DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 19 of 145 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tay_xxx View Post
    Joined this forum for 2 reasons, one being to get some over some of the learning curves with the Droid 3. And 2 to thank you Chevy for the first working rom for the droid 3!!!

I'm going to hold off on flashing to it just yet til I have a better understanding on how all of this works. I came in late to the droid world with my last phone a Droid 2 and everything was already made easy, so before I start tinkering with my D3 I figure I had better learn what I'm doing!

Thanks again for your hard work!

Just want to say I am in the exact same position.
    I did some one-click (few step) iPod/iPad jailbreaking, recently moved over to the Dark side and got a D3 held off on rooting it, did it, and come to find out there are no ROMs yet, the next day I find this thread.

Is there any chance that a future version could be a simplier process or is that just the nature of the Droid world?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    D1>D3>Bionic(retired)>DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSnow View Post
    Just want to say I am in the exact same position.
    I did some one-click (few step) iPod/iPad jailbreaking, recently moved over to the Dark side and got a D3 held off on rooting it, did it, and come to find out there are no ROMs yet, the next day I find this thread.

Is there any chance that a future version could be a simplier process or is that just the nature of the Droid world?
    Its normally a very easy process the bootloader needs to be tweaked then it will be a single command to flash. It is locked atm. When jailbreaking iphones your just getting root not flashing.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    HTC Kaiser > HTC Raphael > D1: some ROM > D3: safestrap v2.10 SD 4.8 > Bionic: SS 3.11/JB OTA > Droid DNA: Viper ROM 1.3.3 with Beaups Kernel
    A100: CM10 TWRP > Tab 2 10.1: ZAP Blaster 2.1
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3

These directions are from stock, what if we've already rooted using one click?

These directions are from stock, what if we've already rooted using one click? what is the best method of reverting to stock?

Is it possible to skip some of the steps and start on the step after rooting? I see it is a different rooting method in the directions.

any help would be great.

ps verizon is trying to push an update, i'm guessing i don't want to do the update...
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    D1>D3>Bionic(retired)>DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by audischwaaa View Post
    These directions are from stock, what if we've already rooted using one click? what is the best method of reverting to stock?

Is it possible to skip some of the steps and start on the step after rooting? I see it is a different rooting method in the directions.

any help would be great.

ps verizon is trying to push an update, i'm guessing i don't want to do the update...
    The update is 890 u need to even try to flash with just clockworkmod. The sbf will also be 890. EDIT: just got home from work and saw how horrible this post was. to recap you must be on 890 to be able to flash this ROM in ROM manager with the bootstrap installed.

Last edited by rvcjew; 09-30-2011 at 08:26 PM.
    HTC Kaiser > HTC Raphael > D1: some ROM > D3: safestrap v2.10 SD 4.8 > Bionic: SS 3.11/JB OTA > Droid DNA: Viper ROM 1.3.3 with Beaups Kernel
    A100: CM10 TWRP > Tab 2 10.1: ZAP Blaster 2.1
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Hey Chevy, I know this has been brought to your attention already.. but the calendar is broken From what i have heard, its because of a file called "Email-Engine2.3.4.apk" or somehting along those line... Do you or anyone else know where i would be able to find that file? Im not sure if i can wait for the official update, but i love the load that your rom took off my phone.. I just really used the calendar on my og Droid and i like knowing when everything is and whatnot. Thanks!
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    rooted droid 3
    Im having trouble with volume control, when I watch youtube videos the volume is at max no matter how much I yurn it down. When it goes the whole way down to mute it goes off but when I click up one notch its like it at max volume(referring to the multimedia volume bar
    rooted droid 3
    Running steel droid 3
    with wifi radiocom tether hack
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by stryder1187 View Post
    Im having trouble with volume control, when I watch youtube videos the volume is at max no matter how much I yurn it down. When it goes the whole way down to mute it goes off but when I click up one notch its like it at max volume(referring to the multimedia volume bar
    Strange, I'm not having this issue.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid3
    Quote Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
    Its normally a very easy process the bootloader needs to be tweaked then it will be a single command to flash. It is locked atm. When jailbreaking iphones your just getting root not flashing.

Makes sence, thanks.

And thanks to Chevycam (and of course anyone else involved) for all the hard work, can't even imagine the time put into something like this.

And to any newbies reading this I found a ton of informational threads in the 'thunderbolt' and 'd2' sections, especially regarding rooting terminology. Atleast to me seems like most people on the d3 are pretty hacker savey.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid3
    Quote Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post

Makes sence, thanks.

And thanks to Chevycam (and of course anyone else involved) for all the hard work, can't even imagine the time put into something like this.

And to any newbies reading this I found a ton of informational threads in the 'thunderbolt' and 'd2' sections, especially regarding rooting terminology. Atleast to me seems like most people on the d3 are pretty hacker savey, so it can be frustrating understanding what people are talking about if this is where you are starting.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by audischwaaa View Post

any help would be great.

Ditto......I was rooted and then got the Verizon update to version 5.6.890 last night. Can I start at step 10, which is rooting the device? Also, do I need to use Pete's Motorola Root Tools or can I use the 1 click root method?

Thanks!

Edit - I did not realize Pete's Motorola Root Tools had 1 click root. My bad.
    Last edited by clownfrog; 10-01-2011 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Wasn't fully awake at time of original post.
Page 19 of 145 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Links