DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 143 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1442
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3

Unhappy General Problems

Hey chevycam94 i have problems with the rom. I tried once to install it but first time Play Store wouldn't download any apk. Then i went to the safestrap menu and tried to clean the cache but somehow i put on running the default rom from latest Safestrap's application. And in the first slot i had installed the rom, there was nothing.. I restarted the phone and it was running on default rom. Restart again and made the install of 5.0 SD again. After that the rom boots up normally but the phone hangs out a lot.
    Every single time i get out of an app the system tries to "refresh" and "reload" all the icons on the menus. I have installed the Go Launcher, cause it seems better to my eyes, not sure what does with the memory consuption though. Anyways i've installed Advanced Task Manager Pro and with the Go Task Manager i try to clean up the memory that gets full and then wait to see if the phone gets to a better situation. Best case scenario is approximattely 150MB free ram
    (when phone has just rebooted starts with almost 220MB then it falls to 170 usually) and a laggy phone. Worst case scenario is that i have to restart the phone. Also i have huge problem with the battery cause it has almost 24h of standby, but when it comes to typical daily use, meaning some phonecalls, a little 3G surfing and a little gaming ( Easy Battery Saver installed too) the phone can't last for more than 15 hours :/

Any advices would be thankfull, since my phone has turned to a torture. I should mention i was on 4.8 before and had no such problems.

Ps. Any link supporting what is NOT working in
    Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich in order to consider if i can use it daily, would be great.

Thanks in advance. I posted this here if someone has/will have such problems...
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarusrevol View Post
    Hey chevycam94 i have problems with the rom. I tried once to install it but first time Play Store wouldn't download any apk. Then i went to the safestrap menu and tried to clean the cache but somehow i put on running the default rom from latest Safestrap's application. And in the first slot i had installed the rom, there was nothing.. I restarted the phone and it was running on default rom. Restart again and made the install of 5.0 SD again. After that the rom boots up normally but the phone hangs out a lot.
    Every single time i get out of an app the system tries to "refresh" and "reload" all the icons on the menus. I have installed the Go Launcher, cause it seems better to my eyes, not sure what does with the memory consuption though. Anyways i've installed Advanced Task Manager Pro and with the Go Task Manager i try to clean up the memory that gets full and then wait to see if the phone gets to a better situation. Best case scenario is approximattely 150MB free ram
    (when phone has just rebooted starts with almost 220MB then it falls to 170 usually) and a laggy phone. Worst case scenario is that i have to restart the phone. Also i have huge problem with the battery cause it has almost 24h of standby, but when it comes to typical daily use, meaning some phonecalls, a little 3G surfing and a little gaming ( Easy Battery Saver installed too) the phone can't last for more than 15 hours :/

Any advices would be thankfull, since my phone has turned to a torture. I should mention i was on 4.8 before and had no such problems.

Ps. Any link supporting what is NOT working in
    Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich in order to consider if i can use it daily, would be great.

Thanks in advance. I posted this here if someone has/will have such problems...
    Everyone so busy?
  3. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    201 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Yea, I actually have been VERY busy. Its hard to keep up with everything these days, and with work picking back up, and college about to start back up, its really going to be something. Im just trying to fit in everything I can, but Im only one person, so this is a little harder than you might think.
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    Yea, I actually have been VERY busy. Its hard to keep up with everything these days, and with work picking back up, and college about to start back up, its really going to be something. Im just trying to fit in everything I can, but Im only one person, so this is a little harder than you might think.
    We all droid users really appreciate your work and thank you cause you've made our android experience a lot better. I just posted twice given the fact that you usually answer in a time of 7 days. Maybe cause the problems i get are so annoying and can't enjoy my phone.
    Anyways do as you can, and i wish luck to your matters. When you got time, see our problems here too.
  5. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    201 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarusrevol View Post
    We all droid users really appreciate your work and thank you cause you've made our android experience a lot better. I just posted twice given the fact that you usually answer in a time of 7 days. Maybe cause the problems i get are so annoying and can't enjoy my phone.
    Anyways do as you can, and i wish luck to your matters. When you got time, see our problems here too.
    I know. I got your messages and all, but the D3 is a little harder to work on, and Im running short on spare time right now. Im working 3 weeks straight right now (NO days off), from 5am to 7pm usually. I will try to get things fixed as I can. I also have to try to balance what can get fixed before what other things. Its a job all in itself. lol
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  6. CRW
    Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3 5.7.906.XT862
    Hey guys,
    I'm looking to improve my droid 3s performance and a friend told me about steel droid
    but really new to this stuff not sure what I'm and was wondering if this ROM works on my
    Droid 3
    system 5.7.906.XT862
    Android v2.3.4
    kernel v2.6.35.7-g5fa4155xrpk47@il93Inxdroid25 #1
    If anyone has any information that would be awesome!
    I did try reading through some of the forums but theres like 150 pages lol

Thanks everyone!
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Droid X, 2, 2G, X2, D3, D4
    yes this rom works
    root with MOTOFAIL “Droid 4” by Dan Rosenberg
    i
    nstall Safestrap v3
    install up to 4 custom roms and still have stock rom

links to videos here RootJunky [HOW-TO-VIDEOS] for Motorola Droid 3 by Tomsgt123

and more on my list Droid 3 (XT862)
    sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links: FAQs, Guides, Rooting, SBFs, ROMs... - Google Docs
    Last edited by themib; 02-28-2013 at 08:47 AM.
    [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .apk to root
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)

sd_shadow's (themib) [Collection] of Links: FAQs, Guides, Rooting, SBFs, ROMs... - sites.google.com

Always in motion is the future
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Droid. 5.7.906 Stock ROM

if installing Steel Droid v5.0 Gingerbread, do I still need to flash back to 5.6.890 SBF as the instruction says? or can I skip that and go directly to "ROOT STOCK ROM". I have the Droid. 5.7.906 Stock ROM on Droid 3

ALso, are there any issues with Steel Droid v5.0 Gingerbread which would affect the functionality I have now? would some applications/features like google navigation, office (which came free with stock) not work? Does v5.0 have bugs?

Thanks
    Last edited by uzairsyedahmed; 04-19-2013 at 09:28 PM.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Also, is v5.0 overclocked? as in is the processor overclocked to 1.2ghz?
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Droid X, 2, 2G, X2, D3, D4
    if you are on 906 you can not flash back to 890 (not fully anyways), and 5.0 is based on 906.
    I don't think 5.0 is overclocked.
    [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .apk to root
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)

sd_shadow's (themib) [Collection] of Links: FAQs, Guides, Rooting, SBFs, ROMs... - sites.google.com

Always in motion is the future

Links