I followed the following steps to Flash:
I have still crashed twice since this, no idea why; one time I was logging on facebook.com through the browser, the second time I was listening to Aarmin Van Burren using Google Music with the screen off through headphones.
1) Booted to AP Fastboot
2) Flashed SBF using RSDLite
3) Did factory reset using settings menu
4) Rooted using Pete's Tool
5) Installed Safestrap and booted to recovery.
6) Enabled SafeBoot (it backed up my system)
7) Cleared: Factory Reset, clear cache, clear Delvik catche,.
8) Installed Steel Droid from Internal SD
9) Rebooted. Used it for a little...
10) Flashed Addons (Swype, DLNA, Updaters, Editors) (Thank you Chevy!)
11) Allowed to fully charge while running and then cleared battery stats, currently discharging.
(as of 2331CST now 3 times, again listening to music | 4th time 2358CST no music, headphone jack plugged in. Google music stopped at the end of playlist for about a min, then phone crashed)
What does 'Fix Permissions' accomplish? I know it changes the chmod of the directories but what problems would it help? Would it be beneficial to do in my situation? Would it hurt anything?
Maybe the SBF I downloaded was bad? It boots correctly and now it is way more stable than before (probably because I am on Steel Droid and not the original ROM lol) Should I re-download and re-flash? I am just looking for anything to get rid of the slight instability I have.
I do not mean to have you write me a journal but I am getting very frustrated , trying to keep my cool Any other information needed I can supply.