Photo and video editors? And is the visual voicemail the stock one that you have to pay for?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

My Steel Droid D3 is Smarter than your Honor Student
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    flashed this rom. works great!. only problems i had were:

1. gmail inop. i uninstalled and re-dl'd from market, installed again, and it fixed.

2. no wifi. i cannot connect to any network. i've tried my house network, my brother's tether off his phone, my work network, and my neighbors networks. It just gets stuck at 'obtaining ip', and after about 30 seconds, it goes to "disabled. wps available, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK". i've tried wps method and passcode methods, but no luck

other than those 2 concerns, this rom is great. (i guess the first ones not an issue cuz it was solved.)

oh yeah, we need themes, and 'hold back button to force close'.
    Last edited by Juz10xD; 10-06-2011 at 12:55 PM.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Just flashed the 2.0 rom, had 1.0 for a bit, but I need the email apps. New to roms and whatnot, but it is pretty impressive, nice work chevycam94!

Now the "addons" linked to in the OP, I downloaded all of them to my internal SD card, then installed them the same way I do the rom (from CWM). The universal messaging app works, sort of...

When I open universal messaging, I can access my text messages and facebook, but can't get to any of my email accounts (just FC's out).

I installed all of the addons at once, thought that may be the issue, so I retried them all one at a time, rebooting each time in between. Same result. Anyone have any ideas?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid3

WiFi Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Juz10xD View Post
    2. no wifi. i cannot connect to any network. i've tried my house network, my brother's tether off his phone, my work network, and my neighbors networks. It just gets stuck at 'obtaining ip', and after about 30 seconds, it goes to "disabled. wps available, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK". i've tried wps method and passcode methods, but no luck
    is anyone else having Wifi issues, Definetly a deal breaker for me as the D3 is my first smartphone and got forced into verizon's 2GB data scam

EDIT: I am not experiencing problems, (having installed V 2.0 yet) just gathering intel on the ROM
    Last edited by GreenSnow; 10-06-2011 at 02:33 PM.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSnow View Post
    is anyone else having Wifi issues, Definetly a deal breaker for me as the D3 is my first smartphone and got forced into verizon's 2GB data scam
    I haven't tried wifi yet... no wifi that I can connect to here at work. Will try at home and repost.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic and Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSnow View Post
    I've been using wifi all day with no problems so the problem you're experiencing isn't related to the rom.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Links