DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 117 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1442
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

1. Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSnow View Post
    Hey Chevy how's everything on your end, noticed you dropped that massive update on your other project, congrats. Any word on changes in the D3 world?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    Nothing public yet. Still playing with the newest leak. But its progressing...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    ! NEW DEVICE ! (as of 01-05-2014)
    LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (32GB)
    Stock VS98012B (rooted)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0

Motorola Droid 1

Steel Droid v12.0 (GB WIP)
    RZ's 2.0.3 Recovery

Galaxy Nexus (32GB)

If you like my work, please donate!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid3
    Quote Originally Posted by chevycam94 View Post
    Nothing public yet. Still playing with the newest leak. But its progressing...
    Hmmmm.....sounds promising :-)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

My Steel Droid D3 is Smarter than your Honor Student
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    kiobah
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Hi Everyone,

Somebody having luck with the facebook issue. I get the same error of communicating with server and doesn't connect.

BTW: Chevy, Excellent work you've made, this rom is awesome.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Is there anyway i can make the hdmi port functional with this rom? It no longer auto detects after plugging a cable in.
  5. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Twitter
    @krazyace35
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadGuy View Post
    Is there anyway i can make the hdmi port functional with this rom? It no longer auto detects after plugging a cable in.
    over in op there are addons. Download the DLNA addon and flash it that will fix the HDMI

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums
    Last edited by krazyace38; 03-20-2012 at 02:23 PM.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    what theme is that in the original screen shot? And does it come in green?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Also im having trouble with the backup assistant, I tried both of the addons even the version for the older version and its still crashing. And thanks ace38.
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Twitter
    @krazyace35
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadGuy View Post
    Also im having trouble with the backup assistant, I tried both of the addons even the version for the older version and its still crashing. And thanks ace38.
    Your welcome! I never could get the backup assistant to work either so I downloaded Mobile backup II for contacts and sms then I downloaded my backup pro to backup my apps and data they work great

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3

Exclamation Huge Problem...

First of all let me introduce myself to the fourm... Name is Colton (probably evident per the username) and I have been stalking this thread for quite some time now. I have owned the Droid 1,2 and now the Droid 3. (will never get the droid 4 because of the non-removable battery, I thought apple was the only one who screwed their customers???) Anyway, I had installed the SD 4.5 on a D3 before and had it stable, absolutely loved it! Cannot be without it, but now I am...

I am not sure what I may have done wrong here but I will list some possibilities, I am not a full noob when it comes to this although this is my first phone to custom beyond rooting and overclocking. I had SD4.5 Running on a D3, Flashed back with RSD Lite so I could warranty replace it due to headphone jack issues, got the replacement, tried flashing, PROBLEMS! Got it back with RSD Lite but kept boot-looping even after flashing back to the OTA listed on post#1.

Now, after replacing that phone (blaming the looping issue on them) I have another D3.
    Code:
     - I have Rom Manager AND Droid3Bootstrapper installed (possible problem?) 
     - Flashed using 5.6.890 SBF
     - I rooted with Petes Tool (thanks to him for the ease of use!)
     - Installed D3 Bootstrapper and copied zips to internal sd
     - Rebooted recovery and did 'Factory Data Reset' + all the wipe options on the first menu
     - installed SD 4500 zip
     - rebooted
    I had to battery pull after 15 min wait (said to be normal, first phone was the same way)
    Booted up to the familiar SD, received multiple FC issues????

Now the phone, even after flashing back to 5.6.890 SBF and going back to the nandroid backup I made after rooting only the phone will randomly reboot, sometimes boot-looping... Any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cannot stand not having Steel Droid installed and it get embarrassing going to show a picture to a friend then the phone randomly reboots.

Thank you!

Colton
    Last edited by colton22; 03-22-2012 at 10:11 PM.
  10. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Twitter
    @krazyace35
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by colton22 View Post
    First of all let me introduce myself to the fourm... Name is Colton (probably evident per the username) and I have been stalking this thread for quite some time now. I have owned the Droid 1,2 and now the Droid 3. (will never get the droid 4 because of the non-removable battery, I thought apple was the only one who screwed their customers???) Anyway, I had installed the SD 4.5 on a D3 before and had it stable, absolutely loved it! Cannot be without it, but now I am...

I am not sure what I may have done wrong here but I will list some possibilities, I am not a full noob when it comes to this although this is my first phone to custom beyond rooting and overclocking. I had SD4.5 Running on a D3, Flashed back with RSD Lite so I could warranty replace it due to headphone jack issues, got the replacement, tried flashing, PROBLEMS! Got it back with RSD Lite but kept boot-looping even after flashing back to the OTA listed on post#1.

Now, after replacing that phone (blaming the looping issue on them) I have another D3.
    - I have Rom Manager AND Droid3Bootstrapper installed (possible problem?)
    - Flashed using 5.6.890 SBF
    - I rooted with Petes Tool (thanks to him for the ease of use!)
    - Installed D3 Bootstrapper and copied zips to internal sd
    - Rebooted recovery and did 'Factory Data Reset' + all the wipe options on the first menu
    - installed SD 4500 zip
    - rebooted

I had to battery pull after 15 min wait (said to be normal, first phone was the same way)
    Booted up to the familiar SD, received multiple FC issues????

Now the phone, even after flashing back to 5.6.890 SBF and going back to the nandroid backup I made after rooting only the phone will randomly reboot, sometimes boot-looping... Any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cannot stand not having Steel Droid installed and it get embarrassing going to show a picture to a friend then the phone randomly reboots.

Thank you!

Colton
    Welcome to the forum! When u get boot loop after sbf, boot into factory recovery by first pulling the battery, while phone is off hold down the z key and the power button till u see the little android guy. Press both volume buttons and the recovery should pop up. Choose factory data reset then reboot phone. Let it fully boot then settle for about 15 minutes. Root the phone then download and install safestrap from the OP on page one. Run safestrap, allow superuser then install recovery and reboot phone. After the motorola logo the safestrap will show up, press the menu soft key on front of phone and it will boot into CWM recovery scroll down to safe system choose it by pressing the search key choose toggle safe mode then choose yes it will back up your system and enable safe mode. choose go back then do the factory data reset, clear cache, and delvik cache then flash as u normally would. After successful flash reboot phone and let it fully boot and settle for about 15 minutes then u should be ok. Hope this helps and remember; getting mad or upset just makes it harder to do something.

Links